PFA team of the season

Started by Clown, January 29, 2009, 11:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: Clown on February 17, 2009, 12:08:23 PM
you have to laugh at the current campaign to get ryan giggs the footballer of the year award

one goal for an attack minded midfielder/ winger

ok he played well against chelsea and on sunday against derby but come on, there is no way he has been the best player in the premiership this season. on itv on sunday nite they were suggesting he shud get it cos he hasnt got it before! laughable
another player i noticed on sunday, tim cahill, now he has had a much better season but no mention of him picking up any awards  (just one example)

Alan Hansen was bigging Giggs up for player of the year in his column on the BBC website yesterday. The bookies have him 2nd favourite behind Vidic for the award. Having a decent season but he is not a guaranteed starter in Fergies team anyway and will be interesting to see if he would make their strongest team come the end of the season.

Minder

It shows what a nonsense these awards have become if Giggs was even in the top 10 candidates.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Gk: VDS (just because of the record as he hasn't had much to do)

RB: Johnson
CB: Vidic (easy choice)
CB: Jagielka
LB: Don't know, nobody really stands out

RM: Arteta
CM: Lucas er Alonso
CM:Gerrard
LM: Young

F: Robinho
F: Anelka (even though he does nothing against big teams)

Subs

Given
Ireland
Skrtel
Agbonlahor
Parker

fred the red

Quote from: gawa316 on February 17, 2009, 09:35:16 PM
Gk: VDS Given

RB: Johnson
CB: Vidic (easy choice)
CB: Jagielka
LB: Baines

RM: Arteta Ireland
CM: Alonso
CM:Gerrard
LM: Young

F: Robinho
F: Anelka

tyroneboi

Nominations for Player of the Year just been announced:

Ferdinand
Vidic
Van der Sar
Giggs
Ronaldo
Gerrard

Young player of the year nominees:

Young
Evans
Ireland
Lennon
Rafael
Agbonalohar

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 14, 2009, 12:06:49 PM

Ferdinand
Vidic
Van der Sar
Giggs
Ronaldo
Gerrard

Young
Evans
Ireland
Lennon
Rafael
Agbonalohar

The nominations list is a bit United-centric right enough but then given the time the nominations were made that could be understandable. Vidic or Gerrard for me. Stephen Ireland must have a great shout for Young POTY.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

Ferdinand
Vidic
Van der Sar
Giggs
Ronaldo
Gerrard

Young
Evans
Ireland
Lennon
Rafael
Agbonalohar

Ou est Frank Lampard?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

Surely Ashley Young and Agbonlahor are too old for young player of the year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Is that Jonny Evans - after his last few games wouldn't have him near a player of the year contender...

magpie seanie

These nominations are a bit dodgy. Rooney has had a far better season than Giggs, Ferdinand and Ronaldo.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2009, 12:36:19 PM
These nominations are a bit dodgy. Rooney has had a far better season than Giggs, Ferdinand and Ronaldo.
Unfashionable players rarely get a look in. Phil Jagielka has had a good year for example.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyroneboi

The nominations are a bit strange to say the least. Sky showed a stat during the clean sheet run that Van der Sar only made 25 saves during that time. Rafael has only played 11 games all season and that warrants a nomination? Lampard and Rooney are probably the most unfortunate to miss out and I would have them in there instead of VDS and Giggs. When Rooney plays, Man U are a totally different proposition.

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 14, 2009, 12:20:01 PM

Ferdinand
Vidic
Van der Sar
Giggs
Ronaldo
Gerrard

Young
Evans
Ireland
Lennon
Rafael
Agbonalohar

The nominations list is a bit United-centric right enough but then given the time the nominations were made that could be understandable. Vidic or Gerrard for me. Stephen Ireland must have a great shout for Young POTY.

More than a good shout TAC, if Ireland does not win it something is wrong.

Can not get over Giggs and Van Der Sar to be honest. Lampard should be in there.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: corn02 on April 14, 2009, 01:02:45 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 14, 2009, 12:20:01 PM

Ferdinand
Vidic
Van der Sar
Giggs
Ronaldo
Gerrard

Young
Evans
Ireland
Lennon
Rafael
Agbonalohar

More than a good shout TAC, if Ireland does not win it something is wrong.

Can not get over Giggs and Van Der Sar to be honest. Lampard should be in there.

young has been super this year 2.3player of themonths in the calender year some going

boojangles

Wouldnt disagree with anyone mentioning Jagielka,Lescott,Cahill,Arteta who have all been outstanding this season and would all be there or thereabouts for team of the season.Jags in particluar should have been nominated for POTY.Superb season.
Baines since he got in the team has been outstanding and has kept Yobo(our most capped player) out of the team.
But I have to disagree about Tony Hibbert, Maybe theres a lack of decent right fulls but there would have to have been someone better. Michael Turner of Hull has had a fine season.But mostly at CB.
I have also seen ManCity alot this season and how Stephen Ireland wasnt nominated ahead of Ronaldo is a disgrace. >:( >:(
Ireland should be a shoe-in for YPOTY