Laois Senior Football Championship 2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 27, 2020, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

This of all years is Port's to win. I think they will not only win the senior cship this year but it could signal the dawn of a new super power in Laois football. Port to win this year and maybe even string a few together. Huge underage talent there.

Keyser Söze

I wouldn't underestimate how difficult it is to put county championships back to back in either code in any county! Winning a county final does not appear to be beyond Port. Talk of stringing a few together consecutively is nonsense.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoiseabu

I'm not sure if any of you are aware but port are missing Paddy OSullivan , Sean Byrne , Alex Mohan, Robbie Pigott, Jake Foster , Ronan Coffey , Stuart Mulpeter all through injury or being out of the country .

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 06, 2020, 12:32:13 AM
I'm not sure if any of you are aware but port are missing Paddy OSullivan , Sean Byrne , Alex Mohan, Robbie Pigott, Jake Foster , Ronan Coffey , Stuart Mulpeter all through injury or being out of the country .

They may just fall short of 5 in a row in that case. Pity.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Portlaoise v Ballylinan - Portlaoise comfortably
Courtwood v O'Dempsey's - O'Dempseys comfortably
Rosenallis v Ballyfin - Think Ballyfin will edge this but John O'Loughlin a huge boost to Rosenallis
Stradbally v Portarlington - Port but not by a huge margin
Arles-Killeen v Graiguecullen - Graigue should beat Killeen without Paul Kingston
The Heath v Arles-Kilcruise - This could be very tight. I think The Heath will scrape through
Killeshin v Emo - Emo will relish this and could pull off a mild surprise.
Ballyroan-Abbey v St Joseph's - Word is Joseph's are going well and BA aren't but can't see it being anything other than close. Joseph's to win by 3 or 4.

SpeculativeEffort

Ive heard 1-2 of those are injured. Would be confident that at least 3-4 of those are available. Port are the team to beat IMO.

Helix.

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on August 06, 2020, 11:07:29 AM

Ive heard 1-2 of those are injured. Would be confident that at least 3-4 of those are available. Port are the team to beat IMO.

Stradbally will give them a good game nonetheless. Had a lot of injuries last year and some new additions and Gary comerford back seemingly will be an addition. Wouldn't surprise me if they manage to get a result. They'll be at least better than last year.

town1980

portlaoise to win well
o dempseys to win well
roseanalis to edge it
stradbally to edge it
graigue to win well
heath to edge it
emo to edge it
st joesphs to win well

merman

Said I'd show how little I know about football.... :o

Portlaoise v Ballylinan - Portlaoise
Courtwood v O'Dempsey's - O' Dempseys
Rosenallis v Ballyfin - Draw (Ballyfin in the replay)
Stradbally v Portarlington - Portarlington
Arles-Killeen v Graiguecullen - Killeen
The Heath v Arles-Kilcruise - Draw (Kilcruise in the replay)
Killeshin v Emo - Killeshin
Ballyroan-Abbey v St Joseph's - St Joseph's

Silkyskillssunshinee

Slight surprise tonight. Sounded like a poor enough quality game. I thought St Joseph's would have a real go this year with the management set-up they have, but doesn't look like it now. Ballyroan Abbey might make a quarter-final.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

i eat humble pie ,,great win for bally/abbey sounded a poor game it was the opposite they  got lucky i wont lie but another point of playing the game till the very end reminded me of strads final win,well done to them

Moregroundhurling

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 05, 2020, 11:25:32 PM
Predictions:

Portlaoise to hammer Ballylinan.
Courtwood to upset neighbours O'Dempsey's
Rosenallis to make a flying start to Senior life by beating Ballyfin
Stradbally tend to be a bit of a bogey team for Port, they might edge it
Graiguecullen to comfortably beat Killeen
The Heath to edge Kilcruise
Emo to surprise last year's beaten finalists Killeshin
St Joseph's to defeat Ballyroan Abbey and will be closest challengers to Portlaoise.

I doubt anyone involved in St Joseph's Gaa slept last night. They were full value for their loss. Hang onto the ball and keep it away from one player and they couldn't do it. Nothing creative, nothing new and unfit aswel. Couldn't get back down the field to defend in the last five minutes.

Whenever teams get handed a favourites tag to topple the town they same to capitulate much like the Heath and I Dempseys in previous years. Joe's your up.

Well done Ballyroan, huge losses and setbacks but managed to grind it out with a new team.

redsetanta

Joe's looked to be well placed to do something this year particularly with the management they had in place. Maybe they will use this kick up the arse to improve and learn some lessons.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi