Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2022, 09:53:57 PM
Seeing as Everton are out of the relegation battle, who would most neutrals prefer to go down between Leeds and Burnley. I have no love for Leeds, but it would be some sort of justice if Burnley went down after them sacking Sean Dyche.

Everton aren't safe from relegation yet, they've some seriously dodgy financial irregularities in their closet...
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/uncategorized/burnley-leeds-write-premier-league-concerns-everton-breaching-financial-rules-261445

Jell 0 Biafra

Has it ever happened in the English top flight that a club got relegated because of a points deduction due to financial irregularities?

Chelsea should be Vauxhall Conference (or whatever they call it now) by this point if they were going to do that kind of thing.

Hound

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 20, 2022, 11:13:59 PM
Has it ever happened in the English top flight that a club got relegated because of a points deduction due to financial irregularities?

Chelsea should be Vauxhall Conference (or whatever they call it now) by this point if they were going to do that kind of thing.
Chelsea may have been a main reason the FFP rules were brought in, but it seems they have been compliant since they did come in.

City are the ones who break the rules. But they get away with it by disguising the money that comes in as sponsorship. UEFFA kicked them out of the champions league for cheating. But seemingly couldn't prove it in court so all was forgiven and forgotten and the ban rescinded.

bennydorano

Quote from: Hound on May 21, 2022, 08:19:40 AM

Chelsea may have been a main reason the FFP rules were brought in, but it seems they have been compliant since they did come in.

City are the ones who break the rules. But they get away with it by disguising the money that comes in as sponsorship. UEFFA kicked them out of the champions league for cheating. But seemingly couldn't prove it in court so all was forgiven and forgotten and the ban rescinded.

I was at City v Sporting Lisbon in Champions League, they were vociferously booing the Champions league anthem, I hadn't a clue what was going on but apparently happens at every CL game because they tried to boot them out.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: bennydorano on May 21, 2022, 08:45:27 AM

I was at City v Sporting Lisbon in Champions League, they were vociferously booing the Champions league anthem, I hadn't a clue what was going on but apparently happens at every CL game because they tried to boot them out.

They boo an 'anthem' for being challenged about financial 'irregularities', no issues. LFC fans boo GSTQ because of historic underfunding in the city by successive Governments, a government backed cover up over Hillsborough and a general dislike by members of the 'Establishment' of the city and they are hauled over the coals and attacked by the PM.....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 21, 2022, 09:32:20 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 21, 2022, 08:45:27 AM

They boo an 'anthem' for being challenged about financial 'irregularities', no issues. LFC fans boo GSTQ because of historic underfunding in the city by successive Governments, a government backed cover up over Hillsborough and a general dislike by members of the 'Establishment' of the city and they are hauled over the coals and attacked by the PM.....
Churchill's gunboats in the Mersey, Thatcher's "managed decline" of the city... is it any wonder they are The People's Republic of Liverpool.

Milltown Row2

I wonder will they stay in work next Thursday and Friday on protest.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2022, 09:38:19 AM
That's one of the dumbest arguments always thrown up against anyone anti monarchy. Just because you get the day off work due to a public holiday doesn't mean you are actively celebrating the jubilee.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RedHand88

Thursday is the annual Spring Bank Holiday and no connection to the Jubilee.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 21, 2022, 10:09:04 AM
That's one of the dumbest arguments always thrown up against anyone anti monarchy. Just because you get the day off work due to a public holiday doesn't mean you are actively celebrating the jubilee.

Similar to the if you think youre so Irish why do you accept Sterling/not move down South lines

MR2 doing MR2 things

Milltown Row2

Three bites in row!! That's the best yet ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Arsenal lost their last 2 games and need Norwich to beat Tottenham.   Unbelievable , Jeff.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Loughshore2022

I stopped following soccer after all the abuse McClean got from fans, some of the comments I've read about him from English people were troubling. I was a Chelsea fan up until a few years ago and I am embarrassed to say I even went to some of their games. You used to see "No Surrender" scarves in stalls outside the stadium, a horrible club as seen by how they were welcomed to Windsor Park last year by the loyalists. When I was a boy I was attracted to their 2001 team and had no idea of the club's culture. I wouldn't go near English soccer again no matter what club it was.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 21, 2022, 03:18:12 PM
I stopped following soccer after all the abuse McClean got from fans, some of the comments I've read about him from English people were troubling. I was a Chelsea fan up until a few years ago and I am embarrassed to say I even went to some of their games. You used to see "No Surrender" scarves in stalls outside the stadium, a horrible club as seen by how they were welcomed to Windsor Park last year by the loyalists. When I was a boy I was attracted to their 2001 team and had no idea of the club's culture. I wouldn't go near English soccer again no matter what club it was.

In fairness McClean is his own worst enemy. He courts a lot of stuff on Social media.

Loughshore2022

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 21, 2022, 03:57:07 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 21, 2022, 03:18:12 PM

In fairness McClean is his own worst enemy. He courts a lot of stuff on Social media.

I don't like him as I don't like anyone with a sleeve tattoo. However not wanting to help fund ex soldiers who attacked civilians in your city shouldn't be a reason for abuse. They say the poppy represents WW2 but where do they think the money raised goes? Most WW2 soldiers are dead. I cut that nonsense out of my life, it wasn't hard as soccer is a painful watch anyway.