NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on March 31, 2022, 06:13:09 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 31, 2022, 08:43:20 AM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/03/31/news/bans-hurt-armagh-more-than-donegal-devenney-2629484/

"It's certainly a marker being laid down by the powers that be to say 'here, cut the crap or you'll miss big championship games'.

Shame the power that be only look at Ulster   Northern Teams, Kerry and Dublin are untouchable and always have been.

If Dublin had been involved in TWO separate brawls during a single league campaign like Armagh have been, there would be uproar and outrage from all corners. It's actually incredible to me that more is not being made of the fact that Armagh are repeat offenders here.

You still here?

Tubberman

Jesus I really liked watching Armagh over the course of the league, but ye are the greatest shower of whingers I've come across. And we have the Rossies for neighbours, so that's saying something.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Solo_run

Quote from: Tubberman on March 31, 2022, 06:56:10 PM
Jesus I really liked watching Armagh over the course of the league, but ye are the greatest shower of whingers I've come across. And we have the Rossies for neighbours, so that's saying something.

I would rather the talk about the melee just ended. It has happened, time has passed, accept punishments and get on with it. Armagh fans blame Donegal ones and Donegal ones will blame Armagh but there is no video evidence to suggest who started it. During the melee both sides shoulder the blame and whilst Armagh might have been punished a lot harsher than Donegal it doesn't always go the way you want. We have a game in a few weeks against them, we still have our key players whilst the others undoubtedly make an impact we have even better players returning.

Throw ball

Maybe we should ask a few posters to pretend they are Kerry posters so there can be more talk about league final ?  ;D

Wildweasel74

Armagh was always my favourite team outside of my own county, but if I keep reading this crap, it soon change.

Average Score

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 31, 2022, 09:43:20 PM
Armagh was always my favourite team outside of my own county, but if I keep reading this crap, it soon change.

I am sure all of Armagh will give a f**k.

Solo_run

Quote from: Average Score on March 31, 2022, 10:28:19 PM

I am sure all of Armagh will give a f**k.

Come on now, no need to be like that. It is best the melee was put to bed and just look forward to the championship. 

onefaircounty

As usual Armagh fans can't accept that the world isn't against them and just take their medicine.

All I've heard this year is referees or the media are out to get us.

Frustrating that no bans for Dublin v Kerry, surely, but when you get involved in those things you take a risk and we can't yap about bans.

Captain Obvious

In fairness you Mayo supporters aren't lost when it comes to whinging.

David McKeown

Quote from: onefaircounty on March 31, 2022, 11:36:12 PM
As usual Armagh fans can't accept that the world isn't against them and just take their medicine.

Frustrating that no bans for Dublin v Kerry, surely, but when you get involved in those things you take a risk and we can't yap about bans.

I think the issue is probably two fold. Like most northern counties, Armagh think there is an anti northern bias within the association. Whether that's correct or not is largely immaterial because it's the clear perception.

That perception is then further reinforced by what can be seen happening. No sanctions to southern teams in similar circumstances, Murphy getting away with what he did on Sunday etc. If all you want to achieve is fairness in what is already an inherently unfair competition (with how the provincial draws work) etc then incidents like this past weekend can be hard to take so I think the criticism of referees etc can be understood if not justified.

My particular gripe is actually with the rule itself. I have no idea what a melee is. I have no idea how 4 Tyrone players ended up sent off for contributing to it and I think it's an offence that clearly needs refinement. For that reason if I was the Armagh county board I would lawyer up (there were plenty of good ones at the match) and I would challenge the suspensions but that's only my personal opinion based on how I'll defined and nebulous the infraction is.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

onefaircounty

Quote from: David McKeown on April 01, 2022, 12:10:04 AM

I think the issue is probably two fold. Like most northern counties, Armagh think there is an anti northern bias within the association. Whether that's correct or not is largely immaterial because it's the clear perception.

That perception is then further reinforced by what can be seen happening. No sanctions to southern teams in similar circumstances, Murphy getting away with what he did on Sunday etc. If all you want to achieve is fairness in what is already an inherently unfair competition (with how the provincial draws work) etc then incidents like this past weekend can be hard to take so I think the criticism of referees etc can be understood if not justified.

My particular gripe is actually with the rule itself. I have no idea what a melee is. I have no idea how 4 Tyrone players ended up sent off for contributing to it and I think it's an offence that clearly needs refinement. For that reason if I was the Armagh county board I would lawyer up (there were plenty of good ones at the match) and I would challenge the suspensions but that's only my personal opinion based on how I'll defined and nebulous the infraction is.

To be fair, we got away with a huge one ourselves.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: David McKeown on April 01, 2022, 12:10:04 AM

I wouldn't expect your angle to be any different, but the 'lawyering up' is contributing to the rules being unenforceable rather than being a result of it. If they came out and said a headlock was a red card offence, people would want a headlock defined. IF they defined the headlock, there would be people out with freeze frames and stopclocks measuring the angle of the arm, length of time etc.

What I would love to see, is:
- set up a rules / refereeing clarification group
- they meet to discuss and review how certain rules are being enforced
- issue feedback to referees, and the wider audience, with videos showing why one incident might be different to another.
- Video should highlight where particular incidents were adjudged correctly, or show how they would have liked the outcome.
Need to start looking at the spirit of the rules, and if we all as fans, coaches, players, referees keep getting this kind of clarification then we can see how it should look. Referees will still get decisions wrong, its a fast game on a large field, but at least we will have some idea of what is correct and what is wrong.

FWIW I think a lot of the feelings of unfair treatment from Armagh and Tyrone fans comes from each side winding the other up. The levels of focus on here in particular is due to the constant shitstirring/banter.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Average Score

An interesting take on events, would this just apply to injustices perceived or otherwise on the football field or in life in general?

Average Score

On another note were you at the match - what was your thoughts on how it played out and the context in which the reported incident at the end occurred?

Armagh18

Devastated