?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

6th sam

Quote from: Hectic on August 15, 2017, 10:19:46 AM
Ferguson etc might be criticized for such an action alright but none of them has had to endure what Neil Lennon has had to endure.  He was attacked in the street by two Ibrox season ticket holders who were passed down sentences FFS.  Yet even in this instance it was being portrayed as he brings this sort of stuff onto himself. 

You have to remember he was inciting those supporters on Saturday by his mere presence there.  One of the complaints was about him celebrating a goal along with the complaint about cupping his ears. 

I remember when Cantona went into the crowd - maybe a better comparison in terms of serious provocation but a much much much stronger reaction - at that time I felt I could understand why Cantona reacted in the way he did even though he was being paid handsomely. 

At the end of the day Lennon was getting serious verbal abuse after years of serious verbal and physical abuse.  If he wants to cup his ears to say yeah give me all you have got because you know what you will not put me down then too bad if those in the same stand find that to be unpalatable.

I have stated on several occasions that Neil has been on the receiving end of disgraceful unprovoked hatred.
It's understandable, how he would want to get his own back, but the rules and expectations of managers and players are clear. Neil, continues to make a successful career out of soccer , and his fighting qualities are a major part of that, in a positive way. However, if he crosses the line, like anyone else,  he deserves to be called out for that.  I don't think any reasonable person can argue with that logic.
Was I delighted to see him win and get one over on those that have subjected him to horrendous abuse? Yes. Do , I think he conducted himself appropriately after the goal? No

Hectic

Look everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  What I saw was a man who has suffered the most extreme abuse facing up to his haters saying you will not break me.  Its not as if he was blessing himself in front of them or giving them the two fingers or even throwing a load of verbal abuse back at them. After the goal he was saying how do you like that and after the final whistle he was saying give me all you have got. 

I appreciate what you are saying about expected conduct for a manager but at the same time I can fully understand his reaction - some people cower to bullies, some ignore them and others face up to them - such is the rich tapestry of life.  Yes the football authorities might have a say on it but at the same time I would not be criticizing him too strongly.

stew

Quote from: Hectic on August 15, 2017, 11:02:48 AM
Look everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  What I saw was a man who has suffered the most extreme abuse facing up to his haters saying you will not break me.  Its not as if he was blessing himself in front of them or giving them the two fingers or even throwing a load of verbal abuse back at them. After the goal he was saying how do you like that and after the final whistle he was saying give me all you have got. 

I appreciate what you are saying about expected conduct for a manager but at the same time I can fully understand his reaction - some people cower to bullies, some ignore them and others face up to them - such is the rich tapestry of life.  Yes the football authorities might have a say on it but at the same time I would not be criticizing him too strongly.

I wouldnt criticize him at all, these scummy bastards think because they buy a ticket they can act any way they want, they cant, fair play to Lennon.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Esmarelda

Quote from: stew on August 15, 2017, 11:07:44 AM
Quote from: Hectic on August 15, 2017, 11:02:48 AM

I wouldnt criticize him at all, these scummy b**tards think because they buy a ticket they can act any way they want, they cant, fair play to Lennon.
I'd be ever so slightly critical of Lennon if there was some form of punishment for fans.

Surely there's some way that this abuse can be caught on camera (with sound) at these grounds.

The thing is, unless it's specifically racial abuse it's fair game which I find unacceptable.

ned

Police will take no further action. Await the SFA doing the same. Aye right!
FFS I saw Dyche celebrate a Burnley goal in front of Chelsea fans with a raised arm and clenched fist. That looked like a GIRUY to me. Mourinho used to race the length of the touchline in celebration. Plenty of players do the ear cupping or finger to the mouth gesture. It should be seen for what it is,an emotional response in celebration. Poor wee lambs just can't take it being beaten by an Irish, Catholic, ex Celtic player and manager.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ned on August 15, 2017, 12:18:42 PM
Police will take no further action. Await the SFA doing the same. Aye right!
FFS I saw Dyche celebrate a Burnley goal in front of Chelsea fans with a raised arm and clenched fist. That looked like a GIRUY to me. Mourinho used to race the length of the touchline in celebration. Plenty of players do the ear cupping or finger to the mouth gesture. It should be seen for what it is,an emotional response in celebration. Poor wee lambs just can't take it being beaten by an Irish, Catholic, ex Celtic player and manager and ex Northern Ireland player captain.

Fixed that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Since they finished their playing days, both Lenny and Ally have bloated out in a similar dumpy fashion.

Esmarelda

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on August 15, 2017, 12:44:04 PM
Since they finished their playing days, both Lenny and Ally have bloated out in a similar dumpy fashion.

Maybe they should be shot for that too ;)...Too much steak & chips instead of cabbage and spuds with a slice of bacon
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Targetman

Chris Sutton guarantees Patrick Roberts is signing, didn't say when though, big one tomorrow night, ideally would like to be taking a two goal lead to the away leg but think tomorrow's game will be tricky enough

Main Street

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 15, 2017, 03:08:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40921922

From that article

Complaints were made to police over Lennon's touchline conduct after Hibs' first goal in a 3-2 victory.
Rangers assistant manager Helder Baptista had spoken to police about Lennon, he (Lenny) said: "I didn't make a gesture, I celebrated a goal.If they are unhappy about it they can come and tell me. But I shouldn't get into trouble for doing that."

To be a Rangers' assistant manager, you're the snitch, yapping in the ears of the police ;D
And to be a Rangers manager, it's part of the job description to act out the condescending prat,  referring to Lenny  Pedro exclaimed  "I don't have the same principles, education or point of view."

And for both of them, they automatically inherit the club's air of sole entitlement to everything.

tonto1888

Massive game tonight and we go into it with a half fit striker and one fit centre back. I am worried

stew

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 16, 2017, 08:22:55 AM
Massive game tonight and we go into it with a half fit striker and one fit centre back. I am worried

Celtic should have had Roberts signed already, its almost as if they would prefer a long run in the Europa Cup, they have the money, he wants to be there, sign him or get him on loan now!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hectic

Quote from: stew on August 16, 2017, 10:20:42 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 16, 2017, 08:22:55 AM

Celtic should have had Roberts signed already, its almost as if they would prefer a long run in the Europa Cup, they have the money, he wants to be there, sign him or get him on loan now!

I suspect it will be a loan and City will not sanction it until we are in CL.