Author Topic: Laois Senior Hurlers 2023  (Read 7537 times)

redsetanta

• View Profile
Re: Laois Senior Hurlers 2023
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »
What do you think of the starting team for tomorrow against Tipp?

Paddy Purcell on the bench. Is he carrying a knock?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2023, 04:56:54 PM »
Good team and a very strong bench. If lads can put in a big shift for 50 minutes the oncoming subs won't weaken the team in any way. I'd be very happy with that. I'd be happier to see Podge in the half back line but I can understand why he's back there. Looking forward to it.

burdizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2023, 06:37:42 PM »

Heard he was on holidays?

G@@

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2023, 08:16:12 PM »

Heard he was on holidays?
Maybe he was and is just back - a well deserved one if he was and I hope the county board gave him a few bob too.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois man

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2023, 09:59:37 PM »
Nice to see a few new faces starting. Martin Phelan and Duggan had a good walsh Cup run.

on the hop

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2023, 08:01:12 PM »
with westmeath getting a trimming as well today and antrim trying hard but ultimately failing at home, this league already is a farce. they would be nearly better reverting back to the old system of 8 teams in each division, at least teams could play teams at there own level without getting trimmed in every game.

burdizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2023, 08:02:44 PM »
Agree completely. But I think it's set up that way so the big teams need never worry about being relegated.

Spiritof86

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2023, 08:26:37 PM »
Whatís even more bewildering is chatting to Laois folk in the Thurles last night and believing we could get one over Tipp !!
Absolute rubbish . Does anyone actually know whatís going on behind the scenes in Laois Gaa ? Complete farce . Our players deserve better .

Giovanni

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2023, 10:28:13 AM »
Donít know whatís going on behind the scenes but I donít think that affected the outcome of the game on Saturday night. The level of athleticism in that Tipperary team was just incredible. I was one of those who thought weíd give them a game, thinking that Tipp were in transition. I donít know whether they can improve their conditioning further but if they can and sharpen their shooting a bit, they must be serious contenders for the All Ireland this year. Our lads actually didnít play too badly but the task was just too much this time. For us, I thought Rowlands puckouts were really excellent, Podge, Jack Kelly and Hartnett were good in the backs. The two Keyes did well and PJ Scully had some good moments but otherwise the forwards were completely choked.