GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: maddog on October 27, 2008, 09:55:34 AM
Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 26, 2008, 06:46:04 PM
Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 20, 2008, 10:19:57 PM
Warwickshire hurling final takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm after the customary co board balls up of changng the times 2 or 3 times. County Champions John Mitchel's take on Fullen Gaels in what is expected to be a close run final.
[John Mitchels 2-9 Fullen Gaels 2-6. We mugged them with 1-1 in injury time. Club Championship Final next sunday in Birmingham v Thomas McCurtains at 2 o'clock]

Mitchells struggled through this one, normally you can expect Lyons and Healy down the middle to carry the team through but both were quiet by their own standards. Fullen Gaels will be gutted but its never over until the final whistle and Mitchells proved that. I'd say they will come on in leaps and bounds now that they have had a good hard game under the belt. Big improvement required to stay in the competition.

Mitchel's won the club championship 2-10 to 3-6 Great start from Mitchel's leading 1-8 to 0-1 at half time with a strong wind. Struggled in the 2nd half with a late Mark Lyons point winning it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on November 02, 2008, 08:01:42 PM
Warwickshire hurling final takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm after the customary co board balls up of changng the times 2 or 3 times. County Champions John Mitchel's take on Fullen Gaels in what is expected to be a close run final.
[John Mitchels 2-9 Fullen Gaels 2-6. We mugged them with 1-1 in injury time. Club Championship Final next sunday in Birmingham v Thomas McCurtains at 2 o'clock]

Mitchells struggled through this one, normally you can expect Lyons and Healy down the middle to carry the team through but both were quiet by their own standards. Fullen Gaels will be gutted but its never over until the final whistle and Mitchells proved that. I'd say they will come on in leaps and bounds now that they have had a good hard game under the belt. Big improvement required to stay in the competition.

Mitchel's won the club championship 2-10 to 3-6 Great start from Mitchel's leading 1-8 to 0-1 at half time with a strong wind. Struggled in the 2nd half with a late Mark Lyons point winning it.

Congratulations to mitchells - hope they can keep it together and give the all - ireland championship a good rattle, it would be good for football in the north of england if at least the team thats hammering us is also winning back in ireland!!
That was never a square ball!!

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 02, 2008, 08:07:33 PM

Congratulations to mitchells - hope they can keep it together and give the all - ireland championship a good rattle, it would be good for football in the north of england if at least the team thats hammering us is also winning back in ireland!!

Mitchels hurlers (Birmingham)

BennyHarp

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on November 02, 2008, 08:27:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 02, 2008, 08:07:33 PM

Mitchels hurlers (Birmingham)

Jaysus, i dont know what i was thinking there - thats what you get for not actually reading the full thread! Sorry bout that!  :-[
That was never a square ball!!

maddog

Great result for Mitchells, couldnt make the game as was away on the weekend. Who are the likely oppenents Plastic Paddy? I heard either Galway or Sligo junior champions.

plastic paddy = MC, am i right ?

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: maddog on November 05, 2008, 09:52:58 AM
Great result for Mitchells, couldnt make the game as was away on the weekend. Who are the likely oppenents Plastic Paddy? I heard either Galway or Sligo junior champions.

Correct
I sussed you by your Emerald connection

Sligo senior champions (calry st josephs v Galway junior runners up(skehena).Cant find out yet when its on. We play winners on the 18th Jan in Ireland. Hopefully we can take the same support as we had in belfast this year.

youngfella

Mugged, robbed on the scale of the northern bank more like, was a good tight game but that was the worse ive ever seen, he could do with hanging up his whistle after that sham.

The two lads were keep quiet due to the good proformances from codd n pat for the gaels. Codd is a player that will feature in the university championships this weekend. one to watch for sure
Pull hard and early

maddog

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on November 06, 2008, 05:43:17 PM
Quote from: maddog on November 05, 2008, 09:52:58 AM

Hopefully we can take the same support as we had in belfast this year.

Weekend pass already rubber stamped  ;)

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: off the laces on October 23, 2008, 03:04:15 PM
where abouts are the teams in edinburgh, i am being moved over there to work in the new year and would like to join up with a team can any one pm me any contact details?

Dunedin Connollys are the Edinburgh team. They train in Calvary Park Duddingston. A google search will give you all the details. i played for them for a few years, they are a good club with a good social scene involved as well, which always helps.

off the laces

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 11, 2008, 12:16:44 PM
Quote from: off the laces on October 23, 2008, 03:04:15 PM
where abouts are the teams in edinburgh, i am being moved over there to work in the new year and would like to join up with a team can any one pm me any contact details?

Dunedin Connollys are the Edinburgh team. They train in Calvary Park Duddingston. A google search will give you all the details. i played for them for a few years, they are a good club with a good social scene involved as well, which always helps.
Cheers gaeilgoir will get a look at them.
Keeps 'er' straight

carnaross

All-Britain football final this afternoon in Birmingham between John Mitchel's and Tara. I hope the Lancs lads retain the trophy.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

carnaross

Mitchel's win 1-09 to 1-04. Tara had one red card and another off with two yellows. Apparently Mitchel's were always the better side. Anybody there and can shed a bit more light on the game?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: carnaross on November 16, 2008, 06:23:15 PM
Mitchel's win 1-09 to 1-04. Tara had one red card and another off with two yellows. Apparently Mitchel's were always the better side. Anybody there and can shed a bit more light on the game

Mitchels then better team but made hard work of it in 2 nd half missed a load of chances just after half time which allowed Taras back in with 3 unanswered points to lead by 1 with 10 mins left.But Mitchels got their 1st score of the 2nd half 20 mins in and never looked back. First Tara man went for 2 yellows after been well warned and 2nd went for flaking a man after the ball was gone. Corner Forward was very good for Mitchels in 2nd half

carnaross

See from hoganstand, there's a new club forming in Chester:

"There is a new club forming in Chester called Chester Noamh Padraig. Anyone who lives in Chester and/or the surrounding areas and are interested in playing Gaelic Football drop me an email shanec2k@gmail.com. Those who travel to Manchester or Liverpool can save time and money on fuel and travelling and join this club which is extremely convenient. This club has ben founded on the back of a very successful University team in Chester. Anyway people looking forward to hearing any responses , thanks Shane
Monaghan in exile , 26/11/2008 at 15:15"

Interesting?

inisceithleann

Quote from: carnaross on November 26, 2008, 03:57:39 PM
See from hoganstand, there's a new club forming in Chester:

"There is a new club forming in Chester called Chester Noamh Padraig. Anyone who lives in Chester and/or the surrounding areas and are interested in playing Gaelic Football drop me an email shanec2k@gmail.com. Those who travel to Manchester or Liverpool can save time and money on fuel and travelling and join this club which is extremely convenient. This club has ben founded on the back of a very successful University team in Chester. Anyway people looking forward to hearing any responses , thanks Shane
Monaghan in exile , 26/11/2008 at 15:15"

Interesting?

I don't know how easy it'll be to field a team to be honest. There were loads of irish students in Chester when I was there between The College of Law and Chester University but they all go home in the summer to be play for their clubs. The College of Law is opening a new branch in Manchester which will hit Chester as well, as most irish students will prefer the big city but that remains to be seen. I wish them all the best though, they've a nice pitch in Blacon as far as I can remember.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth