Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 27, 2018, 09:30:21 AM
If you take the emotion out of it, hard to do I accept, the GAA decided Newbridge could not host the game on health and safety grounds, with an all ticket capacity of C.8,000. Mayo take somewhere in the region of 10,000 fans with them which means that 60% of their fans can't be accommodated.The potential for a sizeable number to turn up with out tickets is there. Kildare were asked to nominate an alternative venue, as Cavan did with Brewster Park but like the spoilt brat refused to do so. Irrespective of TV rights county teams would be nowhere without the fans and the GAA is right to try and ensure as many as possible see the game. If Kildare had drawn Clare there wouldn't have been an issue but Mayo travel in numbers. at this stage of the qualifiers I don't think the luck of the draw should determine where a game is played, in my opinion. Any GAA player should feel privileged to get to play in Croke Park and as top billing as well in front of Tyrone/Cavan!

Ok Nicky.

dublin7

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 27, 2018, 09:01:04 AM
So it was Nicky Brennan's turn last night on OFB, 'I haven't looked at the rule book but I know the GAA are in the right'

They'd do well to keep to keep their mouths shut going forward. Sean Kelly too yesterday morning completely missing the point when stating additional payments to Kildare would solve the problem.

You're right. Sean Kelly summed up all that's wrong with the thinking from the head honchos in Croke Park. He didn't even have to think  when asked for a solution, just said pay off Kildare co board and they'll be happy. 

They don't seem able to grasp that it's not about money and that if Kildare board accept a pay off now they might as well hand in their resignations as well. They would be dead to everyone connected in Kildare GAA from the ordinary gaa member in the county up to the Cian O'Neill and the county panel.

Jinxy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 27, 2018, 09:11:46 AM
Someone should have asked Nickey about Kilkenny football

Would you believe he actually managed the KK footballers years ago?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trailer

Quote from: dublin7 on June 27, 2018, 09:33:10 AM
So it was Nicky Brennan's turn last night on OFB, 'I haven't looked at the rule book but I know the GAA are in the right'

They'd do well to keep to keep their mouths shut going forward. Sean Kelly too yesterday morning completely missing the point when stating additional payments to Kildare would solve the problem.

You're right. Sean Kelly summed up all that's wrong with the thinking from the head honchos in Croke Park. He didn't even have to think  when asked for a solution, just said pay off Kildare co board and they'll be happy. 

They don't seem able to grasp that it's not about money and that if Kildare board accept a pay off now they might as well hand in their resignations as well. They would be dead to everyone connected in Kildare GAA from the ordinary gaa member in the county up to the Cian O'Neill and the county panel.

For it not to be about the Money, Kildare and other Leinster teams do some moaning about the money Dublin get.
But it's not about the money. It's about doing what is right, well this time at least, not the time with the Seanie Johnston fiasco, that wasn't about doing what is right, that was different.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2018, 09:42:38 AM

For it not to be about the Money, Kildare and other Leinster teams do some moaning about the money Dublin get.
But it's not about the money. It's about doing what is right, well this time at least, not the time with the Seanie Johnston fiasco, that wasn't about doing what is right, that was different.

Some one needs to contact your village.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

If you take the emotion out of it, hard to do I accept, the GAA decided Newbridge could not host the game on health and safety grounds, with an all ticket capacity of C.8,000. Mayo take somewhere in the region of 10,000 fans with them which means that 60% of their fans can't be accommodated.The potential for a sizeable number to turn up with out tickets is there. Kildare were asked to nominate an alternative venue, as Cavan did with Brewster Park but like the spoilt brat refused to do so. Irrespective of TV rights county teams would be nowhere without the fans and the GAA is right to try and ensure as many as possible see the game. If Kildare had drawn Clare there wouldn't have been an issue but Mayo travel in numbers. at this stage of the qualifiers I don't think the luck of the draw should determine where a game is played, in my opinion. Any GAA player should feel privileged to get to play in Croke Park and as top billing as well in front of Tyrone/Cavan!

No . . . that is all bullshit!

This sentiment of "ah sure the lads love a day out in Croke Park" is bullshit. Kildare have played in Croke Park plenty of times. Research has shown that playing a match at home is worth a 4 point advantage to the home team. #

With the professionalism going on in todays game why would you be looking for the extra 5% from your diet/S&C/tactics etc. only to throw away a genuine advantage to your team when presented just because you get a day out in Croke Park?

Kildare have to hold firm and the GAA need to come up with solution. There is no god given right that Mayo fans are allowed tickets to the game if the capacity doesn't allow it!

mup

Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2018, 09:42:38 AM

Did Seanie take your place on that hurling team?

Rossfan

We've now reached page 60 and we're nearly all still in group think that Kildare is right and the GAA ( and Mayo with some )is wrong.
Why didn't KCB fight their case with the 4Cs/HQ on Monday morning after they were asked to nominate amother venue?
Instead it appears they refused to engage and then went into the public domain and painted themselves into a corner from which there's no retreat?
Not much leadership or negotiation  skills there.
As it stands they're going to refuse to fulfil an official fixture, get thrown out of the competition then presumably start a long drawn out appeals process and fûck up the Summer for 11 other Counties and their supporters and of course all the club players in those Counties.

All because they have a dump of a County ground.

I expect loads of abuse for this post

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

If Mayo are given a walkover, I presume it will be too late to stop the other Round 3 games going ahead but I'm guessing Kildare could look for an injunction to stop the Round 4 games going ahead.
I wonder if HQ are banking on public sentiment turning against Kildare if they are seen to be delaying/disrupting the rest of the championship, in which case everyone needs to be very vocal in their support.
This is the most positive I have ever been about the county & people of Kildare.
Don't make me regret this, flourbags.

straightred

In case you missed it I'll remind you that there is no entitlement to getting a ticket for a match and just because Mayo have lots of fans doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Furthermore even if you have a season ticket it STILL doesn't automatically entitle you to a ticket. Here is section 42 of the current season ticket Ts&Cs
"In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture"

Capacity in Newbridge is a red herring.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 09:59:39 AM
We've now reached page 60 and we're nearly all still in group think that Kildare is right and the GAA ( and Mayo with some )is wrong.
Why didn't KCB fight their case with the 4Cs/HQ on Monday morning after they were asked to nominate amother venue?
Instead it appears they refused to engage and then went into the public domain and painted themselves into a corner from which there's no retreat?
As it stands they're going to refuse to fulfil an official fixture, get thrown out of the competition then presumably start a long drawn out appeals process and fûck up the Summer for 11 other Counties and their supporters and of course all the club players in those Counties.

Why would you get abuse for not understanding the rules? Kildare have broken no rules, the GAA are the ones who have. It's not rocket science. It's quite black and white really.
#newbridgeornowhere

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2018, 09:48:14 AM

No . . . that is all bullshit!

This sentiment of "ah sure the lads love a day out in Croke Park" is bullshit. Kildare have played in Croke Park plenty of times. Research has shown that playing a match at home is worth a 4 point advantage to the home team. #

With the professionalism going on in todays game why would you be looking for the extra 5% from your diet/S&C/tactics etc. only to throw away a genuine advantage to your team when presented just because you get a day out in Croke Park?

Kildare have to hold firm and the GAA need to come up with solution. There is no god given right that Mayo fans are allowed tickets to the game if the capacity doesn't allow it!
Nice argument...bullshit! Of course fans are important and not just Mayo fans, all fans and they spend money travelling, on season tickets, Supporters Clubs etc and deserve the chance to be there. The GAA is bigger than county players on that I'm sure we can all agree.

Jinxy

Seán Moran: GAA correct not to respond to Kildare ultimatum

The one imperative in the whole sorry episode from Croke Park's perspective is that they can't have a county wantonly refusing to abide by its directives in relation to fixtures. Setting such a precedent would lead to anarchy.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/se%C3%A1n-moran-gaa-correct-not-to-respond-to-kildare-ultimatum-1.3544935?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

???

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 09:59:39 AM

Nail on head.