The Committee Room

Started by goldenyears, May 25, 2011, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

you just have to look at the shoddy coverage that is given to the qualifiers. Why not have a new show on a Sat night with highlights of all qualifying games from that day. Maybe its something TV3 BBC TG4 or UTV could look at producing.
They showed about 4 scores from the Down Leitrim game then didnt even mention it in analysis.
I hope Ireland get hammered in the rugger buggery just to shove it up the D4 p***k N*G**T

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: snoopdog on July 14, 2011, 05:12:01 PM
you just have to look at the shoddy coverage that is given to the qualifiers. Why not have a new show on a Sat night with highlights of all qualifying games from that day. Maybe its something TV3 BBC TG4 or UTV could look at producing.
They showed about 4 scores from the Down Leitrim game then didnt even mention it in analysis.
I hope Ireland get hammered in the rugger buggery just to shove it up the D4 p***k N*G**T

No need to wish ill on the rugby team, shur didn't RTE f*ck that up aswell, Setanta have the exclusive rights I think apart from the Irish games.
RTE is really going downhill in the GAA department..need a commentator clearout and a revamp of the coverage..sad to say, even the likes of Lyster, ok as he is, needs to go..Some real debate needs to take place,not the drivel we are listening to currently...whoever is in charge of programming (selection of analysts and co-commentators) should be shot..i mean we've had All-Ireland finals with co-commentators and analysts from a county involved take part..Colm O'Rourke was wheeled out for the Leinster final last year,when his own county AND SON were playing! Idiotic stuff.
TV3 could've shamed RTE in their coverage, but instead we got Matt Cooper, David Brady etc...horrible.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

ross matt

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 13, 2011, 08:52:26 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2011, 08:47:25 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 13, 2011, 08:13:41 PM
Is Eamon O'Hara OK ?
He seems to have lost a lot of weight? anyway he blew us up as the best in Connacht then only to tip Mayo to beat us.

thats what i was thinking, looked a bit gaunt.

Saw the repeat last night. O'Hara looks like his fat % is down to zero alright. I thought the show was ok in fairness. The discussion on cruciate injuries was interesting. The way O'Hara described how he got his shows how simply it can happen.

Chéad rogha

Actually think the idea of the committee room is a good one. A couple of current\ex players and a journalist discussing topical issues and games is a sound one. For me it could be so much more...ie; longer, better presenter and much better previews to the weekends games. Used to like the way Breaking Ball visited communities and previewed games - think that should be incorporated. Their current half @rsed attempt at doing this via the asking questions off two players is laughable. The one time they attempted something like that this season was the other night with John Galvin, which was very insightful. But we're not likely to see anything inspiring whilst rte leave the same old tired heads in command of the GAA coverage.

Stevie g 8

another poor show .Terrible format of having 3 or 4 couped around a table.at least with tv3 they are out and about and they put a bit of effort into it

neilthemac

it will require a TV production company to go to RTE with a suitable alternative proposal that will not cost much money

the Committee room is being kept simple because RTE are skint!

Bogball XV

I've been beating this drum for years now, but the gaa should dictate exactly how much coverage is given in terms of highlights and preview shows.  They should probably make their own magazine programmes or as you're suggesting get a production company in to do it for them.
It's simple really, the gaa award the rights and part of that contract should specify exactly when and where such programmes are screened.  Highlight shows for club championship and national league games in particular are appalling.

Stevie g 8

uefa do there own magazine show which is very good

Croí na hÉireann

The GAA are doing their own magazine show, Round The Square it's called, can only view it online though, here's the latest episode http://tv.gaa.ie/#/47286/976/round-the-square-2011-episode-3
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Denn Forever

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 15, 2011, 05:32:59 PM
The GAA are doing their own magazine show, Round The Square it's called, can only view it online though, here's the latest episode http://tv.gaa.ie/#/47286/976/round-the-square-2011-episode-3

Now that wasn't hard. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 15, 2011, 06:28:54 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 15, 2011, 05:32:59 PM

Now that wasn't hard.

Its good actually.

Just after half way there is a bit on the Wicklow v Armagh match.

Just after both Wicklow goals a rather burly supporter in a shorts rushes down to the fence to the left of the goals. Don't know what he is doing but I am wondering is he a former poster here?
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Yer man Paddy Joe, Roscommons no. 1 fan, was on the GAA Show.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orangemac

Quote from: LilySavage on July 14, 2011, 04:31:35 PM
RTEs coverage of GAA is awful. Ger Canning commentating on games where he clearly has no interest. This new magazine show is so boring I cant even watch it. I remember they one alled Breaking Ball at the end of the 90s which was very good before they axed it. RTE cant get enough rugby, id say they are creamiing themselves at the thought of a World Cup this year. The Off The Ball lads are excellent, McDevitt should get a GAA show on RTE. The GAA gets bigger attendances in Irealand than rugby and soccer yet has to endure shoddy product on tv.Even the League of Ireland gets a half decent hour long programme on a Monday.
Agree about McDevitt. Passionate about sport and knowledgable. Good at interviewing also. TV3 should sign up him and Murph from
Newstalk for magazine show and GAA coverage in general.

RTE give the impression that that they are covering GAA because they have to. GAA should take control of thier own product as someone has said. In this digital TV age there is no reason why the GAA could not set up their TV channel with 3/4 hours action midweek and decent preview and review shows at weekends.

Just saw the GAA show on TV3. Not bad,seems to be copying the format of Breaking Ball to an extent which is not a bad thing.
On at a stupid time though.

muppet

Anyone see it this week?

I thought it was very poor. Three relatively interesting guests, O'Dwyer the hurler, ex-footballer Fitzmaurice from Kerry and Colm Keyes and it was still poor.

The feature was Vincent Hogan in a long well worded whinge about players not being available to the media. But it was still a whinge. They had a current player sitting on the panel talking about this and the irony went straight over Marty's substantial head.

If feels like a book review, about a subject you don't care about, rather than the most popular sport in the country at the peak of the season.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on August 19, 2011, 10:38:47 AM
Anyone see it this week?

I thought it was very poor. Three relatively interesting guests, O'Dwyer the hurler, ex-footballer Fitzmaurice from Kerry and Colm Keyes and it was still poor.

The feature was Vincent Hogan in a long well worded whinge about players not being available to the media. But it was still a whinge. They had a current player sitting on the panel talking about this and the irony went straight over Marty's substantial head.

If feels like a book review, about a subject you don't care about, rather than the most popular sport in the country at the peak of the season.

Ya, I didn't give a feck about the journailist whinge, its one of those kind of media/tv/movies piece about themselves. I hate it when hollywood movies keep referencing themselves, celeb life pieces on tv and newspapers obsessed with themselves. I think alot of people feel the same, I may be wrong. I would rather have heard more about the upcoming semi or last weeks matches. Perhaps insight into the build up in Roscommon or Tipperary, be that players, fans, families, or ex-minors from those counties.

I agree that the 3 guests were pretty good.

The suggestion by Fitzmaurice about doing pieces on players the week after a big match instead of the week before, isn't really what people want either in the weekend papers. It may be cruel but people are often focussed on the next match, except maybe in the losing county if they are gluttens for punishment and self-disection like in Mayo or perhaps Dublin.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.