National Football League Division 4 2023

January 28/29 – Sligo (Away)
February 4/5 – Wexford (Home)
February 18/19 – Carlow (Away)
February 25/26 – Waterford (Home)
March 4/5 – Wicklow (Home)
March 18/19 – Leitrim (Away)
March 26 – London (Away)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

georgedoylesrightleg

these fixtures are not confirmed yet so take care lads.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on November 10, 2022, 09:20:26 PM
these fixtures are not confirmed yet so take care lads.
The London one is set in stone though as apparently teams have to know well in advance to plan travel.
Book the flights!🙂
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Butch Cassidy

Seniors back training? Any word of a training panel? Hopefully some Port lads commit over the next few weeks, deserve a well earned break

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on November 24, 2022, 09:45:28 PM
Seniors back training? Any word of a training panel? Hopefully some Port lads commit over the next few weeks, deserve a well earned break
Ross Munnelly is not back training. Fair play to him, he absolutely gave it his all for nearly 20 years and owes Laois nothing. Probably stayed a little longer than he needed to but according to lads that were on the squads with him for the last couple of years, he was still flying fit and leaving plenty of the young lads behind.

Laois Rising

You only have to look at the Laois intermediate championship to see that he was on a par if not ahead of other forwards on the county panel these last few years. If Ross was 22 and playing and scoring the way he did in this year's intermediate championship there would huge call out for him to be in with the panel for the coming year. This argument that Ross should have stepped away from Laois panel years ago is ridiculous. You pick the best players possible that are available to you and he definitely fell into that category. It was up to the younger players to step up to mark and dislodge Ross from the panel. In fairness, Mark Barry to take one example took his opportunity and was rewarded with a starting place for the county. Ross was not stopping anyone who was genuinely good enough from playing for Laois. I would suggest getting to train alongside the likes of Munnelly and seeing his dedication and professionalism could only be a good thing for the development of younger players. I'd have no problem seeing him return to the panel in 2023 if he still has the time and hunger for it. If he decides to call it a day it he has served Laois football exceptionally and will deserve all the platitudes that will no doubt come his way.

Butch Cassidy

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on November 30, 2022, 07:44:15 PM
Do you know who's in training SCFC?
Nope, sorry, was just chatting to a minor player's parent who has been in the Centre of Excellence a few nights the seniors were also in there and he mentioned that Ross wasn't back.

Jd

Sean o neill niall gorman sean greene the graigue centre forward from carlow originally are aĺl in. Niall corbett is in but seems to be outfield only young swaine from portlaoise in. No sign of Brody theyre the few newish lads I'd know offhand

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Jd on December 01, 2022, 09:22:33 PM
Sean o neill niall gorman sean greene the graigue centre forward from carlow originally are aĺl in. Niall corbett is in but seems to be outfield only young swaine from portlaoise in. No sign of Brody theyre the few newish lads I'd know offhand

Jaysus only 1 from Portlaoise ??

Jd

Ah no I know Kieran Lillis is definitely in too.Gareth Dillont isnt though theres plenty of lads I wouldnt recognise. Them lads are just a few newer faces .

Spiritof86

Quote from: Jd on December 01, 2022, 09:22:33 PM

Centre forward from Carlow ? Is that Lee Walker Jd ? Could be a good addition

Jd

Yeah I think thats his name alright. Blonde hair chap. I've not seen any Port  lads yet. Timmons back in Paul Kingston in no sign of Donie

Butch Cassidy