Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

A full strength Ballyfin are always a danger and constantly underestimated (myself included). I expect them to make quarter final.

Spiritof86

Agree with you but when Sean Moore is way on form like today it makes a huge difference. Finn scored a mighty point  during the middle of the second half that have Ballyfin some lift

Smellyball

They drew the 2 strongest teams in the county last year and made the semis the 2 years before that.
Reading the comments here I was surprised that nobody (until the last couple of comments) deemed them worthy of a mention.

Blow-in

Standard of referees in the senior football championship is shocking.

Robbo

Ballyfin will give balyroan plenty of it the next day. Can run the ball, can kick-pass, score fron distance and have a massive danger/threat in the full line. Could be the best match of the round.

Fair play to park. Better team today but I think dempseys will cut them apart. Need to setup tight and stay in the game. Just cant see anything but O'ds.

Rosenalis such a strange team can look brilliant and awful inbthe same 5 mins. Hard game to call against courtwood.

And everyone still writing off clonaslee. Give them a big chance.

Round 3 should be great in fairness.

Spiritof86

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 07, 2022, 08:53:08 PM
Standard of referees in the senior football championship is shocking.

Are you a Emo fan then ?

Laois Rising

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 06, 2022, 10:35:56 PM
I've been at all the senior football championship games over the past couple of weeks . I think we are in for a different kind of championship this year in the sense that it will be more open than in previous years . Portlaoise dominated for years but they are now pack with the pack . Portarlington were virtually unplayable the past two seasons but I've seen them in the league a few times this year and i seen them against Killeen and ODempseys recently. They are not at the level they were at the past two years . Port are still going to take beating but they are not altogether as strong . They are giving away easy scores and goal chances that they wouldn't of done last year or the year before . I know they are missing a few players but they don't look as strong or as fine tuned
I think we have 6 teams who can win the championship this year . Portarlington, Graiguecullen, St Joseph's, Portlaoise, ODempseys and Ballyroan Abbey. Not much between any of them at the moment .

Wouldn't it be great if we had an 8/10 team senior championship and we got two groups of four/five where we had three/four rounds of games with the top teams playing against even other on a regular basis. The O'D v Port game and Joes v Ballyroan A two examples of this. It would cut away so many meaningless games between mid/low ranked teams or where top side brushes aside low ranked team. Surely help bring on the standard of football in the county if the top championship sides having regular games against one another. 

Port have come back to the pack but I expect them to improve game on game. They are avoiding Joes, Portlaoise and Graigue in the quarters so they should have another game to bring them on before they face a true contender to their crown.

Ballybrittas Boy

It was good to see Park/Ratheniska win their second game. A club trying to do the right things at underage and certainly bringing through some good players. Just a pity they didn't draw Stradbally in Round 3! I expect O'Dempseys to be just a bit too much of a step up for them.

I also underestimated Ballyfin but I was fed a line during the week that they were going to be short a pile of lads - didn't see that. Emo will survive but a disappointing year for them.

Rosenallis made hard work of a really very poor but well organised Killeen team. They have scope for improvement and could be a close one with them and Courtwood.

Didn't see the Saturday games.

Spiritof86

Courtwood v Rosenallis - Draw
O'Dempsey's v Park-Ratheniska - ODempseys by 5
Ballyroan-Abbey v Ballyfin- Ballyroan by 2
Stradbally v Clonaslee-St Manman's - Clonaslee by 3

Ballylinan v Emo - Ballylinan by 5
Arles-Killeen v Killeshin - Kileen by 1

Helix.

Quote from: Spiritof86 on August 17, 2022, 04:04:09 PM
Courtwood v Rosenallis - Draw
O'Dempsey's v Park-Ratheniska - ODempseys by 5
Ballyroan-Abbey v Ballyfin- Ballyroan by 2
Stradbally v Clonaslee-St Manman's - Clonaslee by 3

Ballylinan v Emo - Ballylinan by 5
Arles-Killeen v Killeshin - Kileen by 1

Courtwood by 5 points
O'Dempseys by 8+ points
Ballyroan Abbey by 4 points
Stradbally by 3-4 points.

Arles Kileen and Emo to win in relegation play offs.

Robbo

In order of confidence:

O'Ds by 8
Emo by 4
Killeshin by 3
Clonaslee by 2

Rosenallis by 1

Ballyfin by 1

Spiritof86

Big call from Killeshin parting company with Christy Bolger and his backroom team the week of a relegation play off .  Cathal Brennan and Arnie Mahon now at the helm for Kileen match .

The PRO

Courtwood v Rosenallis - Courtwood by 2 or 3
O'Dempsey's v Park-Ratheniska - O'Dempsey's by 9
Ballyroan-Abbey v Ballyfin - Ballyfin by 1
Stradbally v Clonaslee-St Manman's - Stradbally by 4

Ballylinan v Emo - Emo by 6
Arles-Killeen v Killeshin - very hard to call - Killeshin in a replay?!!

town1980

Ballylinan by 3
O dempseys by 14 maybe more
Ballyroan by 8
Clonaslee by 4
Kileen by 5
Courtwood by 6

Smellyball

Courtwood, dempseys , ballyroan and stradbally win.
Emo and Killeen win, you heard it here first.