NFL Division 4 2014

Started by Gold, February 01, 2014, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man of Kent

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2014, 10:07:34 PM
The GAA doesn't do selective pricing, in general. A decent seat in a covered stand for a Div 1 or Div 2 game would be the same price. In Ireland, you can buy the ticket during the week before the game for a discount.

So it would be the same to watch Dublin v Cork as I paid today for London v Clare? That doesn't seem right. :o

imtommygunn

It's different in different divisions but it is a tenner here for division 4 football.

AFS

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2014, 10:07:34 PM
QuoteOn a separate note how much do Div. 4 sides charge for admission?  In the short time I've been watching London I think the price of league games has doubled, £5 to £10. Bearing in mind that Ruslip is a clubhouse with a playing area, no seats or terrace. While I'm happy to pay ten quid seems a lot to me.

The GAA doesn't do selective pricing, in general. A decent seat in a covered stand for a Div 1 or Div 2 game would be the same price. In Ireland, you can buy the ticket during the week before the game for a discount.

€10 / £9 if bought before match day and €15 / £13 if bought on the day for Div 2 anyway.

A tenner does seem steep for Div 4, particularly in London where you'd imagine they should be trying harder than most to entice new punters.

ck

€10 very excessive for div 4. IMO the home team county should set prices. They know their counties better than anyone and will probably get it right based on the importance of the game and opposition

Rossfan

€10 for D3 games with no discount if bought in advance.
However you can go to any part of the ground and most grounds have enough cover/seats for the average D3 crowds.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on February 24, 2014, 04:30:31 PM
€10 for D3 games with no discount if bought in advance.
However you can go to any part of the ground and most grounds have enough cover/seats for the average D3 crowds.

Should be discounts in D3/D4 say €7 then we might get a few more to these games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Man of Kent

Last season London charged £10 for the Championship QF with Sligo. So the same price is too much for a Div. 4 game in my view.

I've no idea what attendances Div. 4 get in Ireland (the Youtube footage of the game at Wickow looked very sparsely attended) , but I doubt there were 200 at Ruslip yesterday. When you bear in mind that OAP's are half price and juniors are free I doubt the takings cover the running costs.

Anyway, it's nice to see that my throw away comment about admission resulted in a string of posts, while my painstakingly complied report didn't raise a single murmur! 

Man of Kent

London 1-7 (0-2) Tipperary 1-8 (1-19)

Is it possible that after the Championship wins last season the other counties are taking London a bit more seriously?

That could explain why have they have lost their first three outings by 11, 9 and 12 points.

London made three changes to the side that lost to Clare last weekend, including Mulvey who was missing with a groin strain (I think).

Tipp came straight out of the blocks and, from the throw in created a goal chance that saw London's first touch go behind for a 45.

London came back immediately and from a free close to the posts opted to create a goal chance that caught everyone expect the Tipp 'Keeper off guard who turned the low shot wide for a 45, which was converted to get London on the board. London then had to wait until the 32nd min. before recording another! However the home side could feel a little aggrieved to find Fizgerald in the Tipp goal on top form, making three goal bound saves in the first half.

The Tipperary front line on the other hand kept the scoreboard ticking over nicely and converted a 22 min. penalty to give them a 9 nine point lead at the break.

London started the second half with purpose and added 3 points and converted a penalty before Tipp regained control scoring 6 points, all from play, to London's 1 from a free.

Fizgerald then pulled off two fine second half saves to keep the winning margin comfortable for the visitors.

If you were looking to put a positive spin on things you could point the the Tipperary 'keeper (I think the best description is that he's a big unit!) but too often shots fell short and passing was inaccurate  at critical times. Tipp's back line always seemed quicker to pounce on the lose ball. Sean Kelly was my MoM for London. He was busy, aggressive and chipped in with a couple of points.

So London head to Waterford in desperate need to of a change of fortune.

(London - Traynor, Butler, Curran, McCarthy, Hannon, Kelly, McCarron, Carroll, Crowley, Feeney, Gottsche, Miskelly, Mulligan, O'Neill Magee)

On a separate issue we had three black cards in the game (London 2, Tipp 1). All seemed to correct from refereeing point of view. My question is has the new card changed anything? The Tipp BC occurred with about 5 mins. to go in a game that was well won and seemed totally pointless.