Hurling123

/U15          
Arrabawn A QF   Score              Arrabawn B QF   Score
Limerick v Clare   4-22 3-14              Galway 1 v Laois   3-17 3-18
Tipperary v Cork 2   1-22 2-10      Galway 2 v Dublin 2   5-21 0-07
Wexford v Waterford   1-16 0-21       Dublin 1 v Tipperary 2   
Cork 1 v Kilkenny   3-18 1-19     Kilkenny 2 v Offaly 1   7-18 1-18

copy and paste from the score at weekend
if you believe that Galway put there second team out against Laois and there first team v Dublin 2 fire away who am i to argue with you. as you see Galway have only two teams in the competition.
i certainly see it as a good win for a Laois team.

Certainly hope they put in a good performance the next day out.
as per previous post Tony Forristal and sonny walsh placings are based on results up to that date in the u14 competition along with the fact how your county preformed the previous year. Laois had decided to play the early round of this competition using divisional team.
North laois, South laois , east laois and West laois .so both laois south would play one half and north the second half(and vice versa for the other laois  team West and east) it was to try and get as many involved as possible it didnt work out to well.  laois had intended to play the last two rounds as academy teams A and B .
the last date to qualify for Tony F and Sonny walsh was due to be held in thurles on the 6th of august , on friday night Declan Quirke lost his life.Rip
the format was changed from the original fixture because there was no  means of telling where team stood .hence laois 1 played cork first won by 2 points played wexford next and won well . 
as per my reaching out to you to get involved i don't doubt you may have been involved before but maybe if you care so much now's the time to get involved again ??if this u15 team has some future we all need to help ???

mcwregor

Is it just me or is all that very confusing?
1) Is Galway 1 their best 15 and galway 2 their second string? Or are they 2 teams divided evenly?
2) Are the first games on each line the A quarter finals and the second game on each line the B comp?
3) if no 2 is the case then had galway 2 teams in the b comp?

SpeculativeEffort

Without meaning it to be insulting but everytime @Hurling123 adds something I get even more confused 😕

Blow-in

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on July 27, 2023, 11:49:00 PM
Lots of waffle posted here

The results from last years Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh which I linked to,in a previous post don't lie

The results from this years Arrabawn u15 competition being played the end of August won't lie either

I have spoken to a few people in the past few days given the posts here from Hurling123 that are a lot closer to the u15's that what I would be

The difference between the u15 Hurling and Football set ups this year are night and day in terms of coaching,communication and organisation

The u15 hurlers have undoubted potential but the set up is shambolic

I witnessed it a few months back v Limerick in the CoE

I've also been in on other business and stood and watched training sessions which consisted of laps,backs and forwards and the 3 mentors chatting amongst themselves with no input or direction or coaching towards the players

If you don't believe me ,I'd ask you all to look into the u15 hurling set up and draw your own conclusions

I also am led to believe the u14 Hurling Squad is well organised.

Zooming around

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 27, 2023, 11:45:19 PM
Without meaning it to be insulting but everytime @Hurling123 adds something I get even more confused 😕

Thanks be to jaysus there's someone else. I thought it was just me.

Ogie

U14 Hurling Squad had one mentor with them only in Thurles last weekend,
Farcical set up too from the word go

clonadmad

Quote from: Ogie on July 28, 2023, 03:26:41 PM
U14 Hurling Squad had one mentor with them only in Thurles last weekend,
Farcical set up too from the word go

Sweet Jesus

Laois man

One mentor can't be with a team on his own anymore Gaa rules every club knows that so how's is this happening?

clonadmad

Result from the Arrabawn B  Cup  Semi Final Competition played in Cappawhite this morning

This would be the third level of the competition after the A Cup and Shield

Laois first Team v the Galway third team.

Laois 0:09
Galway 5:25

https://twitter.com/tipperarybng/status/1695399645340451191

https://twitter.com/tipperarybng/status/1695420272818401427?s=20

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2023, 02:38:12 PM
Result from the Arrabawn B  Cup  Semi Final Competition played in Cappawhite this morning

This would be the third level of the competition after the A Cup and Shield

Laois first Team v the Galway third team.

Laois 0:09
Galway 5:25

https://twitter.com/tipperarybng/status/1695399645340451191

https://twitter.com/tipperarybng/status/1695420272818401427?s=20

As expected by those who know. And we were led to believe that Laois were better than Galway.

Some lads need to realise that it is better to say nothing and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt.

clonadmad

Laois then played  in the B Cup third and fourth place playoff against Kilkenny's second team

Laois 3-08
Kilkenny 8-19

clonadmad

Quote from: Giovanni on August 27, 2023, 10:02:40 PM
https://x.com/laoisgaels/status/1695799683371671760?s=46&t=grubKL1RsOWb2cojdN51-Q

The second team didn't play in the Arrabawn finals in Tipperary as they didn't qualify for the semifinals at any level.

The second team played in Dublin yesterday

mcwregor

These development squad results are very worrying. We are so far off the pace now even a monumental effort from all people involved couldnt arrest this slide. That's if there was ever a monumental effort made. Can see that happening. In addition are laois gaels masking the slide by putting up misleading posts of academy squad development? A semi final appearance against galway in the arrabawn cup would lead you to believe that we made the last 4 of the top teams in the country. From talking to people and reading this forum it is no surprise that we are where we are.
For the next two years we should be highly competitive at county under 20 level. While a lot of people were disappointed at losing to Westmeath this year I would point out that approx 11 players that saw action that evening are eligible to play u20 next year.
There needed to be a serious management team put in place. Considering the flak the county board have taken over the past few months they need to get a bounce out of some team next year. It needed to be an ultra-professional set up with a comprehensive S&C winter programme in order to bulk up to the physical levels required at this level. Unfortunately I am not convinced with the management team put in place. I have absolutely nothing against any of them and I am sure they are all good lads at a certain level but you would have to question what experience they have and what they have achieved to date. No doubt the county board would hit back with 'they were the best available from those who applied for the job'! Instead of putting a plan in place to search for and get the best man/men they could for the job(inside or outside the county). As things stand, In my view this team is more important than the senior team. Reason being if they are managed and developed properly they might have the potential to improve our fortunes somewhat at senior level in the next few years. The current senior hurling team have a ceiling on the level that they can achieve. Joe McDonagh is there for them alright but how much can they progress beyond that?
The lack of ambition or forward planning is depressing.
From last year's team the following are eligible;
Tom Cuddy
Cathal Cuddy
Aaron Phelan
Joe Pearson
Ciaran Flynn
Bobby Murphy
Cody Comerford
Brian Duggan
Jer Quinlan
Colin Byrne
Brochan O'Reilly