Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2019, 12:10:45 PM
Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2019, 11:24:13 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 04, 2019, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: marty34 on November 04, 2019, 09:17:06 AM
Fair play to Nicola Mallon - that's leadership.  They've made this decision unilaterally i.e. no contact with other parties.

Be interesting to see how the numbers stack up.

I take it no 'dissidents' will be voting!

Ahem, Nicola said on the radio this morning that Michelle was on the phone a week or so ago but nothing was agreed formally and no "pacts" were in place.

I think its sensible politics from the SDLP and if Eastwood does take a seat in Foyle then no harm done IMO.
Shinners need to reciprocate.

Getting shot of Pengelly, Dodds and even Robinson would be some going.

I believe this will happen! Be great

Sinn Fein are stepping down in all 3 seats!!

Still standing against Dobbs in North Belfast, but stepping down in North Down. 
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

Sorry you're right they're stepping aside in N Down/E Belfast/S Belfast.

johnnycool

Quote from: ziggysego on November 04, 2019, 12:19:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2019, 12:10:45 PM
Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2019, 11:24:13 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 04, 2019, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: marty34 on November 04, 2019, 09:17:06 AM
Fair play to Nicola Mallon - that's leadership.  They've made this decision unilaterally i.e. no contact with other parties.

Be interesting to see how the numbers stack up.

I take it no 'dissidents' will be voting!

Ahem, Nicola said on the radio this morning that Michelle was on the phone a week or so ago but nothing was agreed formally and no "pacts" were in place.

I think its sensible politics from the SDLP and if Eastwood does take a seat in Foyle then no harm done IMO.
Shinners need to reciprocate.

Getting shot of Pengelly, Dodds and even Robinson would be some going.

I believe this will happen! Be great

Sinn Fein are stepping down in all 3 seats!!

Still standing against Dobbs in North Belfast, but stepping down in North Down.

Well with the SDLP also standing down in North Belfast, you'd like to think the Shinners would have the decency to give it a good rattle.

The DUP/UDA vote will certainly be energised by these pacts so it's really up to the nationalists to get the finger out and vote.

Shít, I might even have to vote for my old neighbour in Kelly (McGrattan) Armstrong even if she hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of getting rid of Jim the Pig Shannon.

screenexile

Could do with Alliance stepping down/not really trying in North Down then you would think Lady Sylvia will get through handy enough based on the Leave/Remain statistics.

North Belfast is going to be a straight shootout between SF and DUP.

S Belfast similar to North Down you would think Claire Hanna will win that handy enough especially with No SF.

East Belfast has very little chance of voting in Naomi I don't think based on last general election and the Leave/Remain figures I can't see it happening.

A 3 seat drop for DUP would be bad are there any others in play?? I know SF/SDLP will have a close contest in Foyle but is there anywhere else that's vulnerable for anyone?

imtommygunn

They really are the DUP/UDA now too. Nailed their colours to the mast.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JohnDenver

Will Alliance put a hard push on canvassing in NB and SB especially? Or will it be a token effort, to allow them to justify their claim of not entering into pacts and running in every constituency.

I think Naomi Long alluded on twitter to the electorate being intelligent enough to vote for themselves, so hopefully this is the case and the DUP can be wiped from those two seats.

Rois

5 most marginal seats last time were Foyle, FST, North Down, North Belfast and South Belfast.

Ambrose

Sinn Féin will not contest South Belfast, East Belfast or North Down constituencies.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

weareros

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 04, 2019, 12:39:41 PM
Will Alliance put a hard push on canvassing in NB and SB especially? Or will it be a token effort, to allow them to justify their claim of not entering into pacts and running in every constituency.

I think Naomi Long alluded on twitter to the electorate being intelligent enough to vote for themselves, so hopefully this is the case and the DUP can be wiped from those two seats.

I think it is better the Alliance remaining in both NB and SB as they will mop up moderate Unionist votes that would not go green.

marty34

What was the numbers at the last election in NB?

imtommygunn

Just saw a thing on twitter about a banner on the shankill re Finucane and his family. It wasn't exactly very tasteful. This is going to get nasty.

johnnycool

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 04, 2019, 12:29:54 PM
Armstrong is a complete ignoramus. Just cos she's the Alliance Chief Whip at Stormont, she thinks she owns the place. Completely up her own arse.

You'll not getting an argument from me on that front.

RedHand88

Quote from: marty34 on November 04, 2019, 12:48:18 PM

21240 Dodds
19159 Finucane

There were 2k SDLP votes last time which are now up for grabs . It's very much in play.

Ambrose

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2019, 01:05:30 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 04, 2019, 12:48:18 PM

21240 Dodds
19159 Finucane

There were 2k SDLP votes last time which are now up for grabs . It's very much in play.

It just comes down to a good old sectarian head count.
You can't live off history and tradition forever