Can you/How do you split up your desktop?

Started by Denn Forever, October 26, 2010, 11:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

As time goes on you save loads of different things to the computer desktop.  I know there is a desktop tidy function but can you split the desk top so a particular type of application and its associated files on in a clear defined location?

Using the computers for sound effects and I need the files to be easily accessible and not jumbled up with other files.

Thanks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gaaman

Is there anyway that you can change the minimised icon on your internet explorer so that when minimised it looks like Excel.

Note this is purely for dosing at work purposes

lolafrola

Quote from: Gaaman on October 26, 2010, 11:45:09 AM
Is there anyway that you can change the minimised icon on your internet explorer so that when minimised it looks like Excel.

Note this is purely for dosing at work proposes

Just open up another blank tab at the top of the page and then minimise it and it will show nothing
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Gaaman

Quote from: lolafrola on October 26, 2010, 12:11:27 PM

Just open up another blank tab at the top of the page and then minimise it and it will show nothing

EH? I want it to look as if I'm not on the internet.

ziggysego

Hide the taskbar.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Show-or-hide-the-taskbar
Testing Accessibility

lolafrola

Quote from: Gaaman on October 26, 2010, 01:05:20 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on October 26, 2010, 12:11:27 PM

EH? I want it to look as if I'm not on the internet.

Just tell your boss to go f**k himself/herself, you're picking your football for tonights matches and mind their own business
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 26, 2010, 11:32:41 AM
As time goes on you save loads of different things to the computer desktop.  I know there is a desktop tidy function but can you split the desk top so a particular type of application and its associated files on in a clear defined location?

Using the computers for sound effects and I need the files to be easily accessible and not jumbled up with other files.

Thanks.

Well why not just drag the items into different corners of the desktop and maybe put a graphic in the background that has differnt compartments. I just create a couple of folders with all my shortcuts inside (Programmes, Games, Work etc). Saving actual file to the desktop is a bad idea as it slows your pc loading. What you could do is save everything into a folder - my documents for example and have windows open that folder everytime it starts.

ardmhachaabu

Denn,

I think this link will sort you out, http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx  The virtual desktop manager will do the job I believe
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something