Laois Senior Hurlers 2023

Started by mcwregor, November 18, 2022, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Rosenallis gave a walkover so that's score different gone. Borris beat Aleix as they taught to make the Sfinals as it went on a head to head which borris won. SO some mess up with the bye laws now by the county board which Aleix are appealing on. If Aleix win the appeal I hear Borris/kcotton are going further with it so might never be a league Sfinal or final played this year.

Laois man

Any views on the senior hurling club Cship starting next week. Camross after winning the div 1 league final look the form team.

finbar o tool

Anyone else think it's a bit bizarre having our senior hurling championship on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings?? Surely they could have planned for 2 x double headers, Saturday and Sunday.
Predictions are Camross, Rosenalis, Rathdowney errill and Abbeyleix to win first rounds. Although I expect all games to be tight, except for maybe the Camross game.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

burdizzo

Possibly staggered partly because of lack of refs., but more so due to need to get senior games played before intermediate?

The PRO

The All-Ireland final is next Sunday so they want to leave it free of club games.

finbar o tool

Yea fair points I suppose! Hopefully it can be set up better for the 2nd round.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Laois man

Hopefully it will be a good Cship. Had to pick a winner and who will be go d to senior B. County board should do a 20euro pass for these 4 games. If not its 40 euro costly if your going to them all.

Galtee1

Hard to look past Ballacolla or Rathdowney for the championship. The murmurs coming from Rathdowney are good and seem to be flying under new management. Seemingly played Thurles Sarsfields in a challenge and bet them by 8 or 9 points.
However, I think The Harps are dark horses this year, new management also and seem to be all rowing in behind the set up.

Sir Alex7

It was ballacolla that beat thurles sarsfields.. Was played 2 or 3 days b4 de league final against camross

Galtee1

I believe Rathdowney also played them.
Camross looked good tonight, 3:22 is fair shooting and left a good few scores behind them also.
Hard fathom how Mossy Keyes couldn't nail a starting place for Laois this year.

Zooming around

Will Dan Shanahan stay on with Laois now that he is part of Ken McGrath's backroom team with the Waterford U20s?

clonadsane

Quote from: Zooming around on July 20, 2023, 11:26:12 AM
Will Dan Shanahan stay on with Laois now that he is part of Ken McGrath's backroom team with the Waterford U20s?
I'm sure he'll stay on, he'll want his 241 car, can't be going around in an old model

clonadmad

Quote from: clonadsane on July 20, 2023, 11:59:28 AM
Quote from: Zooming around on July 20, 2023, 11:26:12 AM
I'm sure he'll stay on, he'll want his 241 car, can't be going around in an old model

He won't be staying on

Ogie

Camross looked sharp in first game but Castletown were very poor

Rathdowney Errill Clough Ballacolla never came to life after the heavy rain at start of game, both sets of forwards poor on the night apart from Ross King, who was the difference.

€10 in for each game, a page for a programme, no team / change announcements, no injury / extra time indicated by officials