The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbar o tool

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 28, 2016, 10:53:10 PM
Quote from: finbar o tool on September 28, 2016, 09:13:00 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 28, 2016, 07:17:51 PM
Quote from: finbar o tool on September 28, 2016, 02:16:08 PM
In fact dont bother, thanks for highlighting the obvious, i didnt want Cheddar to continue as senior hurling manager. But whatever he looked for from the county board would have only been for the good of Laois hurling, we all know enough about the man to know that. But the county board didnt want to know about it obviously. Id love to know the details.

Have you any other solutions other than the "Bang the door of Croke Park down"?

Yes, have a read back through the thread. Have you??
It just does my head in that there is such an unfair allocation of funding from the GAA and no one questions it. Smaller counties are second class citizens in the GAA world and its simply not right and not good enough. And at the end of the day, we all know this amateur sport is being driven by money.
We need more full time coaching development officers, going to clubs and going to schools. Going to other counties like Kilkeny or clare or waterford etc to see what structures are in place. We need to be pushing ahead trying to encourage and support more people to get involved in coaching, we need better facilities and equipment at every club. And a lot of this of course, costs money!! And i personally cant go and get it or set up better structures and support networks, but the county board can at least try! Highlighting their failures on here in the hope more people think the same and at county board meetings or club meetings that this is requested. Ask them what are they doing about any of the above? Or is there any plan to do anything? I want the best for Laois hurling, same as anyone else here. Just trying to work out how we can get it. But unfortunately we DO need money, and we aint gona get it unless we go looking and fighting for it. Were going no where fast at the moment.

So its more money, more coaches, better facilities, more equipment?
Structures and support networks are nice buzz words- very general though.

For someone who was so keen to see the back of Mr. Plunkett I'd have thought there was something more concrete going to come.

Here Keyser, less of the stupid bullshit digs and more sensible comments that actually contribute, stop making a fool of yourself!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Don Draper

In fact dont bother, thanks for highlighting the obvious, i didnt want Cheddar to continue as senior hurling manager. But whatever he looked for from the county board would have only been for the good of Laois hurling, we all know enough about the man to know that. But the county board didnt want to know about it obviously. Id love to know the details.

It just does my head in that there is such an unfair allocation of funding from the GAA and no one questions it. Smaller counties are second class citizens in the GAA world and its simply not right and not good enough. And at the end of the day, we all know this amateur sport is being driven by money.
We need more full time coaching development officers, going to clubs and going to schools. Going to other counties like Kilkeny or clare or waterford etc to see what structures are in place. We need to be pushing ahead trying to encourage and support more people to get involved in coaching, we need better facilities and equipment at every club. And a lot of this of course, costs money!! And i personally cant go and get it or set up better structures and support networks, but the county board can at least try! Highlighting their failures on here in the hope more people think the same and at county board meetings or club meetings that this is requested. Ask them what are they doing about any of the above? Or is there any plan to do anything? I want the best for Laois hurling, same as anyone else here. Just trying to work out how we can get it. But unfortunately we DO need money, and we aint gona get it unless we go looking and fighting for it. Were going no where fast at the moment.
So no other solutions then.

finbar o tool

And Don you can jog on back to the football threads, maybe someone there finds you as hilarious as you find yourself! 

clonadmad

Tipp have 4 GDO's,1 for each division,so it's not just about throwing money at the problem,it's much more nuanced than that.

How many national schools here would run lunchtime or after school leagues and that's just 1 example where the approach in Tipperary or Kilkenny is radically different from that of here.

People here laud cheddar and Critchley for the hurling work they do,go into any club in Tipp or KK and there's a cheddar or Critchley in situ in each club.

Even a simple thing as juvenile pitch's aren't  up to scratch here,compare them again to what's available in KK or Tipp and don't come whining about grants or croke park,most of them were put in on the backs of their members.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 28, 2016, 11:00:34 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 28, 2016, 10:53:10 PM

So its more money, more coaches, better facilities, more equipment?
Structures and support networks are nice buzz words- very general though.

For someone who was so keen to see the back of Mr. Plunkett I'd have thought there was something more concrete going to come.

Here Keyser, less of the stupid bullshit digs and more sensible comments that actually contribute, stop making a fool of yourself!

No digs at all. All facts. Stevie Wonder can see that we need the stuff you suggested above. There is nothing intelligent or remarkable about it. Every club and county in the country would say they wanted that list.
The crux of it is that you wanted Cheddar gone. You were clear about that. That's your choice. Now that it's happened what do you suggest?
Nothing as far as I can see. It reminds me a little of the Brexit campaigners.

"Making a fool of yourself".....ye.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

finbar o tool

Keyser im not trying to sound "intelligent or remarkable"! Just offering an opinion, part of the discussion of whats wrong and how we can fix it! Which is a hell of a lot more than you're doing! You keep having a go at what people are saying yet you contribute f**k all!! I dont have all the answers, never claimed to! Its a f**king discussion! If even Stevie Wonder can see whats needed then why isnt being tackled?!
And clonadmad is right, its not all about money, but i think its a fair chunk of it! KK and Tipp have had great success at almost every level for a while now, its that bit easier to get volunteers and sponsors in counties like that. Laois needs a push and it needs help.
I agree with Mermans take on it that we need a kind of package deal with a few good coaches for the senior job, and i would agree with most of the names he mentioned too. 

What do YOU think Keyser?!

Keyser Söze

Jesus Christ.

There is no blank cheque on the way from Croke Park. Can you please accept that. How many different posters here have to spell that out for you?

So basically now we have gotten to the end of your ideas and they are as follows;
1) More Money
2) More Coaches
3) Whatever Merman says.

Yes you are really contributing.

The issue I have is that you spent the last year/year and a half SHOUTING for Cheddar to go- and now that it has happened- you have absolutely nothing to suggest of your own thinking.

My first solution would have been to back Cheddar's proposal to the CB. I believe that it is a decision we will live to regret.
Now that it hasn't happened the only solution I see is for Arien Delaney to get the job (Please read back to find this). Nobody else within Laois has proved themselves anywhere near capable. Nobody of sufficient calibre outside of Laois will want the job. They are the facts Mr. O' Tool. You should be careful what you wish for.

Maybe we should go banging Croke Park's door down asking them to pay Davy €200k to manage us.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

finbar o tool

;D you're still making a fool of yourself, and still contributing nothing! I never mentioned a blank cheque!??
I said i agree with most of the names Merman mentioned, i wouldnt go with Arien Delaney though, dont think hes our man! Hes not even liked in Camross! I agree with a lot of what Merman has to say because he talks sense a lot!
Careful what you wish for?! Get a life will ya! Also, no one outside the county wants the job? Thats not a fact thats your opinion! Do you happen to know what his proposal was? Sounds like you do? Although, as ive mentioned already, im sure that it was for the benefit of Laois hurling. Im with Cheddar on a lot of things, he spouts on more about extra funding from croke park more than i do!! I just dont want him as senior hurling manager! I hated his tactics. Another opinion! I just want a good hurling coach or coaches, who want to play hurling, continue the pro set up cheddar brought in, train to a high standard, encourage the players to express themselves on the field, and have a go, rather than sit back and defend and shoot from 50/60 yards! That was depressing and it didnt work! Oh yea it did one day against Offaly sorry.
Now bore off and annoy someone else!  ::)

Ballyroan Abbey

Is the reason arien delaney is disliked down to the fact he is origionally a kyle man, im not taking the piss its just ive found camross to be a fierce tribal place

HURLING1

You're  having a laugh Finnbar if you think Arien Delaney is not liked in Camross. Up there they don't play politics with their hurling and Arien always got the  best from their players and I can assure you he is well liked for that

HURLING1

As for being fierce tribal Ballyroan, Camross and Kyle  have played together underage since time began.

finbar o tool

Quote from: HURLING1 on September 29, 2016, 10:09:31 AM
You're  having a laugh Finnbar if you think Arien Delaney is not liked in Camross. Up there they don't play politics with their hurling and Arien always got the  best from their players and I can assure you he is well liked for that

Just going on what a few Camross people have told me!

Tony

Who is this Finabr O Tool idiot.

People like you are exactly why we needed moderators on laoistalk.com and why it was eventually removed.

Calm yourself down there. Toys back in the pram. Good lad.

finbar o tool

Thanks for your input Tony! Valuable contribution!  ;)

Tony

Yeah. Your posts read like an spoilt 12-year-old who has just found the internet for the first time with a laptop that his mother gave him for his birthday. Much appreciated that you've taken that advice on board. Cheers.