62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:17:38 PM
Quote from: ned on August 17, 2017, 01:51:48 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 17, 2017, 12:21:34 PM
Great performance but a lot of things fell kindly for Celtic last night.

BUT nothing. You can't watch a lot of football. Celtic deserved that last night 100%. The first goal was an own goal forced by Rogic's brilliant skill, Griffiths was on hand anyway. The ref played advantage at the third as he should have. Griffiths' goal took a deflection, happens every week in loads of matches. So I would say one thing 'fell kindly'. FFS just enjoy a great win and a brilliant performance.
Who's not enjoying it. He said a lot of things fell for Celtic and anyone (other than you perhaps?) can see that it did. It happens some times. Celtic deserved to win but not by five. I really enjoyed the win despite these obvious observations. Oh, FFS.

I'm still savouring that performance. Point out "a lot of things'" that fell for Celtic. I saw one instance, maybe two, everything else was as a result of good tactics/play and a superb performance.

Main Street

Quote from: ned on August 18, 2017, 08:38:23 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on August 17, 2017, 10:17:38 PM
Quote from: ned on August 17, 2017, 01:51:48 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 17, 2017, 12:21:34 PM
Great performance but a lot of things fell kindly for Celtic last night.

BUT nothing. You can't watch a lot of football. Celtic deserved that last night 100%. The first goal was an own goal forced by Rogic's brilliant skill, Griffiths was on hand anyway. The ref played advantage at the third as he should have. Griffiths' goal took a deflection, happens every week in loads of matches. So I would say one thing 'fell kindly'. FFS just enjoy a great win and a brilliant performance.
Who's not enjoying it. He said a lot of things fell for Celtic and anyone (other than you perhaps?) can see that it did. It happens some times. Celtic deserved to win but not by five. I really enjoyed the win despite these obvious observations. Oh, FFS.

I'm still savouring that performance. Point out "a lot of things'" that fell for Celtic. I saw one instance, maybe two, everything else was as a result of good tactics/play and a superb performance.
Of course Celtic deserved it, nevertheless Bennyd's point has some merit when you consider 5 goals from 3 shots on target and to be 2 goals up at half time was not a fair reflection of the proceedings. Celtic could then afford to take stock in defence in the 2nd half, not have to force the issue, hit on the counter, with Griffiths and Sinclair looking very sharp and more space for them to run into.
The 2 own goals fell Celtic's way, also the refs decision to wait 4 seconds after the clash of heads also fell Celtic's way. Doesn't meant that the defender had any other option but to score an og from the Rogic cross into the danger area or that the ref was not right to play on those few seconds after the head clash.
Not much went for Astana on the night, their game plan fell apart before half time without them doing much wrong.

omagh_gael

I see Rosenberg beat Ajax 1-0 in Holland last night. Makes Celtic's progress look all the more impressive.

Applesisapples

Stevie G said on BT Sport that Brendan shared the tactics with him before hand and that was how it worked out.

ned

The point is football is like that. A lot of goals can be attributed to a deflection, an opponent's mistake, a poor referee decision. Only one goal, Griffiths', was due to luck.

Hectic

I do think Astana are a better team that what the score line suggests and I reckon you will see them pull some decent results in the Europa League (please god).

illdecide

Armstrong signs a new deal...Brendy showed him who is boss...Sign or take your face for one.

Roberts on his way too next week on another 12 month loan deal and with Nitcham looking good that's a few good signings, please give us a good draw in CL and hopefully we can at least get 3rd with a possibility of 2nd (who knows). Was reading today but can't remember where that Celtic have a decent chance of going into bowl 3 for the CL draw (depends on another teams result who are trailing 2-1, think it's HNK Rejeka who play Olympicos)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

Quote from: illdecide on August 18, 2017, 03:51:17 PM
Armstrong signs a new deal...Brendy showed him who is boss...Sign or take your face for one.

Roberts on his way too next week on another 12 month loan deal and with Nitcham looking good that's a few good signings, please give us a good draw in CL and hopefully we can at least get 3rd with a possibility of 2nd (who knows). Was reading today but can't remember where that Celtic have a decent chance of going into bowl 3 for the CL draw (depends on another teams result who are trailing 2-1, think it's HNK Rejeka who play Olympicos)

It's any one of four teams. Sevilla, Napoli, Liverpool as well as Olimpiakos. Liverpool could struggle yet. Pot 3 doesn't guarantee easy forth team unfortunately.

Milltown Row2

At what point can Celtic's grading (for the want of a better word) be increased?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 04:14:57 PM
At what point can Celtic's grading (for the want of a better word) be increased?

Points make prizes...the more they win CL and qualify for group stages the more their coefficient goes up and then they go up in the seedings...(i think)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

If any of the present pot3 teams lose in the qualifiers Celtic automatically go into Pot3.

Hectic

Celtic could potentially boost their coefficient more by finishing a strong 3rd in their group then knocking off a few rounds in Europa League though a strong 2nd and last 16 would be a good return.

Have been handicapped by non existent performances by their Scottish counterparts in that the country element of the coefficient is all points gained factored by number of participants.

I actually think pretty soon there is a change where a clubs points is heavier weighted than their country element so that could help at group stage. Starting point in terms of qualifying round will still be determined by country ranking though.

Main Street

There is a change coming into force next season in the Uefa club ranking criteria for clubs and afaics the change will benefit Celtic. Clubs will now gain no benefit from their country's coefficient.  And seeing as Celtic are about the only SPL club earning points, this change should benefit Celtic's ranking.

Celtic are currently 50th in the UEFA 5-year Club Ranking 2018 (for next season's CL) and this despite the rich pickings of 2012/13 dropping out of the calculation. Celtic  will probably end up in the mid 40's once the group stage points are tallied.
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank2018.html

Under the old system, Celtic would have lost ground in the rankings and dropped down to around 60th for 2018.
In 2016/17  group stage draw, Celtic were the top 4th pot seed.

Targetman

Brendan speaking highly of the green brigade today, hope all the negative stuff is behind us we can look forward to something special in the champions league, great banner on Wednesday night, Roberts coming for another year loan deal, another plus.

T Fearon

The Green Brigade must not allow themselves to be provoked by Sevco or the likes of Linfield/Hearts.Keep it like last Wednesday night,a real Credit to the Club.