Armagh v Monaghan D2-R5 15th March 7pm

Started by Main Street, March 10, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

The winners have a chance at promotion and the losers can just look to securing their 2nd Div status, so there are no losers from this game.
I'd say promotion is most probably between the 4 Ulster teams, Donegal and one other.
Will Armagh's 2 day extra rest be enough of an advantage here?
Will it stop raining in Armagh?
Probably will be a tight game, I don't think there's much between the Axis of (insert your own word here), Armagh, Down and Monaghan.

babarino

Last time, we played in the Athletic grounds in Division 2, the defeat cost us demotion to the Cavan zone, on top of losing a home fixture later.

What made that day the more telling was that we were on top for most of the game, but lost to a late Armagh rally. They have their own McManus, so it's a big day for the new lads in the Monaghan attack. We have to take our chances, which we didn't do in Newry.

Orior

Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2014, 02:23:03 PM
The winners have a chance at promotion and the losers can just look to securing their 2nd Div status, so there are no losers from this game.
I'd say promotion is most probably between the 4 Ulster teams, Donegal and one other .
Will Armagh's 2 day extra rest be enough of an advantage here?
Will it stop raining in Armagh?
Probably will be a tight game, I don't think there's much between the Axis of (insert your own word here), Armagh, Down and Monaghan.

Why are Donegal getting two chances?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Is the match on Setanta? It will have been a full week since they last covered an Armagh game.

Bingo

The pitch in Armagh has taken some pounding the last while, they'll be glad to see the back of the league I'd say.

This will be an interesting one. Monaghan far from firing on full cylinders but getting the job done and putting on big scores. Still very open at the back though and conceding too easily. Good to see Lennon back and getting game time under his belt yesterday, still has alot to offer.

Armagh are quietly building a team despite the injuries and the forward line is working well.

This could go either way. Interesting too that Armagh are finishing games well but Monaghan are the opposite.

Throw ball

Tough game for Armagh this week. With Dyas added to the injury list another reshape is necessary. Monaghan will rightly be favourites. At least all these injuries are letting us know the depth of the squad. The team will not lack for effort. Hopefully Monaghan have an off day.

Main Street

When Clarke gets injured then we know Armagh have an injury crisis.
Is McKeever injured?  he wasn't playing against Laois.
I see we are favourites, but it's still a 50/50 game and it's being played in Armagh, it's a long and trepidatious 30km away from God's county.

How have the 'Friday night lights' games been so far as regards attendance?

Throw ball

Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2014, 09:24:52 PM
I see we are favourites, but it's still a 50/50 game and it's being played in Armagh, it's a long and trepidatious 30km away from God's county.

Have we not got enough injuries without wishing that on us. McKeever is said to be out for the rest of the league.

Should be a good crowd on Saturday. Only 3500 last week but I think my car would have had enough room in it for the Laois supporters that were there.

Surprised to see such an inexperienced referee for a game like this. Do not know what he is like so hope he has a good game.

Captain Obvious

Game will be live on premier sports. Monaghan average away from Clones and Armagh on a high with two good wins should win this game.

Main Street

Quote from: Throw ball on March 10, 2014, 09:43:43 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2014, 09:24:52 PM

Have we not got enough injuries without wishing that on us. McKeever is said to be out for the rest of the league.

Should be a good crowd on Saturday. Only 3500 last week but I think my car would have had enough room in it for the Laois supporters that were there.

Surprised to see such an inexperienced referee for a game like this. Do not know what he is like so hope he has a good game.
If the ref has a good game then surely the points are in our bag?

T Fearon

Surely the results last weekend prove that a game like this is impossible to call.Monaghan highly motivated as Armagh relegated them in 2011, and Malachy O'Rourke still smarting from 2008 Ulster Final defeat.

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on March 10, 2014, 10:44:49 PM
Surely the results last weekend prove that a game like this is impossible to call.Monaghan highly motivated as Armagh relegated them in 2011, and Malachy O'Rourke still smarting from 2008 Ulster Final defeat.
Us Monaghan folk are more evolved than that, we don't bear such grudges  or live in the past.
Our motivation is a positive expression, yes we want to trample you into the ground but it's nothing personal, you just happen to be there.

thebandit

I'd imagine that Monaghan will edge this, based on having a better defence.

Rugby is at 5, game is at 7, I'd say this will impact on the crowd.

macdanger2

Yeah, I'd say there'll be a few empty seats in stade de France alright, sure you'd never make it back in time for throw in!!   ;D

our_fella

Seen someone copy this post on facebook from twitter

Armagh's starting 15 if using their injured players

1) AN other
2) Paul McGeown
3) Brendan Donaghy
4) James Morgan
5) Aaron Kernan
6) Ciaran McKeever
7 ) Finnian Moriarty
8) James Lavery
9) Kieran Toner