The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 08:23:27 PM
Brings a tear to your eye, the nobility of this administration and the right wing. Apparently a majority of Republicans support ripping toddlers away from their mothers at the border. Christianity... family values... pro-life... morals...

But then those poor people aren't really humans... just criminals and statistics.

I read or heard somewhere that Out of 12,000 minors currently in federal custody only 2000 crossed the border with a parent or legal guardian. The remainder crossed with someone else

There's a huge problem with human trafficking and bvllshit asylum claims on the Southern Border and something needs to be done about it

As unpalatable as the current situation is, maybe this will prompt congress to act

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 08:44:11 PM
Brings a tear to your eye, the nobility of this administration and the right wing. Apparently a majority of Republicans support ripping toddlers away from their mothers at the border. Christianity... family values... pro-life... morals...

But then those poor people aren't really humans... just criminals and statistics.

I read or heard somewhere that Out of 12,000 minors currently in federal custody only 2000 crossed the border with a parent or legal guardian. The remainder crossed with someone else

There's a huge problem with human trafficking and bvllshit asylum claims on the Southern Border and something needs to be done about it

As unpalatable as the current situation is, maybe this will prompt congress to act

Come on, don't you have kids? There's no rationalizing this. They're purposely targeting families as a deterrent, whether or not they approach as asylum seekers. They're using small kids as political bargaining chips as well to try to blackmail Democrats. This is all openly and proudly expressed. Pure evil. How anyone who has a child could even begin to sympathize with what they're doing is beyond me.

We all know Trump himself is bereft of compassion and empathy, but how do the rest of them sleep at night?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

Come on, don't you have kids? There's no rationalizing this. They're purposely targeting families as a deterrent, whether or not they approach as asylum seekers. They're using small kids as political bargaining chips as well to try to blackmail Democrats. This is all openly and proudly expressed. Pure evil. How anyone who has a child could even begin to sympathize with what they're doing is beyond me.

We all know Trump himself is bereft of compassion and empathy, but how do the rest of them sleep at night?

Im not sympathizing, but the media are being very dishonest in their coverage of this. It all kicked off with some photos circulating a few weeks ago that  were actually taken taken during the OBAMA administration

Vast majority of kids in federal custody have not come with their parents or guardians....they have come with someone else

Do you not think thats a huge problem?

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 09:16:21 PM

Im not sympathizing, but the media are being very dishonest in their coverage of this. It all kicked off with some photos circulating a few weeks ago that  were actually taken taken during the OBAMA administration

Vast majority of kids in federal custody have not come with their parents or guardians....they have come with someone else

WTF Whitey. Can't you stop parroting Fox n Friends for this ?

This will haunt the GOP in the mid terms. Women especially will turn away

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/19/child-separation-camps-trump-border-policy-backlash-republicans
In Mexico, less than a fortnight away from a presidential election, politicians lined up to denounce the separations. Candidate Ricardo Anaya said the treatment of children recalled "terrifying images" of Nazis separating mothers from their children. His rival, José Antonio Meade, denounced an unacceptable "horror".
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Don't tell me. Rush Limbaugh?

Eamonnca1

"I'm not racist, but..."

"I'm not defending Trump, but..."

Funny how there's always a 'but.'

J70

You're not sympathizing, but as f**king usual, your bigger problem is with the media or the Democrats rather than the appalling (and in this case downright callous and evil) conduct and policies of Trump and his minions. Unbelievable.

And the unaccompanied kids is a separate issue which wrenching crying children away from their devastated parents is going to do NOTHING to solve.

The rats are leaving the Trump ship on this issue by the hour, but you go ahead and hang in there with him whitey. Some liberal somewhere said or did something somewhere which will balance it out in your mind I'm sure.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 19, 2018, 09:49:01 PM

"I'm not racist, but..."

"I'm not defending Trump, but..."

Funny how there's always a 'but.'

Ah.......the old, "if you dont agree with us youre a rascist ploy". 

mrdeeds

A ten year old girl with down syndrome was seperated from her mother and brother. A man asked a judge about his son and the judge said he wasn't aware he had a child. Some officials have admitted that some kids will be lost in the system and may never see their parents again. They're being kept in cages or as Republicans have called them steel enclosures with chain link. I have two young boys and the thought of this ever happening would kill me. This is America a global superpower not some two bit poor nation with an Army General in charge.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 09:53:35 PM

You're not sympathizing, but as f**king usual, your bigger problem is with the media or the Democrats rather than the appalling (and in this case downright callous and evil) conduct and policies of Trump and his minions. Unbelievable.

And the unaccompanied kids is a separate issue which wrenching crying children away from their devastated parents is going to do NOTHING to solve.

The rats are leaving the Trump ship on this issue by the hour, but you go ahead and hang in there with him whitey. Some liberal somewhere said or did something somewhere which will balance it out in your mind I'm sure.

It started a few weeks ago as all the migrant children the Trump administration supposedly  "lost"

When that didnt get any traction (because it was all bvllshit)  they regurgitated the pictures from the OBAMA Administrations of the youth detention centers and tried to pin that on Trump

Now theyre onto this, and they're getting some traction.

So please, please forgive me for being cynical, but I have very good cause to be

mrdeeds

Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

It started a few weeks ago as all the migrant children the Trump administration supposedly  "lost"

When that didnt get any traction (because it was all bvllshit)  they regurgitated the pictures from the OBAMA Administrations of the youth detention centers and tried to pin that on Trump

So please, please forgive me for being cynical, but I have very good cause to be

What about the audio that's emerged?

whitey

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 19, 2018, 10:04:57 PM

What about the audio that's emerged?
From what I've seen and read that's real (but unverified)

But Does screaming and crying absolve their parents from obeying federal immigration law

The law needs to be fixed and Trump is crazy like a fox....he's painting them into a corner to come up with a solution

seafoid

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 19, 2018, 10:00:47 PM
A ten year old girl with down syndrome was seperated from her mother and brother. A man asked a judge about his son and the judge said he wasn't aware he had a child. Some officials have admitted that some kids will be lost in the system and may never see their parents again. They're being kept in cages or as Republicans have called them steel enclosures with chain link. I have two young boys and the thought of this ever happening would kill me. This is America a global superpower not some two bit poor nation with an Army General in charge.

The big picture on this is the declining white population percentage in the US.
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions is a neoconfederate white supremacist and the attorney general. 
The GOP won the white South after the Dems introduced civil rights in 1968.
The GOP is a white party. The GOP will go down fighting for white power.
Whitey is presumably no coincidence. ;)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2018, 10:17:30 PM

The law needs to be fixed and Trump is crazy like a fox....he's painting them into a corner to come up with a solution
I think you mean "Fox is crazy like Trump".

J70

No you don't.

The administration is openly promoting this horror as an active deterrent at the same time they're ludicrously trying to pin the blame on the Democrats, so any "cynicism" on your part is baseless, dishonest and willful ignorance.