The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aughafad

Rakitic, is a weird one, barcelona just gave him a new 4 year deal in March at 29 years of age and the president went public in his desire to keep him at the club.

johnneycool

Virgil will be worth more and more every week as that Liverpool defence can't seem to head the bloody ball away.

tiempo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 13, 2017, 01:13:38 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 13, 2017, 12:20:32 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2017, 11:16:28 AM
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/08/13/video-liverpool-store-removes-philippe-coutinho-image-from-shop-window/

Doesn't bode well.
He's gone, listening to Klopps comments after the game would seem to indicate that. Talks of Barca offering Rakitic as part of the deal.

Rakitic and the right amount of cash would be a good deal. With Paulinho joining them that could free up the space for that deal to happen.  Enough cash to secure VVD. Coutinho is an outrageous player but a strong defence wins you leagues. Van Dijk will go a long way to closing up that hole so long as the coaching is right and I would have to question that at the minute as there seems to be no improvement on what is there and that's what Klopp is famed for.

Not sure what you mean by an outrageous player but if you are trying to say he is the same level as Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos and players at that level then he hasn't shown it yet. Needs to do more than a few decent punts from distance.

Also, cant see Rakitic going to Liverpool, huge step down.

dclane

Every club in the world is a step down from Barca or Real.
Even PSG is a step down for Neymar.

trileacman

Coutinho is no messi or ronaldo but he's still the beating heart of this Liverpool side. Whilst there's a gulf between him messi, ronaldo and neymar there's equally as large a gulf between him and liverpools next top player. The brits, firmino, and the rest are  miles behind him in terms of influence. Only mane sits in the void between Coutinho and the rest of them. He's a massive loss to a small squad like Liverpools and unfortunately he's a good as gone.

A lot of you are clutching at straws by running him down now. We need to sink the arm in Barca for him and go back to the shops quick.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Quote from: trileacman on August 14, 2017, 12:58:13 PM
Coutinho is no messi or ronaldo but he's still the beating heart of this Liverpool side. Whilst there's a gulf between him messi, ronaldo and neymar there's equally as large a gulf between him and liverpools next top player. The brits, firmino, and the rest are  miles behind him in terms of influence. Only mane sits in the void between Coutinho and the rest of them. He's a massive loss to a small squad like Liverpools and unfortunately he's a good as gone.

A lot of you are clutching at straws by running him down now. We need to sink the arm in Barca for him and go back to the shops quick.

Who do you think you'd get at this stage? If they sell him now, it's not going to be a good outcome no matter what.

laoislad

Even if he doesn't go they still need players in.
Just as  there doesn't seem to be a Plan B when teams set up to defend against us,there also doesn't seem to be a Plan  B regarding transfers.
Looks like it was a mistake putting everything into getting Keita and VVD.
The Liverpool Echo quoted Klopp as saying yesterday that he knows they need more players before the end of the window.
All well and good saying that now, but we've all known that since the end of last season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Exactly. I think the players Klopp gets in seem to be good fits, by and large, however he (or the club) are very limited in the way they chase players. It's not good enough.

Milltown Row2

Rumours (whatever that means) that Klopp isnt a happy bunny with the board and only because of his love for the players and fans will stay on, god knows how much truth is in that but fair play to him for doing it, think he's been promised a (new signings I'd imagine) a lot but has not happened!

I'd say most of it would be out of his control to be fair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

We're losing Coutinho and pretty much fucked in all regards. Klopp won't see Christmas I fear. Pity because he's a decent manager if he had a bit of the financial backing like these other pricks are getting. Maureen and Wenger are yesterdays men but it's Klopp who's gonna get roaded because FSG are trying to win the PL through sound financial planning.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

This Hoffenheim crowd were brilliant at home last year. Think they won every home game in 2017, bar one draw, including beating Munich. Probably a good time to play them though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: trileacman on August 15, 2017, 12:18:00 AM
We're losing Coutinho and pretty much fucked in all regards. Klopp won't see Christmas I fear. Pity because he's a decent manager if he had a bit of the financial backing like these other pricks are getting. Maureen and Wenger are yesterdays men but it's Klopp who's gonna get roaded because FSG are trying to win the PL through sound financial planning.

I don't think FSG are trying to win the PL through sound financial planning. I think they are trying to grow an asset so the next Oligarch or Royal Family or whatever billionaire investor is around might buy it for stupid money. They need to be in the CL, but not winning it. They need to be on TV a lot, but don't need to win the PL. They need to be vibrant and exciting and attractive, and they need millions of fans all around the world.

laoislad

Apparently Hoffenheim scored more goals from set pieces than any other club in the Bundesliga last season.
  ;D
Should be great craic tonight so.

Walter Cronc

Is it live tonight? BT I assume?

laoislad