Kildare v Tyrone & Dubs v Kerry NFL Round 1 on Sat 4th Feb 2012

Started by Fuzzman, January 04, 2012, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: God14 on February 07, 2012, 05:33:27 PM
Leo - he played full back right the way through the 2010 AI minor winning team.

Suprising didnt make the 2011 under 21 panel (same manager as 2010 minors Ray Munroe)

Cheers, I saw no football that year from June so that would explain how he came "from nowhere"

magpie seanie

Some Dubs behind me at the game were lamenting about how crap O'Gara was - "no Brogans and O'Gara playing - it's like trying to cut a loaf of bread with a hammer". Laughed my hole off!

Encouraging signs for Tyrone in second half. Kildare had a bit of the same old same old about them. I think McGeeney's lack of imagination will hinder them. Kerry purred. I expected them to be up for it but they looked pretty good at times. Curtin caught my eye as a new lad with some lovely turns and passing. Dublin surprised me, looks like they've really enjoyed the winter. Agree with comment before about Fennel - amazed he is on a county panel never mind getting game time.

Jinxy

Connolly was able to win high balls coming into him in the 2nd half so I don't know why they don't just play him as an orthodox FF.
If O'Gara starts the next game its a sure sign Gilroy isn't too bothered about the league.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Jinxy on February 07, 2012, 10:44:54 PM
Connolly was able to win high balls coming into him in the 2nd half so I don't know why they don't just play him as an orthodox FF.
If O'Gara starts the next game its a sure sign Gilroy isn't too bothered about the league.

He won 1 high ball...that I can recall. Overall he was poor I thought...I still think he is flakey mentally, although very talented. What was the story with those left-footed frees? Who does he think he is..Maurice Fitz?  ;D
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Hound

Outside of a couple of backs, Connolly was the only Dub who won his fair share of 50/50 balls. He played a couple of great passes too, but the 4 or 5 wides he hit left a bad impression of his overall performance. All his wides were off his weak side, the one shot he had off his right he nailed.

I saw him slot a couple of placed balls over the bar with his left foot in the warm-up and I feared the worst! His 2nd missed free in particular, he would have knocked over with his right out of his hands no bother.

But Gilroy's not immune to making stupid decisions. Like allowing Mossy to take a 45 again. Very good freetaker from 30m in, but the chap must have a success rate of 8%-10% for 45s for Dublin.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on February 07, 2012, 10:44:54 PM

Sigerson Cup Result - DCU 0-11 CIT 0-8. Dean Rock scored 0-6 & Eoghan O'Gara was sent off.

The chap is embarrassing ........................................ sooner the better he is chucked off the panel