GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: lob her in lad on July 06, 2009, 09:31:58 AM
was at the games yesterday and playing in the first, you are right in what you say about the starters but Sean said to me at the end of the game that they wanted to try something new so thats why they went with that first 15 so chances are it might be a different starting 15 in the final. Yorkshire were up for it yesterday, they seemed to have a bit of hunger about them. Would I be right in guessing they played a few practice matches together?? We didn't underestimate Yorkshire going into the game we have a very healthy respect for the Yorkshire team and yesterday just proved that there wasn't much between us. 6 points in the end was a bit flattering to us as it was a bit tighter than that. The ref has to be commended on a great game. It is the first time in a long time I have played a game over here and come away saying that.
The London V Scotland game was a good tight contest with Scotland getting the better of the ball throughout the game but a number of errors allowed London to keep up with them and a controversial point at the end sealed the win for London. If I am honest it's London I would prefer to be facing next weekend because the Scottish team were well oiled and disciplined and they all knew what the other players were doing, it helps that they are all from the same club I suppose. The London number 7 looked dangerous on the run but in fairness his end ball was brutal and always resulted in a turnover so if we just let him run into corners next week it should be grand.
So the game next weekend should be interesting any ideas on how it's going to go. Will London be getting in more lads for this match or will they be sticking with the same squad??

Who was the Ref?

lob her in lad

The ref for our game was some lad from London I couldn't tell you his name. I would be very happy to have him again on Sunday. Maybe somebody from London could fill us in?? The ref for the Scotland v London game was Paul Tolan from Lawrences. Not the worst ref in the world by Lancashire standards.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

lob her in lad

Anybody got any predictions for the matches tonight,

Oisins v Lawrences.

Will be tight one here. We haven't won in a while so need the win. We are missing a few of our regulars so it could go either way. I'll go for Oisins by 5. (you couldn't predict against yourself could ya??)

Brendans v Mitchels.

Only a fool would go for anything less than a JM win. But the score all depends on what travels across from Liverpool for the game. I'll go for JM by 10.

Annes V Peters.

If Annes even field I will be surprised. Lets say there is a game I will go for Peters by 6. Could be more but i'll stick with 6.

I could be a million miles off on the predictions but I doubt it. Tightest game of the night will be ourselves v Lawences.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

carnaross

St. Benedicts Harps in Leeds beat Hugh O'Neill's 1-11 to 1-08 last night at Beeston in a Junior League game. They now go into the League final against John F. Kennedy's. A couple of other finals coming up in Yorkshire are the under 21's at Scott Hall Rd on Sunday July 19 and on Saturday July 25, the same two clubs compete in the Junior League championship.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

inisceithleann

Quote from: lob her in lad on July 09, 2009, 02:24:26 PM
Anybody got any predictions for the matches tonight,

Oisins v Lawrences.

Will be tight one here. We haven't won in a while so need the win. We are missing a few of our regulars so it could go either way. I'll go for Oisins by 5. (you couldn't predict against yourself could ya??)

Brendans v Mitchels.

Only a fool would go for anything less than a JM win. But the score all depends on what travels across from Liverpool for the game. I'll go for JM by 10.

Annes V Peters.

If Annes even field I will be surprised. Lets say there is a game I will go for Peters by 6. Could be more but i'll stick with 6.

I could be a million miles off on the predictions but I doubt it. Tightest game of the night will be ourselves v Lawences.

Was there a mix up with the fixtures tonight? Our game against St. Anne's and Mitchel's against St. Brendan's are both off.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

Lancashire were beaten by 2 points in the All-Britain final this afternoon against London.

BennyHarp

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 12, 2009, 04:31:08 PM
Lancashire were beaten by 2 points in the All-Britain final this afternoon against London.

Really? Thats a bit of a surprise - though to be fair i wasnt particularly impressed with them against yorkshire last weekend but i thought they would have come on for the having the game! Maybe london's extra couple of games in the back door stood to them in the end! Fair play to them!
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

So it's Ros Juniors v London on 8th August presumably in Hyde Pk.
By the way I saw an excellent display of football from the Warwickshire U12s in Croke Pk yesterday at h/time in the Leinster Final. A credit to all involved and keep up the good work.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laceer

Results in Lancashire tonight lads?

Oisins beat Brendans

southdown

Mitchels beat Peters well on Thursday night and St Annes today in terrible conditions.

Oisins and Peters drew today, again in terrible conditions.

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on July 19, 2009, 08:01:03 PM
Mitchels beat Peters well on Thursday night and St Annes today in terrible conditions.

Oisins and Peters drew today, again in terrible conditions.

Old Bedians looked more like a swimming pool than a football pitch at the end of todays game. The referee could easily have abandoned it in the second half. Peter's were 5 points up within the first 15 minutes, and then the heavens opened. It was impossible to play football, but fair play to both teams for sticking at it. A draw was a fair result. Mitchel's again look like they're a class above most other teams. Another easy win today with a lot of their regular players missing.

Brendans abu

We got beat by Lawrences yesterday, still bemused how we failed to win. We were 4 points clear at half time, dominated the first half and should have been 7 or 8 points clear.

Unfortunately for us than the rain started and the referee decided to give Lawrences free after free, he was not helped by the diving of Lawrences star forward. Never had any problems with the ref before, always been very fair but yesterday's performance was shocking.

inisceithleann

Quote from: Brendans abu on July 20, 2009, 12:33:14 PM
We got beat by Lawrences yesterday, still bemused how we failed to win. We were 4 points clear at half time, dominated the first half and should have been 7 or 8 points clear.

Unfortunately for us than the rain started and the referee decided to give Lawrences free after free, he was not helped by the diving of Lawrences star forward. Never had any problems with the ref before, always been very fair but yesterday's performance was shocking.

In fairness to the refs at all the games yesterday, the conditions made it very difficult for them. It looks like the top 4 now will be 4 semi-finalists unless theres a few surprise results. No-one will want to end up fourth either as they'll end up meeting John Mitchels.

GaelicGames.In

Hi there,
Sorry to message you out of the blue. I'm trying to put together a list of all the recent London footballers and their clubs. I've done the same for about 25 counties but am probably going to struggle with London

Could you help by adding in the first names and the clubs? Apologies to all those in Yorks,Lancs, Scotland, Herts, Warwickshire for clogging this board up.

E   Brown
N   Jordan
T   O'Donovan
M   Mooney
G   McGovern
K   Waldron
C   McHugh
M   Gillespie
N   Quinn
A   Dillane
S   Lynch
C   Foody
C   Finnerty
T   Murphy
S   Sheehan
V   Murphy
P   McDonagh
D   Treanor
F   Greenan
J   Carmody
C   Heaney
K   McCarthy
C   Byrne
N   Barry
K   Scanlon
B   Shorthall
R   Quinn
M   Donaghy
D   Cannon
P   Muldoon
P   Coggins
J   Grimes
K   Jackman
S   Walls
K   Geraghty
O   Fitzgerald
J   Niblock
D   Slattery
E   O'Reilly
D   Holland
J   Ryan
C   Kissane
C   Costello
S   Hehir
G   Kane
N   Horgan
L   O'Connell
G   O'Brien
G   Crawford
P   Connolly
H   Cunningham
P   McConigley
C   McCarthy
P   Hehir
JP   O'Donnell
C   Browne
J   Kinahan
S   Murphy
Fergus   McMahon
B   Egan
B   McDonagh
P   Quinn
S   Byrnes
N   Kane
G   Weldon
M   Drea
C   Scanlon
JP   Breslin
C   Harrison
P   Lynott
P   O'Donoghue
F   Hoban
G   McEvoy
D   McKenna
A   McLernon
S   Doran
D   Kinneavey
M   Lillis
T   Ó hÁilpin
P   Callaghan
R   Walsh
J   Quinn
E   Brennan
B   Solan
S   McInerney
F   Cunningham
D   McGeehan
V   O'Sullivan
P   Morgan
P   Quirke
D   O'Connor
A   Brett
M   Murtagh
J   Rafter
M   Harding
P   O'Dowd
J   McKevitt
J   Coffey
Brian   McBrearty
P   Earley
S   Curran
N   Clinton
E   Sweeney
JP   Boyle
A   Gallagher
W   O'Sullivan
M   Gill
C   Fuller
D   Meehan
J   Murphy
E   Byrne
C   Beirne
S   McKenzie-Smith
P   McDermott
S   Boyle
Shaun   Campbell
E   O'Connor
D   O'Brien
M   Mulholland
D   Gallagher
F   Cleary
M   Kennedy
D   Byrnes
C   Donnellan
A   Shanaghy
B   Comer
N   Spain
P   Fagan
D   Moriarty
J   Callery
M   McNulty
Eamon   O'Cuiv
B   Casey
G   Flanagan
B   O'Mahoney
S   Maguire
C   Moroney
Thomas   Moriarty
D   O'Sullivan
M   Keane
T   Pierce
Thomas   Moriarty
M   Hughes
R   Morgan
A   Raftery
O   Henry
Paul   Geraghty
G   O'Hare
H   Murphy
E   Henry
A   Hayes
Padraig   Duffy
Peader   Friel
O   Coffey
Donal   Conlon
Paul   Malone
C   Eastwood
Adrian   Casey
J   Cott
B   Quinn
A   Murray
D   Hogan
Kieran   McBreen
E   Gallagher
Diarmuid   Keating
John   Hughes
D   McBride
Ferdinand   Coyne
Killian   Phair

umgolaarmagh

Quote from: GaelicGames.In on July 20, 2009, 10:41:04 PM
Hi there,
Sorry to message you out of the blue. I'm trying to put together a list of all the recent London footballers and their clubs. I've done the same for about 25 counties but am probably going to struggle with London

Could you help by adding in the first names and the clubs? Apologies to all those in Yorks,Lancs, Scotland, Herts, Warwickshire for clogging this board up.

E   Brown
N   Jordan
T   O'Donovan
M   Mooney
G   McGovern
K   Waldron
C   McHugh
M   Gillespie
N   Quinn
A   Dillane
S   Lynch   neasden
C   Foody