Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2013 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 29, 2013, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: ONeill on January 01, 2014, 03:09:49 PM
What a side.

Best thing to come out of Derry since Dana.

All kinds of everthing reminds of you....

She use to play for Sean Dolans up in Creggan. Wee corner forward.

drici

Preliminary Round:
Saturday 7th December
Derrygonnelly Harps(Fermanagh) 0-03  Ramor United(Cavan) 2-23
1-30pm

Quarter Finals:
Sunday 8th December
Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 1-11  Bun Cranncha(Donegal) 1-05
12-45pm

Saturday 14th December
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) 1-11  Rostrevor St Bronaghs(Down) 0-11
1-30pm

Sunday 15th December
St Johns(Antrim) 0-09  Carrickmacross Emmets(Monaghan) 0-10
1-30pm

Saturday 21st December
Silverbridge Harps(Armagh) 3-07  Ramor United(Cavan) 2-09   A.E.T.
(Full Time: 2-06  2-06)
1-30pm

Semi Finals:
Sunday 22nd December
Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 3-13  Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) 0-09
1-30pm

Thursday 26th December
Silverbridge Harps(Armagh) 5-09  Carrickmacross Emmets(Monaghan) 3-03
1-30pm

Final:
Wednesday 1st January
Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 0-10  Silverbridge Harps(Armagh) 1-02
1-30pm

elk

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 01, 2014, 04:40:28 PM
Fair play to them. They adapted to the conditions much better than us but we have no complaints. It's some record and I doubt if it'll ever even be matched never mind broken.
Was at the game and I don't think it would have mattered what conditions the match was played in . The superior team won and would win every time against Silverbridge. But I do agree it is some record.

orangeman

Well done To the Watties. Brilliant team. 3 in a row is massive.

It's only a matter of time to Glen win a senior championship in Derry even though they're still intermediate but they won't be intermediate for very long with this team. There could be a good few Glen lads on the Derry under 21 and senior panels very shortly. There already are quite a few with more to come.

Management have clearly done a serious job with this team and credit to the players who played the football.

The sky is the limit for this team.

Ballinderry men won't fancy competing with this outfit in a year or two.

Any craic

elk

Does anyone know how many of these Glen lads play for St Pats Maghera ? They went the whole way last year back boned by the Glen lads.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: elk on January 05, 2014, 06:58:44 PM
Does anyone know how many of these Glen lads play for St Pats Maghera ? They went the whole way last year back boned by the Glen lads.

Glen had 8 starters in last years Hogan final. This year I would expect 5/6 starters for Maghera.

Rawhide

The backbone of the team last year was a Lavey man at full back, a Glen man at CHB, a Bellaghy and Swatragh man at mid field, a Glenullin man at CHF and a Glen man at CF in a two man inside line, the team was not back boned by Glen men, there were a 7 Glen men on the team, the main players from Glen was Tallon and Glass
cccc is a true supporter lol

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Rawhide on January 05, 2014, 07:32:35 PM

The backbone of the team last year was a Lavey man at full back, a Glen man at CHB, a Bellaghy and Swatragh man at mid field, a Glenullin man at CHF and a Glen man at CF in a two man inside line, the team was not back boned by Glen men, there were a 7 Glen men on the team, the main players from Glen was Tallon and Glass

Lol....if 8 starters in a Hogan final doesn't constitute to back boning a side I dunno what does!

Rawhide

It all depends on your definition of the back bone of the team. No doubt that Glen had eight players started the team, but for me the main players (the back bone) who led the team to the Hogan were Kearney, Cassidy, Tallon, Glass, Bradley, Hughes and Mc Cloy.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Rawhide on January 05, 2014, 07:48:48 PM
It all depends on your definition of the back bone of the team. No doubt that Glen had eight players started the team, but for me the main players (the back bone) who led the team to the Hogan were Kearney, Cassidy, Tallon, Glass, Bradley, Hughes and Mc Cloy.

Valid point and it's unlikely any club has supplied that number of starters in a Hogan final.

Can't see them scaling the same heights this year!

elk

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 05, 2014, 07:52:35 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on January 05, 2014, 07:48:48 PM

Valid point and it's unlikely any club has supplied that number of starters in a Hogan final.

Can't see them scaling the same heights this year!
Wouldn't be so sure, I see Glass and Tallon are still there this year and Mulholland got an all star this year. Although they have a tough draw in the Mac Rory!

nrico2006

Are Glen doing well at the grades below minor?  What are the chances of them going for 4 in a row?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2014, 01:17:15 PM
Are Glen doing well at the grades below minor?  What are the chances of them going for 4 in a row?

We made the Ulster U16 final this year but were well beaten by a strong Crossmaglen side. Good side next year but as ever getting out of Derry wont be easy!