Irish men Rosary

Started by Truth hurts, May 18, 2022, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 20, 2022, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 09:43:13 AM
I think prayer is a private thing. I don't like the idea of a collection of people taking over a square in a public area to say the rosary. Some people have innocent purposes, others more sinister.
Rosary should be confined to churches, religious centers & what people do on their own homes as consenting adults is their business.
Personally I say a decade of the rosary every morning on the way to work, my wife & kids wouldn't be aware of this. I got this from my mother, who took huge stock in prayer, but would never force it own any of her kids.

This public rosary for some appears to be a response to the muzzling of people with conservative views by a left wing media & political system. It should be ok for people to question vaccine passports, abortion, same sex marriage without been called bigots, conspiracy theorists etc. This constant filtering of people with conservative/ center right views has pushed some people to the margins.

I'm feed up of the constant media driven left is good, right is baad. Freedom of speech is great as long as you agree with the lefties. You won't get me saying the rosary in a public place all the same, but if a right leaning party with plenty of decent, courageous candidates like Peadar Tobin with some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

If its right for people to question vaccines, moon landings and the roundness of earth etc it equally my right to laugh at them and call them arseholes. People on SM calling you a w**ker isn't a left wing media conspiracy.

That's a whole load of nothing, much like what's between your ears.

Eire90

i here some say sunday mass in ireland was just  one big virtue signal  people wanting others to see how much money they were handing over to the priest

trueblue1234

Quote from: Eire90 on May 20, 2022, 11:29:38 AM
i here some say sunday mass in ireland was just  one big virtue signal  people wanting others to see how much money they were handing over to the priest

Well covid did for that. DD all the rave now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Eire90

Armagh18

I think prayer is a private thing. I don't like the idea of a collection of people taking over a square in a public area to say the rosary. Some people have innocent purposes, others more sinister.
Rosary should be confined to churches, religious centers & what people do on their own homes as consenting adults is their business.
Personally I say a decade of the rosary every morning on the way to work, my wife & kids wouldn't be aware of this. I got this from my mother, who took huge stock in prayer, but would never force it own any of her kids.

This public rosary for some appears to be a response to the muzzling of people with conservative views by a left wing media & political system. It should be ok for people to question vaccine passports, abortion, same sex marriage without been called bigots, conspiracy theorists etc. This constant filtering of people with conservative/ center right views has pushed some people to the margins.

I'm feed up of the constant media driven left is good, right is baad. Freedom of speech is great as long as you agree with the lefties. You won't get me saying the rosary in a public place all the same, but if a right leaning party with plenty of decent, courageous candidates like Peadar Tobin with some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

If its right for people to question vaccines, moon landings and the roundness of earth etc it equally my right to laugh at them and call them arseholes. People on SM calling you a w**ker isn't a left wing media conspiracy.
You're making his point for him.... Christ.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 20, 2022, 12:33:02 PM

You're making his point for him.... Christ.

But you think it's ok for people on sm to tell others that they shouldn't get married? Or that people are sheeple for following covid regulations?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 09:43:13 AMwith some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

Still pushing this shite I see.

Rudi

Quote from: gallsman on May 20, 2022, 01:36:33 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 09:43:13 AMwith some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

Still the biggest scooby on the board I see. Intolerant far left, I'm right, your wrong.
If you were an icecream, you'd have yourself licked to death by now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 02:09:20 PM

Still the biggest scooby on the board I see. Intolerant far left, I'm right, your wrong.

Whatever happened to Iceman, he'd have loved this thread.. It was your icecream bit that reminded me lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 02:09:20 PM

"Intolerant". Laughably soft.

Enjoy your "I'm so hard done by, I suffer so much for my 'straight talking' ways" echo chamber. John McGuirk isn't the Messiah. He's not even a very naughty boy. He's just another incel mouthpiece with a microphone.

Rudi

"echo chamber" straight from the antifa / far left dictionary. The rest of your post is the usual inane drivel.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 03:09:59 PM
"echo chamber" straight from the antifa / far left dictionary. The rest of your post is the usual inane drivel.

These are the guys who disrupted the Aisling Murphy vigil? Also have links to the far right and loyalists?

Rossfan

https://www.mensrosaryireland.com/

Ros, Longford, Laythrum, Cavan and Monaghan escaped them so far.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 20, 2022, 04:28:53 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 03:09:59 PM

These are the guys who disrupted the Aisling Murphy vigil? Also have links to the far right and loyalists?

On the first point pretty sure your right, which is disgusting. Think they have some right wing connection, although some may be involved for good reasons, would doubt loyalists would be into the rosary in fairness. ;D

Eamonnca1

When did this happen?