Irish men Rosary

Started by Truth hurts, May 18, 2022, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

I believe the right calls this sort of thing "virtue signalling."

brokencrossbar1

Praying for Louth to win an AI in 3 years.....the supreme leader has set them to task....

screenexile

Not a Derry man among them Gabe they're all Loughshore men sure St Pius and the Convent were infiltrated by Tyrone wans for decades as you well know!!

Gmac

Isn't praying in public banned in NI

restorepride

Quote from: Gmac on May 18, 2022, 11:10:52 PM
Isn't praying in public banned in NI
There has to be a protocol about it!

Eire90

have those groups not been infiltrated by the far right and the mcconnel from donegal guy.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Eire90 on May 19, 2022, 12:05:07 AM
have those groups not been infiltrated by the far right and the mcconnel from donegal guy.
I think you're right. While a lot of those involved are well meaning, there is a strong right wing anti vaccine, pro life influence
Careful now

restorepride

Quote from: Eire90 on May 19, 2022, 12:05:07 AM
Our family rosary used to be infiltrated by the far left - so we all left the Hail Holy Queen to herself.

Loughshore2022

The only times I've been involved in rosaries is at cemetery Sundays, just repeating the same prayer over and over. My uncle is going to one of those pilgrimages to Bosnia next week, another odd thing.

seafoid

The Rosary is faster as Gaeilge.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2022, 08:42:33 PM
The Rosary is faster as Gaeilge.

You haven't heard my da going over the first part of the Hail Mary, kneeling into a chair, just a blurr,

"Hail Mary, blah blah... Jesus"

Rudi

I think prayer is a private thing. I don't like the idea of a collection of people taking over a square in a public area to say the rosary. Some people have innocent purposes, others more sinister.
Rosary should be confined to churches, religious centers & what people do on their own homes as consenting adults is their business.
Personally I say a decade of the rosary every morning on the way to work, my wife & kids wouldn't be aware of this. I got this from my mother, who took huge stock in prayer, but would never force it own any of her kids.

This public rosary for some appears to be a response to the muzzling of people with conservative views by a left wing media & political system. It should be ok for people to question vaccine passports, abortion, same sex marriage without been called bigots, conspiracy theorists etc. This constant filtering of people with conservative/ center right views has pushed some people to the margins.

I'm feed up of the constant media driven left is good, right is baad. Freedom of speech is great as long as you agree with the lefties. You won't get me saying the rosary in a public place all the same, but if a right leaning party with plenty of decent, courageous candidates like Peadar Tobin with some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

marty34

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 09:43:13 AM
I think prayer is a private thing. I don't like the idea of a collection of people taking over a square in a public area to say the rosary. Some people have innocent purposes, others more sinister.
Rosary should be confined to churches, religious centers & what people do on their own homes as consenting adults is their business.
Personally I say a decade of the rosary every morning on the way to work, my wife & kids wouldn't be aware of this. I got this from my mother, who took huge stock in prayer, but would never force it own any of her kids.

This public rosary for some appears to be a response to the muzzling of people with conservative views by a left wing media & political system. It should be ok for people to question vaccine passports, abortion, same sex marriage without been called bigots, conspiracy theorists etc. This constant filtering of people with conservative/ center right views has pushed some people to the margins.

I'm feed up of the constant media driven left is good, right is baad. Freedom of speech is great as long as you agree with the lefties. You won't get me saying the rosary in a public place all the same, but if a right leaning party with plenty of decent, courageous candidates like Peadar Tobin with some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

Are AontĂș involed in these public rosary meetings?

Is it men only who are there?

Rudi

Quote from: marty34 on May 20, 2022, 11:07:29 AM

Are AontĂș involed in these public rosary meetings?

Is it men only who are there?

Dont know much about it Marty, I thought by the thread title it was men only. Aontu have some poor candidates in the south, dont know if they attend these rosaries or not.

Keyser soze

If its right for people to question vaccines, moon landings and the roundness of earth etc it equally my right to laugh at them and call them arseholes. People on SM calling you a w**ker isn't a left wing media conspiracy.