David McKeown

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2022, 10:42:53 AM
Quote from: clubman21 on April 08, 2022, 10:23:28 AM
Quote from: marty34 on April 08, 2022, 10:22:07 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2022, 10:16:22 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2022, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2022, 09:16:49 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 07, 2022, 12:29:17 PM
I'd be interested to know when the last time a team had 4 players suspended for a championship match. I can't think of any in recent memory, it is unprecedented and totally disproportionate to the incident involved.

Armagh have been very very quiet on the whole incident - there has been nobody from the team management, the county board or former players putting forward any degree of protestations. I'm not sure if it is because of the GPA ban but you would like to think that they are doing everything to defend these players in the background because they haven't had much support in the media since the incident.

When was the last time a team had 4 suspended for a league game prior to Tyrone?

On O'Neill, a lot of hype about him but what are his actual scoring contributions from play?
Watch the lad. Only player in Ireland remotely close to Clifford. Most in Armagh reckon he'll go down as the best player we've ever had.

I have watched him and he is very good, just think that on what he has done so far he is over-rated and statements like yours there further add to that belief.  I was just interested to see his scoring stats from play as I don't think he contributes enough to the score board.  I would take the current version of Michael Murphy over him too and wouldn't have him as second best player in the country.
WOW
Is he the older O'Neill?

Is the other lad good?
Other lad is pretty handy yeah. And Rian is younger
Oisin's a very good lad as well but had awful injury trouble this past while. Meant to be 2 lads younger than Rian again as good or better!

Thought only one of the younger brothers was still playing?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mackers

I have watched him and he is very good, just think that on what he has done so far he is over-rated and statements like yours there further add to that belief.  I was just interested to see his scoring stats from play as I don't think he contributes enough to the score board.  I would take the current version of Michael Murphy over him too and wouldn't have him as second best player in the country.
On a thread that is verging on the ridiculous at times (exception David McKeown) this is by far the most ridiculous by some distance. O'Neill's playing credentials are without question.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Armagh18

Quote from: David McKeown on April 08, 2022, 10:48:46 AM
I'd be interested to know when the last time a team had 4 players suspended for a championship match. I can't think of any in recent memory, it is unprecedented and totally disproportionate to the incident involved.

Armagh have been very very quiet on the whole incident - there has been nobody from the team management, the county board or former players putting forward any degree of protestations. I'm not sure if it is because of the GPA ban but you would like to think that they are doing everything to defend these players in the background because they haven't had much support in the media since the incident.

When was the last time a team had 4 suspended for a league game prior to Tyrone?

On O'Neill, a lot of hype about him but what are his actual scoring contributions from play?
Watch the lad. Only player in Ireland remotely close to Clifford. Most in Armagh reckon he'll go down as the best player we've ever had.

WOW
Is he the older O'Neill?

Is the other lad good?
Oisin's a very good lad as well but had awful injury trouble this past while. Meant to be 2 lads younger than Rian again as good or better!

Thought only one of the younger brothers was still playing?
You could be right. Was definitely one on an Armagh u17 or u20 team last year. Cross men would know more!

Throw ball

Quote from: mackers on April 08, 2022, 10:57:45 AM
On a thread that is verging on the ridiculous at times (exception David McKeown) this is by far the most ridiculous by some distance. O'Neill's playing credentials are without question.

Agreed Mackers.

nrico2006

Provide the stats then.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2022, 02:38:19 PM

Provide the stats then.

Stats? Really. He's a fantastic footballer, has everything in his locker. A joy to watch

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2022, 02:38:19 PM

Provide the stats then.
Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Look if you watch the lad and don't think he's a serious footballer then nothing I or anyone else is going to post on here will convince you otherwise. Don't have the figures but I think he's our top scorer in the league but like I said before he has so much more to his game. Passing is top class and probably sets up more scores than anyone else for us.

Armamike

WOW
Is he the older O'Neill?

Is the other lad good?

:D Could well be correct but that's a well worn line in the GAA about the younger brother
That's just, like your opinion man.

KickPass

Here's an idea. Why not get Armagh to represent Ireland in the International Rules series? McGeeney and McKeever's brand of thuggery can be let loose on the Aussies and see how they get on.

Gael80

Quote from: KickPass on April 09, 2022, 05:38:55 PM
Here's an idea. Why not get Armagh to represent Ireland in the International Rules series? McGeeney and McKeever's brand of thuggery can be let loose on the Aussies and see how they get on.

And to improve Ireland's medal record in the World Championships or Olympic games, can we let Tyrone represent Ireland in the diving please? 😉

general_lee

Why do you say Windmill is your club? Clearly an imposter!

KickPass

Quote from: general_lee on April 09, 2022, 06:27:56 PM
Why do you say Windmill is your club? Clearly an imposter!

Why choose promoter of slavery as your username??

Armagh18

Seem to remember McGeeney being one of the only men that didn't shite their togs against the Aussies...

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2022, 10:06:49 AM
Seem to remember McGeeney being one of the only men that didn't shite their togs against the Aussies...

Exactly, McGeeney and Mc Keever were proper tough competitors. Some of the Tyrone players were wannabe hard men until they met the Ozzies.

KickPass

Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2022, 10:24:56 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 10, 2022, 10:06:49 AM

Exactly, McGeeney and Mc Keever were proper tough competitors. Some of the Tyrone players were wannabe hard men until they met the Ozzies.

Mckeever tough? lol