Author Topic: James McClean  (Read 59734 times)

longballin

• View Profile
Re: James McClean
« Reply #690 on: December 30, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »
Looking at this rubbish McClean well up to that standard

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 30, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »

I see you've been fooled into believing the myth of the epl. Yes it does have attractive games like arsenal v united, city v liverpool and spurs v chelsea but it also has bog standard very average games like stoke v huddersfield, watford  v stoke, swansea v bournemouth etc. These clubs are filled with average players very few of whom would improve the current celtic team. Of course there are a lot of players there who could come in and do a similar job but they wouldn't make any significant improvements. Mclean is pretty much up to the standard okay but he's not an improvement and he's on v high wages.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 30, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »

I see you've been fooled into believing the myth of the epl. Yes it does have attractive games like arsenal v united, city v liverpool and spurs v chelsea but it also has bog standard very average games like stoke v huddersfield, watford  v stoke, swansea v bournemouth etc. These clubs are filled with average players very few of whom would improve the current celtic team. Of course there are a lot of players there who could come in and do a similar job but they wouldn't make any significant improvements. Mclean is pretty much up to the standard okay but he's not an improvement and he's on v high wages.

Only thing is top of Scotland is bog standard...

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 30, 2017, 08:42:14 PM »

I'm glad we're now in agreement - the top of the spl is about the same standard as the lower half of the epl or championship. The bottom half of the spl is more like league 1 standard. Celtic wouldn't make the top 6 in the epl as things stand but if they were in that league with the immediate 100 million plus injection they would get from tv money they would soon be challenging at the top of the table.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 30, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »

I'm glad we're now in agreement - the top of the spl is about the same standard as the lower half of the epl or championship. The bottom half of the spl is more like league 1 standard. Celtic wouldn't make the top 6 in the epl as things stand but if they were in that league with the immediate 100 million plus injection they would get from tv money they would soon be challenging at the top of the table.

If you say so  :o