Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Excellent, cheers for the advice

Franko

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2017, 01:52:10 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 19, 2017, 01:44:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2017, 01:22:30 PM
Tramore? Kids love Tramore. Everyone loves Tramore.

Also, if you like west Cork, there's a 'Quality Hotel' in Clonakilty. It's not luxurious, but it is very family friendly and they do chalets on the grounds too. There's also a cinema on the grounds.

http://www.qualityclonakiltyhotel.com/

Know nothing about this hotel but jaysus could they not have come up with something better for the name?

The Quality Hotel? I think it's a chain. The Quality Hotel Clonakilty, the Quality Hotel Youghal etc etc.

Fair enough, obviously it doesn't hinder them too much if they've managed to amass a chain of them!

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 19, 2017, 02:03:35 PM
Quote from: BenDover on January 19, 2017, 01:12:58 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 18, 2017, 02:21:57 PM
Quote from: BenDover on January 18, 2017, 02:02:31 PM
Heading to Breaffy House for 4 days over the 12th July week, but we'd like to go somewhere else for 3-4 days further down the country open to all suggestions. 3 youngsters 8, 4, and 1 to cater for. Any recommendations?
Westport house, few small attractions for kids.
Clare Island day trip
Newport to Mulranney greenway
Achill Island

Thank for the tips on things to do Ballinaman, what i was really after is location + accommodation recommendations further south e.g. Cork, Waterford, Wexford that would be family friendly.

East Cork. Good beaches at Youghal Red Barn Ballycotton area. Fota Island is close by. Trabolgan for a day trip. It might be good for accommodation but not sure on prices. It is a short run to Cork city as well

It's part of the Choice Hotel group, they operate the Clarion hotels also, I would echo AZ's sentiments on that hotel, we stayed there twice when the kids were young. Ticked a lot of boxes.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

BennyCake

Are there any ferries from Ireland to Cornwall in the summer season? Or what about to the Lake District?

Hound

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 17, 2017, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 17, 2017, 04:26:05 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2017, 09:00:19 AM
Thanks a million everyone. Much appreciated. Hound, definitely would love to do a cruise, but I'm hoping to save up and do a bit of a spin around the Caribbean. I think this year it's more the standard sun for 10 days. Hotel, Pool, Beach, with activities for young lad and lady. Thanks again lads, I'll definitely take a look at all of those.
Yeah, Caribbean cruise was the first one I did and we'd a great time.
But if I'd a choice between doing another Caribbean cruise and another Med cruise, I'd definitely choose the latter. Just the destinantions are so much more interesting for me.

The Alaska cruise I did though was the absolute king (and most expensive of course!)

What companies have you cruised with Hound? Note to others - need to pick the right cruises, as certain companies target different audiences (age groups etc), though there are also mixed bag cruises
I've always gone Royal Caribbean. Can't remember why I chose them at first (about 10 or 12 years ago), but never had a reason to change.  We go on a cruise as our family vacation, once every 2 or 3 years. Done Caribbean, Med, Alaska, Norwegian fjiords, Northern Spain/France, and doing Baltic this summer.

Targetman

A few of us heading to Prague for a long weekend, any tips on what to do or see, can't spend the whole time on the beer!!

Boycey

As with most Eastern Europe cities the architecture is stunning.. Charles Bridge (go see it during the day AND after dark) Prague Castle, Astronomical Clock plus various Cathedrals all worth a look around. There's a big f**k off hill with a tower on top with excellent views of the city, get a taxi up if ur hungover it nearly killed me... If ur looking an organised outing a lot of shooting ranges take groups and let u fire all sorts of weapons.. the old town is great and has plenty of bars and is cheap enough but move back a couple of streets and u will find fantastic local bars, with seriously cheap beer and goulash.

The strip joint across the road from Angels is cheaper by the way  ;)

Targetman

Cheers for the info especially the last bit!!

The Bearded One

Need help please!
Headed to Paris for 2 full days..arrive early AM and depart late PM on the second day. Have never been and would like a good quality hotel that will allow us to visit the main tourist sites? Any suggestions welcome please.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Rois

The metro is great in Paris and if you don't mind walking around, you'll get to see whatever you need to see from any hotel near a metro station.
I stayed in one between Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe that was beautiful but not for all tastes - Le Dokhan's.  Very French - small rooms with a champagne bar downstairs and a lift lined with Louis Vuitton leather. No gym or pool or anything.

If I was going back, I'd probably look for the Trocadero area again.

Aerlik

I'm about to click over the half-century mark so decided to do something different.
I'm heading off to S.America in three weeks to join a motorcycle tour through Chile, Bolivia and Peru.  The highlight will be waking up on my birthday and fulfilling a long-held ambition of going to Machu Picchu.  Can't wait.  Oh, and there's Death Road Bolivia thrown in for good measure, as is Lake Titicaca and some other things I can't spell.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Boycey

Quote from: Aerlik on February 27, 2017, 02:41:09 PM
I'm about to click over the half-century mark so decided to do something different.
I'm heading off to S.America in three weeks to join a motorcycle tour through Chile, Bolivia and Peru.  The highlight will be waking up on my birthday and fulfilling a long-held ambition of going to Machu Picchu.  Can't wait.  Oh, and there's Death Road Bolivia thrown in for good measure, as is Lake Titicaca and some other things I can't spell.

Good on ya sir, I'm crossing that threshold myself late next year and have been promising myself I'll mark the occasion by doing something memorable. It probably won't be that strenuous but enjoy.. My 1st thought actually was based around the Ashes in Australia, specifically the Christmas and New Years tests in Melbourne and Sydney but they're taking place this Winter unfortunately. It'll probably be something sporting though, maybe The Masters...

Rois

Quote from: Aerlik on February 27, 2017, 02:41:09 PM
Firstly, how was the trip Aerlik?

Secondly, has anyone on here flown from the US to Cuba recently?  I want to combine both on a holiday (beach time in Florida, cultural excursions in Cuba) and have read loads about the US-enforced requirements to leave the US for Cuba.  Just wanted to check if anyone's done it and had to explain themselves to the US officials on re-entry to the states (I've been reading that virtually no one has been questioned on their self-certification). 

PMG1

I have flights booked to Carcassonne in South West France leaving Dublin on 6th July, returning 20th July, unfortunately cannot go as my wife just had major surgery (bone marrow transplant) and cannot get a refund on my travel insurance as it was an illness she had at the time of booking.  Ryanair wont let me cancel it so if any of you know of anyone that these flights would suit can you pm me.

Is there any websites where you can sell flights like this or would anyone have any tips on how I could get money back on it?

gerrykeegan

Why not change the date? Move it on a number of months. We had to do that recently. It will cost you. I wrote to them and asked about considering a refund of the cost of changing the dates. The actually did refund it.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)