Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: mcwregor on August 12, 2022, 09:47:24 AM
Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on August 05, 2022, 01:08:20 PM
Quote from: mcwregor on August 05, 2022, 11:42:21 AM
Good to hear. Buglers tactics are more defensive than anything i have seen before, very hard to watch.
The whole process seems very slow compared with other counties that have changed manager but its worth delaying to get the best possible man for the job
spose its hard to get through all the fellas bateing our door down
[/Sheedy and O Shea going to take the offaly job. Was it so ludicrous of me suggesting them for the laois job now? I was laughed at by most on here for suggesting the same a few weeks ago.  I did question our ambition in who we could go for, nothing wrong with Offalys ambition. Please spare me of any comments on Shane Lowrys bank account in relation to Sheedy's pending appointment. I read enough rubbish on social media.]

Sheedy has looked for a 15 man plus backroom team to be put in place if he's to take the Offaly Job among a number of other criteria which he will want met as well.

I'm all ears as to how laois would fund this

Spiritof86

Good to hear. Buglers tactics are more defensive than anything i have seen before, very hard to watch.
The whole process seems very slow compared with other counties that have changed manager but its worth delaying to get the best possible man for the job
[/Sheedy and O Shea going to take the offaly job. Was it so ludicrous of me suggesting them for the laois job now? I was laughed at by most on here for suggesting the same a few weeks ago.  I did question our ambition in who we could go for, nothing wrong with Offalys ambition. Please spare me of any comments on Shane Lowrys bank account in relation to Sheedy's pending appointment. I read enough rubbish on social media.]

That's exactly how Offaly are able to appoint Sheedy and his entourage. Without Lowrys backing and funding this wouldn't be happening . The dog on the street knows this .

georgedoylesrightleg

lowry backin the entire thing. lets see if it gets over the line too. sheedy fresh from monaghan, not a mercenary, no siree.

Zooming around

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on August 12, 2022, 10:38:29 AM
lowry backin the entire thing. lets see if it gets over the line too. sheedy fresh from monaghan, not a mercenary, no siree.

He couldn't do his own county due to work commitments but yet can travel the length and breadth of the country to train other counties.

LaoisAbu20

Quote from: clonadmad on August 12, 2022, 10:02:26 AM

Sheedy has looked for a 15 man plus backroom team to be put in place if he's to take the Offaly Job among a number of other criteria which he will want met as well.

Some coup for Offaly, no doubt the funding available enticed Sheedy to the role.

I think that Laois Co Board needs to reconsider the funding model that we currently employ. Separate sponsorship for the hurlers via larger multinationals such as Greenfield Global, BNL sciences, or ALS could potentially improve the funding situation. It's definitely worth a shot at reaching out to these groups.

Also, we are so close in proximity to Carlow IT, which has a great strength and conditioning program, and nutrition and sports psychology programs. The county board should be actively working with their master's and Ph.D. students to get reliable strength and conditioning programs and nutrition programs at a reduced price. Other hurling counties are already taking advantage of universities and ITs to build their strength and conditioning programs. The same goes for stat analysis.

I hope we sign off on a new manager soon and have a decent backroom team with actual knowledge of the hurlers available. 

Zooming around

Quote from: LaoisAbu20 on August 12, 2022, 01:29:55 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on August 12, 2022, 10:02:26 AM

Also, we are so close in proximity to Carlow IT, which has a great strength and conditioning program, and nutrition and sports psychology programs. The county board should be actively working with their master's and Ph.D. students to get reliable strength and conditioning programs and nutrition programs at a reduced price. Other hurling counties are already taking advantage of universities and ITs to build their strength and conditioning programs. The same goes for stat analysis.

Do we not already have full time staff dedicated to this area without having to go anywhere near Carlow?

Laois man

Quick question. Do the turn stiles in the centre of  excellence be opened for senior Cship games?

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on August 12, 2022, 01:36:11 PM
Quick question. Do the turn stiles in the centre of  excellence be opened for senior Cship games?
no

Laois man

Giovanni

ard to get through all the fellas bateing our door down

No it wasn't ludicrous. Sure, it takes money to get a proper team in place but it's a two way thing - people will put the money in when they believe the ambition is there. The players will buy into it too. Obviously, a failing brand is far less attractive for everyone.

SpeculativeEffort

Two full months have passed since Cheddar has resigned. Are we any closer to a replacement? Was cheddar asked to take up any other role within Laois hurling?
There seems to be apathy with Laois co board.

Helix.

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on August 13, 2022, 02:07:56 PM
Two full months have passed since Cheddar has resigned. Are we any closer to a replacement? Was cheddar asked to take up any other role within Laois hurling?
There seems to be apathy with Laois co board.

Interviews next week I think and I heard bugler going with Davy to Waterford. I think 3 candidates being interviewed I'd say will become more clear next week. Again open to correction on this.

town1980

You won't get the answer on Laois today you have to pay for it we may go to the Leinster again 🤪😂

Laois man

Interviews next week and Cheeder gone nearly 3 months??

town1980

Tolaya a hidden secret on Laois today 😂😂😂😂😂tooo dear but they have no clue on hurling 🤪😂👍