PS5

Started by lurganblue, November 19, 2020, 08:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Anyone else having a nightmare trying to get one of these? I was unsuccessful securing a pre-order a couple of months ago.

On today again trying to get one as currys etc said they would have more online on release day. Sites crashed and basically most people had no chance.

Thankfully this isn't something the kids have asked for this Christmas but I am sure plenty of parents are pulling their hair out.

brokencrossbar1

Young lad is looking one. It's a nightmare but he's happy to accept he may not get one. It's crazy the frenzy that surrounds this stuff.

Tony Baloney

Same. The elder 2 are into their tech so know how hard it is to get them. The missus was on John Lewis and Currys websites etc. this morn bit no joy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 19, 2020, 08:24:13 PM
Same. The elder 2 are into their tech so know how hard it is to get them. The missus was on John Lewis and Currys websites etc. this morn bit no joy.

How much are these things now? I've a PS3 and during lockdown got my skills levels back on COD!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

One of them would soon put a dent in the Christmas budget

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2020, 08:26:13 PM

How much are these things now? I've a PS3 and during lockdown got my skills levels back on COD!

£499

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2020, 08:26:13 PM

You'll not get much change out of £500 for one.

Was on a few sites looking for a mate but when even Amazon was crashing due to demand then you know you're not going to have much joy.

Kidder81

I pre ordered one with Smyths a while back and it was delivered today - £449.99

RedHand88

Heard Smyths were unable to fulfil alot of they're pre orders. I got the xbox last week myself, missed out on release day and had to go to ebay. It might be your best option for the PS5 if you're desperate. If you do go that route, make sure you buy off someone with the console in hand, and isn't waiting on it coming themselves.

J70

Just a bad year for it as everyone has been buying consoles with the lockdowns.

We had to replace my kid's Switch recently, and it took a lot of searching. Just got lucky in the end that I happened onto GameStop on a day when they actually had a couple in stock online.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft must be cleaning up this year.

general

Got my PS5 delivered to the house on Friday, pre ordered on 18th sept.

Havent had major time to sit down with it due to work/family but first impressions are great

set up on 4k tv - spiderman graphics are unreal

Under Lights

Contact a Dublin player, they all got on on release day.

lurganblue

Still a disaster this.  Walmart released a few in America yesterday and some of the stores over here have indicated that they might have a small amount of stock in December. Unlikely i'd say.

Quote from: Under Lights on November 25, 2020, 10:52:37 AM
Contact a Dublin player, they all got on on release day.

No doubt

square_ball

Aidan O'Shea did anyway #gifted

lurganblue

Argos released a few at 3am this morning.  I'm glad I signed up for them to notify me of incoming new stock  ::) still waiting on that email.