Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Sinn Féins abortion policy will cost them their seat in Foyle.

TheOptimist

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 30, 2019, 06:07:15 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 30, 2019, 12:11:53 AM
Quote from: keeperlit on October 29, 2019, 11:53:09 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on October 29, 2019, 11:28:27 PM
Is Elisha McCallion the best SF can offer? She's been on every program over the last few weeks and comes across as clueless.

Shinners know that foyle is a marginal seat for them so are trying to boost her profile as much as possible.

She is a tool and should be hidden away, that would be her best chance of winning. Must be a real chance for SDLP to retake the seat

She is very weak.. Aontú could make the difference here. Anne McCloskey will take maybe 3k votes, its probably a matter of who she takes most off. I think SDLP would do better with Mary Durkan than Eastwood. One to watch

You can say that about Elisha but fact is she won the seat of SDLP 3 years ago for the first time. They had her posters up an hour after the election was called, seen a load of them this morning. On twitter as well trying to emphasise that SDLP haven't even chose their candidate yet. In fairness SDLP have had 3 years to think about it, they should really be decided by now. It looks like they don't think they have someone strong enough.... or at least that's the angle Sinn Fein are already pushing.

marty34

Quote from: TheOptimist on October 30, 2019, 08:54:54 AM
Is Elisha McCallion the best SF can offer? She's been on every program over the last few weeks and comes across as clueless.

Shinners know that foyle is a marginal seat for them so are trying to boost her profile as much as possible.

She is a tool and should be hidden away, that would be her best chance of winning. Must be a real chance for SDLP to retake the seat

She is very weak.. Aontú could make the difference here. Anne McCloskey will take maybe 3k votes, its probably a matter of who she takes most off. I think SDLP would do better with Mary Durkan than Eastwood. One to watch

You can say that about Elisha but fact is she won the seat of SDLP 3 years ago for the first time. They had her posters up an hour after the election was called, seen a load of them this morning. On twitter as well trying to emphasise that SDLP haven't even chose their candidate yet. In fairness SDLP have had 3 years to think about it, they should really be decided by now. It looks like they don't think they have someone strong enough.... or at least that's the angle Sinn Fein are already pushing.

The problem for me is that Colum wants to run in every election - just because he's leader, he thinks it's his duty.

Mc Callion is a waffler - turns people off with same speech in every broadcast.

I think SF will lose out as unionists will vote tactically for the SDLP candidate.

On tv last night, they talked about discussions about a pact but they'd need to hurry up and regardless, this should hsve been discussed a month ago.

Claire Hanna is another Mc Callion - if you didn't know what party she's from, you wouldn't hsve known from last nights show - usual bland statements.  I think Alliance would be a more natural party for her.

sensethetone

Quote from: marty34 on October 30, 2019, 09:25:53 AM

The problem for me is that Colum wants to run in every election - just because he's leader, he thinks it's his duty.

I think SF will lose out as unionists will vote tactically for the SDLP candidate.

On tv last night, they talked about discussions about a pact but they'd need to hurry up and regardless, this should hsve been discussed a month ago.

Claire Hanna is another Mc Callion - if you didn't know what party she's from, you wouldn't hsve known from last nights show - usual bland statements.  I think Alliance would be a more natural party for her.

I thought Claire Hanna had huffed a bit due to the SDLP's pact with FF, she's in election mode but will she needs a pact to get South Belfast.. In fairness she is a classier waffler than Declan Mc Crossan.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Nuf said

marty34

Quote from: sensethetone on October 30, 2019, 09:39:47 AM
Quote from: marty34 on October 30, 2019, 09:25:53 AM

I thought Claire Hanna had huffed a bit due to the SDLP's pact with FF, she's in election mode but will she needs a pact to get South Belfast.. In fairness she is a classier waffler than Declan Mc Crossan.

She's too bland - throws out general statements and tries too much to please everybody but too general. She was against Brexit but at the same time thinks a border poll wouldn't help.  Don't really know what she stands for.  As I say, Alliance would be a better fit.

South Belfast will elect Emma P again unless the anti-Brexit parties have a single candidate in. 

Give voters the choice: a DUP candidate or pro EU candidate.

Time for parties to stand up, forget the egoes and voters will remember it.

screenexile

If Sinn Fein had any decency they'd be doing pacts all over the shop or even better not standing at all!!

trailer

DUP/UDA really ramping up the attacks on John Finucane. They've obviously taken a leaf out of SF's book. They're essentially out "Sinn Feining" Sinn Fein.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/generalelection/2019/11/18/news/anti-john-finucane-banners-a-hate-crime-sinn-fe-in-says-1767935/

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on November 18, 2019, 04:47:18 PM
DUP/UDA really ramping up the attacks on John Finucane. They've obviously taken a leaf out of SF's book. They're essentially out "Sinn Feining" Sinn Fein.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/generalelection/2019/11/18/news/anti-john-finucane-banners-a-hate-crime-sinn-fe-in-says-1767935/

Absolutely incredible that you managed to twist this into a SF thing.

Snapchap

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2019, 07:23:18 PM

Utterly warped.

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2019, 11:10:22 PM

Utterly warped.

It's the exact tactics that SF would wheel out. Attack others around the candidate, a sustained campaign of lies, rumour and whispers. I'm only pointing out the similarities.

JohnDenver

Quote from: trailer on November 19, 2019, 08:45:05 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2019, 11:10:22 PM

Utterly warped.

It's the exact tactics that SF would wheel out. Attack others around the candidate, a sustained campaign of lies, rumour and whispers. I'm only pointing out the similarities.

Your whataboutery is quite similar to that of the DUP. Just sayin...  :P

marty34

How can you turn it into a SF thing? Crazy.  You have serious hate for SF, for whatever reason.

These posters are crazy - going up in places where JF is not even standing.  Fleg protest all over again. 

general_lee

Jim Bob