Tailteann Cup 2023

Started by Laoiseabu, May 01, 2023, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Quote from: Spiritof86 on June 28, 2023, 04:19:14 PM
Quote from: Chrimtain on June 28, 2023, 09:51:10 AM
The silence from the County Board is deafening. We need to hear from them. Their reaction to Sunday's debacle should not be kept behind closed doors. They need to talk to the wider Laois GAA public.

They owe it to the people who buy the jerseys, the match day tickets, even those who support Laois GAA by entering the All County Draw. Most of these people do not have access to secretive County Board meetings.

Deafening!!? Really ?Ah would you stop . It's  been three days ffs .  Yes they are  as culpable as anyone else in this mess but this is not the Premier league here .
Things will happen and Sheehan will be gone and the current CB will be come under scrutiny deservingly and be replaced .

However let's look at the alternatives lads . There is no one exactly putting their hand up here . There is a ballot and vote every year and I have seen no new individuals willing to put their lot in with Laois or even attempt too in the past 5-8 years . There has been a few half hearted attempts and when the going gets tough they feck off . These are all voluntary positions for the most part .

Saying that this whole concept in place of secret County Board meetings is absolutely ludicrous . This initially was meant to be a 6 month thing but yet here we are ..

No new faces because people have lost interest. It was the same in Offaly. People put their hand up when the conditions are right. They're far from right at the moment

Spiritof86

We need to stop comparing ourselves to Offaly . They have a history of winning Leinster titles and All-Irelands . We do not have the same history .
We have no one of Michael Duignans calibre at the moment.

Conditions been right is an easy scapegoat . Between Colm Browne's first reign as Laois manager and the appointment of Justin McNulty I didn't see wholesale changes at County Board level . Correct me if I'm wrong . Same faces perhaps different roles .

High Fielder

So what needs to happen Spiritof86? They've made calls for additional help and nobody answered the call. Surely that tells you that they have lost the Laois public?

Spiritof86

Quote from: High Fielder on June 28, 2023, 06:40:44 PM
So what needs to happen Spiritof86? They've made calls for additional help and nobody answered the call. Surely that tells you that they have lost the Laois public?

Absolutely they have lost the Laois public High Fielder . That trust has long gone .

There is a complete lack of transparency . The County Board is essentially a closed book .
I've no idea what happens next . It is more than likely going to take a couple of individuals who are currently involved in the county board to make a significant stand .

As much as the local media may write a semi controversial article or people post their distaste on social media nothing will happen until a couple of individuals directly involved with the County Board make an emphatic statement about the current malaise .

High Fielder

So if everything this Board do is shrouded in secrecy (the result of which only benefits themselves) why would potentially interested candidates buy into that? Why would anyone devote their precious time to an Administration that don't want us to know anything? Are we meant to trust them? I don't. Are we meant to trust the process that keeps them there? I don't. And are we supposed to accept that these people are the best people to drive Laois GAA forward? I don't. 

The very fact that they close ranks and don't stand down is odd to me. It makes me suspicious, and I'm afraid to say their media ban does nothing to dampen that suspicion. They will eventually make a concession to try and muster support and open the gate a little, but it's gone too far for me. We deserve the opportunity to try something different and make things better for Laois GAA. Things really couldn't be any worse than they are just now. As always, nothing personal, however the County is bigger than those who administrate it

Chrimtain

It would appear that there was a meeting of the CB Executive Committee earlier this week. Was what happened in Croke Park last Sunday discussed? Who knows? Does the Laois GAA public need to know? Apparently not.

Giovanni

Quote from: High Fielder on June 29, 2023, 06:57:24 AM
So if everything this Board do is shrouded in secrecy (the result of which only benefits themselves) why would potentially interested candidates buy into that? Why would anyone devote their precious time to an Administration that don't want us to know anything? Are we meant to trust them? I don't. Are we meant to trust the process that keeps them there? I don't. And are we supposed to accept that these people are the best people to drive Laois GAA forward? I don't. 

The very fact that they close ranks and don't stand down is odd to me. It makes me suspicious, and I'm afraid to say their media ban does nothing to dampen that suspicion. They will eventually make a concession to try and muster support and open the gate a little, but it's gone too far for me. We deserve the opportunity to try something different and make things better for Laois GAA. Things really couldn't be any worse than they are just now. As always, nothing personal, however the County is bigger than those who administrate it

I have to agree with all this. A basic pre-condition for generating a broad-based support is to have real transparency in the debates and decision-making. It really is very counterproductive if basic information is being obscured.