Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Wouldn't expect anyone like Davy Fitz etc to be in contention .
Mark Landers  , Brian Whelahan , David Herity and Dan Shanahan have been some of the names nominated by clubs apparently.

Laois man

Brian Whelahan? Great player but record as manager is shocking do clubs look at this or just go for names?

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof86 on July 09, 2022, 11:34:20 AM
Mark Landers  , Brian Whelahan , David Herity and Dan Shanahan have been some of the names nominated by clubs apparently.

Herity the only one there worthy of consideration

The rest

No thanks

clonadmad

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on July 09, 2022, 10:41:32 PM
Quote from: Spiritof86 on July 09, 2022, 11:34:20 AM
Landers 😂

Which Club nominated Landers

😂😂😂

mcwregor

Can the clubs be collectively trusted to nominate the right candidates. Some of the lads mentioned there wouldn't train a dog.
Better off they selected a committee to do it similar to the last few times. Can the Co Board be trusted to pick the right candidate from the clubs selection?
Id prefer to get someone with some level of County management experience. Going for a big name former player with no experience would be a disaster.

Keyser Söze

Surely asking the clubs for to nominate is just optics? Can't imagine it will be taken seriously.
It'd be like an AGM where everyone is proposed & seconded and then you move on to the next person!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Spiritof86

These nominations are just going through the motion scenarios . Unlikely many of them would be serious contenders .
Gleeson up in Antrim hasn't confirmed whether he's staying on or not . Mightn't be the worst shout . Another guy I'd like is James O'Conner the ex Ballyhale manager who is with Midelton this year . 

Helix.

Quote from: Spiritof86 on July 11, 2022, 08:40:02 PM
These nominations are just going through the motion scenarios . Unlikely many of them would be serious contenders .
Gleeson up in Antrim hasn't confirmed whether he's staying on or not . Mightn't be the worst shout . Another guy I'd like is James O'Conner the ex Ballyhale manager who is with Midelton this year . 

Colm Bonnar getting the bullet with Tipperary last night. Wondering will that be a name that will come up with Laois if no standout names emerge?

Spiritof86

Very surprised with that . Hasn't been given a chance there at all .

Keyser Söze

Wouldn't have rated him hugely.
Got given out to here before for describing him as a bit of a journeyman....
But
If we were ever to give him the job now would be a great time!
Experienced working at our level and a serious point to prove!

Very few GAA managers get sacked, he joins a very short list!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix.

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 14, 2022, 03:32:09 PM
Wouldn't have rated him hugely.
Got given out to here before for describing him as a bit of a journeyman....
But
If we were ever to give him the job now would be a great time!
Experienced working at our level and a serious point to prove!

Very few GAA managers get sacked, he joins a very short list!

From seeing some threads  in Tipp today the training standard in higher level clubs in Tipp were a better standard to inter county training. Easy to be the scapegoat in a transition as well and Bonnar gets the bullet.

Anyways hopefully  Laois will have someone organised within next month but have my reservations.

Need to bounce back up straight in 2023

redsetanta

I read on a Waterford thread it will be Cahill to Tipp and McGrath back to Waterford.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

marty34

Quote from: redsetanta on July 15, 2022, 10:38:21 AM
I read on a Waterford thread it will be Cahill to Tipp and McGrath back to Waterford.

Just like a trade off and everybody's happy!

Laois man

Liam Cahill gone from waterford I see would be a great choice for laois manager but one thinks he's heading into the Tipp job..

Spiritof86

Sign , sealed and delivered by all accounts.