Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:46:02 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2018, 03:40:04 PM
for the last 23 years they have been ubable to host a leinster championship game  and now they are moaning and bitching about having a ga me move .
there is only one bad guy here and that the Kildare Gaa family .
seeing as wel live in la la land it is easy to accuse Kildare of financial doping  by spending all their money on development and ignored theor facilities not to mention expensive imports like seanie Johnston.
knowing full well that all latge dames would be played in croke plark anyway , now its time to pay the piper

Just as well Mayo live within their means and don't go around the world scrounging and getting interest free loans for the worst €20m+ stadium in the world. Must have missed all whinging and moaning over the Limerick venue too, imagine whinging over a venue!!! And still no All-Ireland's for all their millions spent.  No wonder Dublin supporters laugh at bitter Mayo supporters.

Sorry to pull you up on one fact there Dinny but we managed to get a worse deal off Croke park (lower annual payments but higher interest to pay back overall) for our cathedral to architectural design stadium redvelopment!

Where was that stated?

Last years accounts, pretty standard I suppose, Coke Park are just acting like a bank, they took over the 5m loan Mayo Co Board had with Ulster bank and the deal was the period of the overall loan repayment period was extended which reduced the annual payments in reality for Mayo on the day to day running but acually Mayo will pay back more than they would have if they were able to stick to the original agreed term of the loan repayments. I would say this happens all the time in loan re-negotiations on long term debt when the bank is refusing a write down or write off. I have no problem with Croke PArk on this as it was our lot who fucked up the spending on the stand with an amazing 400,000 owed at one stage to the architects who were considering legal action!!!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:55:30 PM
for the last 23 years they have been ubable to host a leinster championship game  and now they are moaning and bitching about having a ga me move .
seeing as wel live in la la land it is easy to accuse Kildare of financial doping  by spending all their money on development and ignored theor facilities not to mention expensive imports like seanie Johnston.
knowing full well that all latge dames would be played in croke plark anyway , now its time to pay the piper

Just as well Mayo live within their means and don't go around the world scrounging and getting interest free loans for the worst €20m+ stadium in the world. Must have missed all whinging and moaning over the Limerick venue too, imagine whinging over a venue!!! And still no All-Ireland's for all their millions spent.  No wonder Dublin supporters laugh at bitter Mayo supporters.

Sorry to pull you up on one fact there Dinny but we managed to get a worse deal off Croke park (lower annual payments but higher interest to pay back overall) for our cathedral to architectural design stadium redvelopment!

Really! The whole Mayo GAA must be to blame there so. Must have missed all the RIAI awards McHale Park has received.

We got one for each pole in the roof supports!! ;D

Solo_run

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:58:57 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 25, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
Dinny is on one today

Not really. Kildare supporters aren't looking for sympathy but empathy. This could happen to any county so zero tolerance for WUMs, trolls, high horses or arsehole's today.

FTR majority of Mayo supporters going back to Barney's day's, Muppet etc may they rest in peace have always been sound, so don't mean to dog Mayo out.

While a lot might not agree, I do think if Newbridge cannot be used then Kildare should be allowed to choose a venue that is a reasonable alternative. This is still a qualifiers game and I don't see the point in Tyrone and Cavan being moved there.

joemamas

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 04:01:56 PM

Really! The whole Mayo GAA must be to blame there so. Must have missed all the RIAI awards McHale Park has received.

Second best GAA ground, behind only Croke Park

Bullshit, The pitch is shite and the stand is twice to big.

seafoid

Why is Newbridge still substandard? The crash was a decade ago
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

Quote from: Solo_run on June 25, 2018, 04:05:02 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:58:57 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 25, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
Dinny is on one today

Not really. Kildare supporters aren't looking for sympathy but empathy. This could happen to any county so zero tolerance for WUMs, trolls, high horses or arsehole's today.

FTR majority of Mayo supporters going back to Barney's day's, Muppet etc may they rest in peace have always been sound, so don't mean to dog Mayo out.

While a lot might not agree, I do think if Newbridge cannot be used then Kildare should be allowed to choose a venue that is a reasonable alternative. This is still a qualifiers game and I don't see the point in Tyrone and Cavan being moved there.

100% agree.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2018, 04:11:28 PM

It's not it's actually standard, I mean I was in Pearce Park Saturday and Dr Cullen Friday evening and not much worse than Parnell Park, better access in fact. H&S certified for 10K, remedial work has taken place the last couple of years. CP claim 20K want to attend, which is a magical made up number.

Planning permission applied for a new stand as well. Will be very nice provincial ground when complete, should hold 12K comfortably. Just won't have any Kildare supporters to fill it.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 03:52:45 PM

Where was that stated?

Last years accounts, pretty standard I suppose, Coke Park are just acting like a bank, they took over the 5m loan Mayo Co Board had with Ulster bank and the deal was the period of the overall loan repayment period was extended which reduced the annual payments in reality for Mayo on the day to day running but acually Mayo will pay back more than they would have if they were able to stick to the original agreed term of the loan repayments. I would say this happens all the time in loan re-negotiations on long term debt when the bank is refusing a write down or write off. I have no problem with Croke PArk on this as it was our lot who fucked up the spending on the stand with an amazing 400,000 owed at one stage to the architects who were considering legal action!!!

Had a look at the accounts and I can't see anything on the interest rate?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2018, 03:56:46 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 25, 2018, 03:51:09 PM

Why have you such a hard on for Mayo.
We didn't switch the venue.
Most travelling Mayo supporters would have preferred a packed Tullamore with a great atmosphere as opposed to a 1/3 full Croke park.

I know that, every group has a clown, Rosnaruin is your unfortunately.
Ah we have a few and then we're plagued with Funny **** and Syferus who follow us round like a bad smell

What did i say to upset you? please don't throw me into the same bracket as syferus as he is out on his own on here.

Rossfan

As some one said above Kildare should have been asked to nominate a different venue and Cavan likewise.
Tullamore and Clones well filled loads of atmosphere etc and no controversy.
25k max in Croke Park like a graveyard and a load of controversy  and disgruntledment etc etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: joemamas on June 25, 2018, 04:10:04 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 04:01:56 PM

Second best GAA ground, behind only Croke Park

Bullshit, The pitch is shite and the stand is twice to big.

What stadium is better? Was in Semple Stadium on Saturday and it's a kip
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 04:17:18 PM

It's not it's actually standard, I mean I was in Pearce Park Saturday and Dr Cullen Friday evening and not much worse than Parnell Park, better access in fact. H&S certified for 10K, remedial work has taken place the last couple of years. CP claim 20K want to attend, which is a magical made up number.

Planning permission applied for a new stand as well. Will be very nice provincial ground when complete, should hold 12K comfortably. Just won't have any Kildare supporters to fill it.

If it's certified to hold 10k then moving this match is nothing short of a disgrace, all Mayo season ticket holders can be taken care of, if that is the capacity. Are we going to see multiple instances of home Super 8 matches for certain counties moved to another venue in the years to come purely because of the crowd Dublin and Mayo bring outside of their season ticket holders? At the very least give Kildare their choice of neutral venue if it absolutely cannot be held in Newbridge.

Cavan have their own issue as to why they cannot use Breffni Park at the moment but I have a real problem with Kildare being forced to move in this instance, particularly to a venue not of thier choice. The only people this situation suits are SKY.

Wildweasel74

If the architect was owned 400,000k i have queries with the contract as a standard consultant fee these days us 1o-12% of the contract total@

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 25, 2018, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 04:17:18 PM

If it's certified to hold 10k then moving this match is nothing short of a disgrace, all Mayo season ticket holders can be taken care of, if that is the capacity. Are we going to see multiple instances of home Super 8 matches for certain counties moved to another venue in the years to come purely because of the crowd Dublin and Mayo bring outside of their season ticket holders? At the very least give Kildare their choice of neutral venue if it absolutely cannot be held in Newbridge.

Cavan have their own issue as to why they cannot use Breffni Park at the moment but I have a real problem with Kildare being forced to move in this instance, particularly to a venue not of thier choice. The only people this situation suits are SKY.
Hence the reason for the decision perhaps?

Dinny Breen

Reports coming out the Kildare County Board are to issue a statement refusing to play the game anywhere else other than Newbridge.

It's their only option, never seen so many Kildare supporters angry, it's the kind of anger normally reserved for Meath referees.

One way to galvanize a county.
#newbridgeornowhere