50th Birthday

Started by Boycey, December 03, 2017, 11:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

There's 3 of us hitting the big 5-0 towards the end of next year and we're looking to mark the occasion by doing something out of the ordinary. All well travelled, family men with plenty of 'life' experiences, would be willing to travel and spend a few quid if necessary but not essential. Vegas has been mentioned but I'd like to do something less obvious although I will go if I have to  ;D

Any suggestions?? Probably 4/5 days max would be the only restriction.

Itchy

Puckoon

If you're golfers take a bucket list golf trip. Maybe try and take in the Masters.

redzone

How about a week out in Africa building a school or something like that. Give something back. Your already well travelled as u say.

Boycey

Quote from: Puckoon on December 03, 2017, 11:11:01 PM
If you're golfers take a bucket list golf trip. Maybe try and take in the Masters.

I'm a golfer and The Masters is definitely on my bucket list unfortunately neither of the other 2 are so that's unlikely to get the vote..

Milltown Row2

Vegas is on my list for that big one in 4 years but funny enough I was chatting to wife about my two places to go before I'm physically unable, Machu Picchu being one and base camp Everest... obviously take more than your 4 days target! Though I'd be one for a trek!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Jaysus whatever happened to a Victoria sponge with a candle and a pot of tae?

The worlds gone mad.

Mikhail Prokhorov

sad when you are 50 and have to ask people what you should do  :'(

FL/MAYO

Didn't like Vegas but if you decide to go there do yourselves and spend a few days at the Grand Canyon.

Cunny Funt

Visit the fountain of youth

Boycey

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on December 04, 2017, 12:56:10 AM
sad when you are 50 and have to ask people what you should do  :'(

Didn't I say last night I was a family man, I've been asking what I should do for years..

AZOffaly

If you are thinking of Vegas type stuff, worth checking out Havasupai Falls in Grand Canyon. You can camp down there, which is in the Havasupai Reservation.

T Fearon

Spent mine at Burj Al Arab,Dubai.Dinner in the desert under the stars.Then wife arranged for three musicians to visit our room with cakes to personally serenade me! Good job the whole lot was a competition prize!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 04, 2017, 10:02:53 AM
Spent mine at Burj Al Arab,Dubai.Dinner in the desert under the stars.Then wife arranged for three musicians to visit our room with cakes to personally serenade me! Good job the whole lot was a competition prize!

::) ::) ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: T Fearon on December 04, 2017, 10:02:53 AM

So said your fast thinking wife when you entered the room and found her with three strange men, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians