Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2019, 12:29:48 PM
At a guess.
Mickey Harte is the greatest. My tongue is so far up his hole I can lick the back of his tonsils. I'm totally objective. I'm the Ballygawley Sean Cavanagh and will talk shite on TV in a shit suit for money. Mickey Harte is a tactical magician and anyone who criticises him doesn't know what they're talking about.
get a pound and buy the Irish news and think you'll be pleasently surprised.

sidelineball

Enda McGinley is a horrible analyst, commentator and pundit. I read his article on why students/young people shouldn't go away anywhere during the summer and I vomited all over myself. What a load of boring, nonsensical drivel.
He should stick to the physio work, which I've heard he is among the best in Ireland at.

MC

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 06, 2019, 12:20:37 PM
Another smashing article by enda McGinley in today's Irish news. Great read every Friday. A Tyrone man on top of his game.

Can you provide a link?

Jim Bob

Quote from: sidelineball on September 07, 2019, 12:59:17 AM
Enda McGinley is a horrible analyst, commentator and pundit. I read his article on why students/young people shouldn't go away anywhere during the summer and I vomited all over myself. What a load of boring, nonsensical drivel.
He should stick to the physio work, which I've heard he is among the best in Ireland at.

You vomited all over yourself from reading a newspaper article ?

under the bar

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2019, 12:29:48 PM
At a guess.
Mickey Harte is the greatest. My tongue is so far up his hole I can lick the back of his tonsils. I'm totally objective. I'm the Ballygawley Sean Cavanagh and will talk shite on TV in a shit suit for money. Mickey Harte is a tactical magician and anyone who criticises him doesn't know what they're talking about.

The bit you got bang on is that you talk shite. A lot of it.

trailer

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 10, 2019, 12:05:06 PM
Harte up at the Coalisland v Arboe game, surely looking for a few new faces to draft into the panel. A couple impressed over the weekend.

Probably a few players with too much confidence and ability. Harte will sort that.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Drumraghexile on September 10, 2019, 12:05:06 PM
Harte up at the Coalisland v Arboe game, surely looking for a few new faces to draft into the panel. A couple impressed over the weekend.

Yeah and you could have picked them before throw up - Mackers and Michael O'Neil. O'Neil will get the call up id say this winter but Mackers wont as they claim he's too old which is bulls**t as you need to be playing your strongest team and the strongest team available to pick outa Tyrone would have him on it, weather he's only fit to play for 1 or 2 years max shouldn't matter, he should be on to improve the players around him and raise standards!

southtyronegael

Peter donnelly spotted at a few Monaghan championship games last weekend. Looks like he gonna be more heavily involved than just s/c sessions.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2019, 02:05:20 PM
Peter donnelly spotted at a few Monaghan championship games last weekend. Looks like he gonna be more heavily involved than just s/c sessions.

Imagine the Monaghan S&C coach been spotted at Monaghan club games, breaking news indeed......

southtyronegael

It fuckin is outrageous. And to think he offered to take Tyrone seniors for a few nights per week and harte told him your here full time or not at all!

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2019, 07:48:49 PM
It fuckin is outrageous. And to think he offered to take Tyrone seniors for a few nights per week and harte told him your here full time or not at all!

Bullshit !!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 10, 2019, 08:18:10 PM

Bullshit !!!
fact!

Localexpert

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2019, 09:45:34 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on September 10, 2019, 08:18:10 PM

Bullshit !!!
fact!

You're sources would appear to be correct in this instance as the talk in these parts is Peter Donnelly did offer to continue working with Tyrone senior team with the same availability of anyone with a 9-5 job!

Apparently he is still waiting for a reply .... the mind boggles

Angelo

A lot of talk in the club thread about potential players for next year, might be more suited here.

The u20s and u17s had some really good forwards this year but it's likely going to be another 3/4 years before they can impact at senior level and are up to the right physical levels. Was very surprised Mark Devlin didn't get named in the u17 team of the year, Donaghy of Carrickmore did but I thought Devlin was by far Tyrone's best player at that level.

Personally I'd wait for players to serve their time at u20 before bringing them into the senior fold, fair enough involving them for the McKenna Cup and maybe in the league until such time as the u20s get together but I think bar a Conor McKenna type talent we are not going to have any player under the age of 20 making a telling impact with us in the Championship.

Kilpatrick should be a shoe in for a call up this year, he would have got one last year only for the serious injury.

Other than that, we need to look at what areas we are lacking and what players we need to cut. From the cut perspective I think the following are on borrowed time:

- C McCann
- D McClure
- A McCrory
- R McHugh
- B Burns
- H Loughran

Possibly a few more I missed off the top of my head. All these lads are mid 20s or over now and haven't really made much of a contribution in the last two seasons, even including injuries.

I think we could do with another option or two in the full back line, Eoghan Murray definitely worth a shot in the McKenna Cup. Not aware of many other standouts there at the minute, I think Quinn on the u20s is too light yet. I'd like to see Rafferty and McLaughlin get a lot of time in the McKenna Cup in the full back line. Michael O'Neill is definitely worth a look in a half back line where we are reasonably well served. McNally is a good club player but that ship has sailed. How is Ruairi Mullan playing for Cookstown these days? Looked like a great talent on the u21 winning side but dropped off when he got the senior callup.

Harkin seems to be rated by Harte and I suspect he'll get a callup but I'm not sure he is much of an improvement on the likes of McCann and McClure. I like Nathan Donnelly of Killyclogher and think he is definitely worth a look, good engine a very similar type of player to Meyler with probably a better scoring return.

I think Paul Donaghy has a bit of size and scoring ability about him and is worth a look at in the McKenna Cup. Ryan Coleman also worth a look as well.

Bradley and McNulty will probably return to the squad next year, I wouldn't really bother with Lee Brennan, I don't think he gets in ahead of Bradley, McCurry or McAliskey.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

Harsh enough on Harry Loughran there Angelo. Thought he made a pretty big impact in 2018 in his first year on the squad (I think) and then his season has been totally decimated with injury. He would be worth holding onto if his injury is cleared up whatever that is.