Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

I wonder how the season tickets will shake out. If the give tickets to all the Gaa & Cairde Mhaigh Eo tickets there will be more Mayo people than Kildare in the ground which would be a bit of a farce!! Should we be even entitled to a 50/50 split? Would a 60/40 split or less not be fair since after all Kildare are the Home team and we are the away team?

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2018, 08:19:24 AM
Kildare have painted themselves into a corner and cannot back down. What could change things is a player revolt. If they come out and say they'll play in CP. Cian O'Neill would be nothing more than a zombie manager at that stage.
The best result Kildare can hope for is that Mayo are given a walk over. They're a beaten docket regardless if the game goes ahead in Newbridge or not.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0627/973579-kildare-mayo-set-for-newbridge-at-7pm-on-saturday/

Jaysus

Jinxy

For the first 10 minutes or so, this will be some game to be at.
I'm expecting the most obnoxious and outspoken Kildare fans from the nineties & noughties to resurface for this.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: WT4E on June 27, 2018, 11:42:34 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 11:35:55 AM
John Prenty, Fergal McGill, Nicky Brennan, Rossfan, Ned Quinn, Dick Clerkin... can you hear me Dick Clerkin! Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!

You'd have to include Tom Ryan in this.

Was a really big opportunity to show he is a strong leader and he never uttered a word.... I'd be worried about the future if there's someone who buried the head in the sand at the first sign of controversy in charge.
Perhaps he was the one who maybe with John Horan quietly called people together and reversed the 4 Cs decision?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jayop on June 27, 2018, 11:44:08 AM
So what are Mayo going to do for midfield? Pull AoS out there?

I would say you might see Keegan and D. O'Connor there with AOS dropping in for kickouts form 11

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 11:38:07 AM
So who are Meath playing this weekend ;D

Unusually poor and limp response Rosfan - an opportunity to say nothing missed. You clearly misread the mood on this issue and where right lay. You were with the CP group thinkers who now clearly need a rethink. In fairness to Jinxy he read this well from the start.

yellowcard

So thankfully common sense prevailed. It will be interesting to listen to the GAA's explanation following initial concerns over health and safety and their insistence that 'under no circumstances' would the match be changed.

Meanwhile An Garda Siochana will have their resources stretched to the hilt as they gather up all avalable police horses, baton's, shields, water cannons, tear gas etc in anticipation of the ensuing riot between hordes of disgruntled rival fans on Saturday evening.

Jinxy

John Prenty, Fergal McGill, Nicky Brennan, Rossfan, Ned Quinn, Dick Clerkin... can you hear me Dick Clerkin! Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!

Was a really big opportunity to show he is a strong leader and he never uttered a word.... I'd be worried about the future if there's someone who buried the head in the sand at the first sign of controversy in charge.

I dunno.
My gut feeling is that he was the one working away behind the scenes in a more conciliatory way than the firebrands from the CCCC.
Maybe he felt Kildare were in the right?
Then you're pitting the DG against the CCCC and he's completely undermined them in public.
The GAA is a strange beast at official level but I don't think this is a case of Tom Ryan running for cover.

WT4E

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 11:46:50 AM

Perhaps he was the one who maybe with John Horan quietly called people together and reversed the 4 Cs decision?

Perhaps - But being so early in I'd have been making a statement to say - listen lads i'll sort this/I've sorted this. To show I'm the man in charge and I'll do whats right or if he wanted to be hardline say listen i'm in charge the game will be in croke park.

All we know now is he was silent which suggests he did nothing in most peoples minds I imagine.

weareros

Hope there's no animosity as Hq warned  between the supporters. You'd be worried a best dressed lady from the races could take off her Phillip Treacy hat and take a swing at a Mayoman and he'll do likewise with his Western People paper hat that up to then has been protecting him from the 30 degree sun all day.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 11:46:17 AM
For the first 10 minutes or so, this will be some game to be at.
I'm expecting the most obnoxious and outspoken Kildare fans from the nineties & noughties to resurface for this.  ;D

I will be there....
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Mayo fans would be well-advised not to start any trouble.
Their infantry is no match for Kildare cavalry.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 11:57:06 AM
Mayo fans would be well-advised not to start any trouble.
Their infantry is no match for Kildare cavalry.

Ha their cavalry hasn't a hope of stopping the bull unless they throw a few snackboxes at him! ;)

High Fielder

Kildare fans, I am genuinely happy for you. Kildare CB, we will never forget the day you shafted us and sat back as we played Dublin in Nowlan Park. If it was right now, it was right then. A good day for the GAA. Up Laois

Dougal Maguire

When the dust settles on this and people reflect in the cold light of day, I'm sure someone will ask the question 'why, when you look at most other County grounds and the facilities that are available, is Newbridge such a shit hole, why has it been allowed to get into this state, what plans have Kildare got to improve it and where will they go to for the money'
Careful now