The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Quote from: clonadmad on July 22, 2022, 03:15:25 PM
Lads on here seem to missing the point completely looking for a name to manage

The first thing the name will do when interviewed will have a list of what he wants and a budget to go with it

Tipperary spent €1.5m winning an all ireland in 19 under Sheedy with a backroom team of 29 and that was just what appeared in their county board accounts,it didn't include donations from outside the county board

Davy normally needs a second bus for his backroom team

Laois doesn't have the access to this level of funds and even if it did,the likes of a Davy would bleed the  juvenile development budgets in a county white to fund the senior operation

In a nutshell .

Laois man

We need a manager with Laois at heart and get the best players in Laois on board. The last few years with not even a laois selector on board was crazy. Remember all them outside selectors were being paid. With everyone on board we are fit to win the Joe Mcdonagh again.

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on July 22, 2022, 10:15:43 PM
We need a manager with Laois at heart and get the best players in Laois on board. The last few years with not even a laois selector on board was crazy. Remember all them outside selectors were being paid. With everyone on board we are fit to win the Joe Mcdonagh again.
spare a thought for what Chedd put into that set up himself

Laois man

Agree 100%. But had we all the best players on board.

clonadmad

Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Helix.

Quote from: clonadmad on July 23, 2022, 12:29:30 PM
Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Best of luck to Laffan. A great opportunity in his native county and has done well with Clough Ballacolla.

Brian Cody gone from Kilkenny. Mickey Harte went to Louth when he finished with Tyrone so why not try a punt on asking Cody. It is crazy to suggest, and for some hilarious, but don't ask don't get.

blasmere

Quote from: Helix. on July 23, 2022, 02:54:25 PM
Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Best of luck to Laffan. A great opportunity in his native county and has done well with Clough Ballacolla.
Brian Cody gone from Kilkenny. Mickey Harte went to Louth when finished with Tyrone so why not try a punt on Cody. It is crazy to suggest but don't ask don't get.
I don't think Harte left of his own volition. Cody will have done. I doubt he'd consider managing any other county.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Helix.

Quote from: blasmere on July 23, 2022, 03:07:17 PM
Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Brian Cody gone from Kilkenny. Mickey Harte went to Louth when finished with Tyrone so why not try a punt on Cody. It is crazy to suggest but don't ask don't get.
I don't think Harte left of his own volition. Cody will have done. I doubt he'd consider managing any other county.

After the handshake fiascos with Henry I think he lost a few friends too. I believe a change of chairman in Kilkenny is on the way soon loyal support and probably right time to go. One thing for sure the best to ever manage in the game and his record will stand the test of time.

I agree whether he'd consider managing another county never mind Laois. Again, don't ask, don't get.

Kidder81

Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Brian Cody gone from Kilkenny. Mickey Harte went to Louth when he finished with Tyrone so why not try a punt on asking Cody. It is crazy to suggest but don't ask don't get.

Mickey Harte went to Louth due to the money on offer

Robbo

Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Laughable that the Borris lads wouldn't want him as an option.

Tommy Dunne seems to be the main man.

Hilarious that anyone would think Cody would even consider us.

Helix.

Quote from: Robbo on July 23, 2022, 11:12:38 PM
Laffan off the market

Tipp selector

Laughable that the Borris lads wouldn't want him as an option.

Tommy Dunne seems to be the main man.

Hilarious that anyone would think Cody would even consider us.

Tommy would be a great addition to get. Time will tell of course. Can't be stressed enough how crucial next appointment is to Laois Hurling.

Keyser Söze

Anybody who knows what a hurl is should surely know that the chances of Brian Cody ever being involved with a team other than The Village or Kilkenny are non existent.

Tommy Dunne would be a fabulous appointment. I'd caution this by saying that the Dublin or Waterford jobs would be his if he wanted them. So I'd be surprised if we managed to snap him up.

Ryan O Dwyer's name seems to be very much out there as having a strong chance.
I assume M Dempsey wouldn't do it- god he'd be a fantastic option.

Arien, Eamon or Tommy Fitz (or more than one of them) must be involved.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois man

Any updates on our senior hurling and fball managers yet? Would be good to have them in place while the Cship is going on.

Robbo

Quote from: Laois man on July 25, 2022, 12:20:36 PM
Any updates on our senior hurling and fball managers yet? Would be good to have them in place while the Cship is going on.

Billy Sheehan was at the football matches yesterday. Think he's staying on

Spiritof86

Sheehan is staying on . Back room team to be re-jigged apparently.