The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni

Of course if a card could be taken at the gate, then that would be perfect. Like Burdizzo, I prefer to make a last minute decision to attend a game depending on what else is going on. I don't think people should be expected to plan to the extent that they are asked to do at the moment.

clonadmad

Quote from: Giovanni on October 12, 2022, 04:09:40 PM
Of course if a card could be taken at the gate, then that would be perfect. Like Burdizzo, I prefer to make a last minute decision to attend a game depending on what else is going on. I don't think people should be expected to plan to the extent that they are asked to do at the moment.

How hard is it to buy a ticket though

Once you set up an account which is less than 5 mins

It takes less than a minute to buy a ticket each time

I'm presuming it takes you longer to get there than that unless your living in the likes of Parkside

But they should be giving the option of paying by credit card,a lot of counties seem to be doing that

Giovanni

It's probably not very difficult but I prefer not to have accounts and passwords and usernames if I can avoid it at all.

Of course I will still go to the matches that hold a special interest for me but I won't bother the ones that hold a casual interest. It seems I'm not the only one.

Laois man

Any updates on what laois people are on Wille mangerment team.?

clonadmad

Quote from: Giovanni on October 12, 2022, 06:18:18 PM
It's probably not very difficult but I prefer not to have accounts and passwords and usernames if I can avoid it at all.

Of course I will still go to the matches that hold a special interest for me but I won't bother the ones that hold a casual interest. It seems I'm not the only one.

So your not on social media,message boards,don't use a credit card,don't have a bank account etc?

Fair play to you if you can live off the grid and don't give your data details to the likes of Zuckerberg

Your an example to us all

Giovanni

Wow! You are taking quite a few impressive leaps of logic there! I never said any of these things!

As a matter of fact, my point was precisely the opposite. I already have too many accounts, passwords, and online engagements and I've come to the conclusion that these should be limited to the extent possible.

You are, of course, welcome to remain a centrepiece of "the grid" and I certainly won't pour scorn on you for that. I just have a different way of looking at it and I think I'm entitled to that view.

Laois man

3 U15 hurling finals on tomorrow must be nearly the last finals of the year. Best of luck to all clubs involved. Harps and Ctown in the A final in O Moore at 12.30pm 2 good teams harps very strong underage.

Robbo

Quote from: Laois man on October 14, 2022, 07:20:18 PM
3 U15 hurling finals on tomorrow must be nearly the last finals of the year. Best of luck to all clubs involved. Harps and Ctown in the A final in O Moore at 12.30pm 2 good teams harps very strong underage.

Thats some casltown team. Very strong all over.
Ballyfin and park/T won other games.

Laois man

Ctown had a great first half some fine hurlers on that team lost there way a bit in the second half but a few lads with injuries and there was some wind there. Park had a good win after Extra time.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Laois man on October 14, 2022, 07:20:18 PM
In fairness to The Harps they get to a lot if underage finals, surely has to translate to the progression of their senior team in the coming years

Robbo

Quote from: Laois man on October 15, 2022, 03:20:59 PM
Ctown had a great first half some fine hurlers on that team lost there way a bit in the second half but a few lads with injuries and there was some wind there. Park had a good win after Extra time.

A lot fine footballers on that c/Town team too. Lost a semi-final joined with ballyfin last week. Injurys played a part.
I think a good few of those lads will be strong senior hurlers in a few years.

The harps should target been the next team to make a senior final outsider of the current big 4. Foundation's def there. Lots of hurlers coming through

Keyser Söze

This is going to come across a bit shitty, but...

It would have been a set back for Laois hurling had The Harps been relegated again instead of Ballinakill.

Too much talent there/coming through to be hurling anywhere but senior.

You'd have to wonder why it isn't translating.

Very close to breaking through in the late 1990s under John Bourke and not too far away under John Taylor in the mid 2010s. But when both teams fell short they fell away badly.

I do think it will take somebody from outside to eventually inspire a breakthrough.
I wonder would Tullaroan direction provide someone!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 15, 2022, 04:52:13 PM
This is going to come across a bit shitty, but...

It would have been a set back for Laois hurling had The Harps been relegated again instead of Ballinakill.

Too much talent there/coming through to be hurling anywhere but senior.

You'd have to wonder why it isn't translating.

Very close to breaking through in the late 1990s under John Bourke and not too far away under John Taylor in the mid 2010s. But when both teams fell short they fell away badly.

I do think it will take somebody from outside to eventually inspire a breakthrough.
I wonder would Tullaroan direction provide someone!
Fair point. I do know from a few lads out that way that they were crippled with emigration in the last 10 years. Prominent players like Kevin galvin, Sean bourke, 2 delahuntys, ciaran fitz, pakie flynn for example. They seem to lose a lot of players after underage whereas traditionally camross and now C/B are retaining all their underage talent and making them stronger.
But the likes of The Harps, Abbeyleix and Castletown have a great chance over the next few years to be contesting semi finals and finals. The likes of BK and RE are ageing teams with no way near the calibre of underage talent as the aforementioned 3 clubs

Keyser Söze

The trick will be for one of those 3 to appear in semis & finals year after year.
A semi final here or there is good fortune/luck of the draw.

Semi finals every year is progress.

Teams don't come from nowhere to win finals.
The first step is being at the business end every year.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois Rising

Had the Harps been relegated it would have been a set back to them but sometimes going down a level, especially with a young team can be beneficial. Gaining adult hurling championship experience and winning games would create a positively that can be carried into the following year. A team like the Harps could win a county premier intermediate title and give Leinster and possibly even an All-Ireland title a right rattle. I said this 12 months ago about Abbeyleix and it appears that there is a good buzz around the team this year with their young players really progressing they hopefully they will challenge for Leinster this year.  Would expect them to challenge one or two teams in senior championship next year.