Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2017, 08:54:05 PM
So we are assuming? Surely if he was doped up he'd have won?? I think in the main all sports people at some level are on enhancing drugs, be it GAA or Lacrosse unfortunately.. me personally I'll wait till they are caught
The fall will be delicious when it comes to Farah.

https://twitter.com/modoorbell/status/891624875068198913

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2017, 08:54:05 PM
So we are assuming? Surely if he was doped up he'd have won?? I think in the main all sports people at some level are on enhancing drugs, be it GAA or Lacrosse unfortunately.. me personally I'll wait till they are caught

That's assuming the people who defeated him aren't. Ethiopia, where farah trains,  has very dubious testing. I prefer to think bolt and even froome not up to their neck in it but farah has a lot of dubious things going on.

Milltown Row2

I'm not saying he is and backed it up with most successful sports people are regardless of the sport.... my beef is with the ones giving off while praising other sports men (soccer, hurling, football, golf ) thinking they are clean?

At what point do wr think this 'Winner' is clean?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The detractors have built a list of 21 unanswered questions on farah. He has suspect allegiances with salazar and aden and then some though.

The reality is that endurance sports can have huge gains made in them by pushing "science" boundaries so it will always lend itself to big question marks. Power and speed sports have the steroids aspect too. There are a lot of very probing journalists who jump all over athletes when they make suspect moves. They have been alloverfarah for along timewith a lotof questions.

I do see what you are saying but some have more questions on them than others with farah being one of them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2017, 09:33:45 PM
The detractors have built a list of 21 unanswered questions on farah. He has suspect allegiances with salazar and aden and then some though.

The reality is that endurance sports can have huge gains made in them by pushing "science" boundaries so it will always lend itself to big question marks. Power and speed sports have the steroids aspect too. There are a lot of very probing journalists who jump all over athletes when they make suspect moves. They have been alloverfarah for along timewith a lotof questions.

I do see what you are saying but some have more questions on them than others with farah being one of them.

I get it, Farah is running with a black cloud.. but flip sake!! Ones complaining about Jamaica testing being the worst and doubting them but with the brits being better at testing surely something must come out?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

More drug cheats winning the 4x4 100 metres

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2017, 09:46:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2017, 09:33:45 PM

I get it, Farah is running with a black cloud.. but flip sake!! Ones complaining about Jamaica testing being the worst and doubting them but with the brits being better at testing surely something must come out?

He doesn't live in britain. I get what you get. I just have reservations here. I prefer not to think like that but when your coach writes a paper stating the way to beat the africans is to dope then you are leaving yourself very open to doubters.

StGallsGAA

Paula Radcliffe sniggering when the presenter asked her about Bolt pulling up made her look good!

Milltown Row2

Amsterdam marathon coming up, Training in full mode now! Two 13 plus miles this last few days, Thursday and Sunday... weather has been great lately so makes it easier and new trainers have worked a treat..

just notice that the first mile is crap!! After that it's all good not sure if it's the head or body that needs sorted

el_cuervo_fc

Got the Dublin Ironman 70.3 finished today. Tough going but that should set me up nicely for the Dublin marathon

Milltown Row2

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 20, 2017, 11:11:29 PM
Got the Dublin Ironman 70.3 finished today. Tough going but that should set me up nicely for the Dublin marathon

Friend did it said it was a great day and well run, fair play

el_cuervo_fc

Yeah it was a great event. First time doing it so delighted to get it done

heffo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2017, 11:19:12 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 20, 2017, 11:11:29 PM

Friend did it said it was a great day and well run, fair play

My second time doing - great event - weather Gods were with us yesterday too

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: heffo on August 21, 2017, 09:26:17 AM

We got lucky alright. Glad to get finished before the rain started. The debate is on now whether to go to the next level or not

Milltown Row2

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 21, 2017, 10:38:01 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 21, 2017, 09:26:17 AM

We got lucky alright. Glad to get finished before the rain started. The debate is on now whether to go to the next level or not

Huge step up all the same! toying with it for about a year now, takes a huge commitment training wise to get to that level... 2 close friends have competed in 6 different Ironman competitions around Europe. They were mainly cyclists and had to improve their running and swimming to be able to get over the line... Years ago you could have finished regardless of the time but now you have a time limit for each part, if you don't complete it they stop you before you take up the next stage