Football Club

Started by twentyfourseven, September 18, 2019, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twentyfourseven

Bit late  in the season for 2019 but can anyone advise on a football only club I could play a bit with for next year. Never actually played Gaelic so that's my level!

Laoiseabu

What part of Laois are you living in ?

SCFC

Not too many clubs will turn anyone down. Theres always room for one more on a junior b or c squad! Depends where you're based really.

twentyfourseven

Anywhere remotely near the M7 to be honest! Club is more important than location.

Joeythelips

Clubs like Courtwood or Emo may suit as they are basically football only clubs, they are senior teams though. Courtwood have a junior C side also.

Laoiseabu

The Heath, Emo, Courtwood are all on the M7 and are football only clubs

Jd

Courtwood are operating in junior c with their second team o Dempsey's are the other side of the road and have 3 teams they'd be your first two inside the co bounds after coming off m7 at monasterevin

twentyfourseven

Thanks all. Are there any Junior only football clubs in the county?

Pablo Escobar

Kilcavan and Barrowhouse would be football only clubs who will be playing their highest grade at Junior A next season . Kilcavan in the north of the county  between Mountmellick and Geashill, Barrowhouse in the South between Athy and Carlow . Both small rural clubs that would traditionally work off small squads .

steven seagal

You're best bet would probably be Park-Ratheniska or Annanough. Both are relatively close to the motorway, Park-Ratheniska are a dual club but their football team play at Junior level. Annanough are intermediate but they're a small rural club who field a Junior C team as well, which is a good place to start out if you haven't played before. They'd be low on numbers and would welcome any new recruit I would imagine. They'd only be about 5 minutes from Junction 15. The Heath are right on the motorway as well, but they're a senior club and their second team is Junior A, so maybe a club that has a Junior C team would be better for you. Courtwood and O'Dempsey's are only about 10 minutes from the motorway as well, but both are senior clubs who also field teams in the lower grades. Hope that helps, fair play to you for taking it up, best of luck.

twentyfourseven

Thanks for that guys. Very helpful. I play hurling with a club so I think it has to be a football only club and junior would be my level obviously.

Unlaoised

Quote from: twentyfourseven on September 24, 2019, 10:37:49 AM
Thanks for that guys. Very helpful. I play hurling with a club so I think it has to be a football only club and junior would be my level obviously.

Eddie Brennan play with courtwood it's your local team 🦒
LAOIS ABÚ

twentyfourseven

Follow up here as 2020 never happened.

If you are registered with a hurling only club is it a new registration with a football club? Or do you transfer as such? Do you exist separately as a hurler and a footballer?

BallyroanAbu

Firstly is your Hurling Club in Laois ? As you can only play with a separate Hurling & Football Club within the County.  If you are playing Hurling in Kilkenny you cannot then play Football in Laois.   Also you can only play in Laois with another Club if your current Club does not play Football.  Also you must have the agreement of said Club in Laois.  After that most things can be worked out.