The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

As Chuck Schumer said recently

They can't write policies that make sense, they can't implement policy, they can't get their stories straight and they can't close the deal.

As Cornell West observed, Trump is
not in touch with reality.  He is an expression of spiritual blackout. He represents the eclipse of Integrity,  honesty and decency .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Obamacare's main flaw is that there was no limit on cost inflation, following intense lobbying . The US health system will have to crash before it becomes sustainable. It is one of the main ways the 1% screws the US.

Eamonnca1

Obamacare and later Sanders' campaign have changed the conversation. Americans are coming to realise that health care is a right in a developed country and it's not just another business like fast food or drive-through oil-changes. They're coming to realise that they've been had. They're coming to realise that they've had "death panels" all along in the form of profit-making insurance companies who value their bottom line more than your life. They're coming to realise that the US is the only developed country in the world that doesn't guarantee health care to all of its citizens. They're coming to realise that they've been conditioned into thinking that it's morally acceptable for people to be left stranded with no coverage, or okay for people to go bankrupt because they get sick.

All this talk about "wait for Obamacare to implode," whatever that's supposed to mean. It's been in place for a while now. Hasn't "imploded" yet, has it? The only places where it's not doing so well is where Republican states have tried to deliberately sabotage it for ideological reasons rather than help their people to get coverage.

It's only a matter of time before single payer becomes the next step on the road to completing reform.

whitey

Don't  take my word for it!

Bill Clinton described it as "the craziest thing ever, people humping it 60 hours a week.... their premiums have doubled and their coverage cut in half"

heganboy

Quote from: joemamas on July 19, 2017, 12:26:41 AM
Healthcare is complex and I believe that all people should be able to get medical care, but a plan that was based on healthy people signing up for it has obviously failed miserably.
You guys should report back with an update in a year or eighteen months.

A lot of people still cannot accept the election result last November. The democratic machine let what one could argue was a flawed candidate represent them.

Btw, markets are up 15% since election, consumer confidence is high and economy is doing ok.
Given that participation by US households in the stock market is close to 80% either through individual investing, 401k plans or pension funds. People feel better about their economic situation.

I heard something on radio last week and it stuck with me.
"Democrats are pro worker, but anti business"

Reality is that does not work.

Joe,
"markets are up 15% since election" talk to me about this- which fundamental change do you think is driving this change- is it due to the really healthy economic plans of the new president. Is it because make america great again? is it the coal mining business roaring back to life?
Bollocks.
Economy is doing ok? really on what measurement? is doing hugely ok?
was there a "market participation"  uptick since the new president came onboard? Did a huge slew of the population say, you know what let's buy into equity? Is that what you mean by the stock market? do you mean listed US traded equities. Funny that news seems to have escaped unheard- or unnoticed.
These people who feel better about their economic situation that you reference- who are they- what percentage of the population do they make up? Is this your personal documented evidence? Gut feel, OuiJa Board. or dumb uneducated folks unencumbered by facts, maths or a basic grasp of economic theory...
Come back in 18 months? what if I died of a pre-existing condition? what update are you expecting. True succeeds with Healthcare reform? Or is it "republican intransigence and corporate whoring to blame in initial ACA plan updates failure to succeed..."
as for this
QuoteI heard something on radio last week and it stuck with me.
"Democrats are pro worker, but anti business"
Reality is that does not work.
really- any economic consideration that I am aware of flies in the face of your reality- talk to me about data, cause and effect, models and oh "gut feel"

Healthcare is complex FFS are you kidding me- thanks Donald. Read a book get a clue please don't embarrass yourself (or the whole nation) in public with your mathematical and economic illiteracy. Read a book. Sometimes when you look at a post and think- oh I should comment on that - maybe Dunning Kruger .

I mean, like, "obviously"

"what one could argue was a flawed candidate "

I heard something on the radio last week, "total political failure by both parties in the united states leads to large orange with brain of a 5 year old leading country with no idea what he is doing and no adult supervision"- oh - it stuck with me.

Maybe start with

"In my opinion, with no basis in fact, no data and in fact a lot of evidence data and scientific methodology pointing against what I am about to say" before your next post if they continue in the same vein
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on July 19, 2017, 02:17:55 AM
Don't  take my word for it!

Bill Clinton described it as "the craziest thing ever, people humping it 60 hours a week.... their premiums have doubled and their coverage cut in half"
Whitey the GOP has control all branches of the political wing so they have to do what they think is right for the countrÿ.
Healthcare has been a problem going back long before the Clinton admin. Hillary Clinton tried to address it in the 90s. Now its one sixth of thé economy growing twice as fast as the economy.  Soon it will be one fifth of the economy.  It's not far from there to one quarter .

The Republican party is unable to govern. That is how end of empire corruption works.

foxcommander

How come the media aren't reporting the riots in Minneapolis after that policeman shot the unarmed woman?

j70, Eamon and usual liberals - you must be outraged surely.

Where's Black Lives Matter on this one?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on July 19, 2017, 03:19:21 PM
How come the media aren't reporting the riots in Minneapolis after that policeman shot the unarmed woman?

Yeah, I am outraged and feel awful for that poor woman, her fiance and her family.

You, on the other hand, see some sort of political advantage apparently, popping your head up above the parapet after weeks of silence to once again stick the boot in on black people.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 19, 2017, 03:51:28 PM

Yeah, I am outraged and feel awful for that poor woman, her fiance and her family.

You, on the other hand, see some sort of political advantage apparently, popping your head up above the parapet after weeks of silence to once again stick the boot in on black people.

What Minneapolis shows us is that there are people carrying guns and badges who shouldn't be

Gabriel_Hurl

John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer.

Donnie dickhead giving an interview to the fake news spreading, failing New York Times throwing his Attorney General under the bus.

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 20, 2017, 04:20:47 AM

Donnie dickhead giving an interview to the fake news spreading, failing New York Times throwing his Attorney General under the bus.
For as long as McCain is being treated the GOP have a majority of 1 in the Senate.
The Dems will oppose anything that involves transfers from.the 99% to the 1%.
Trump won't get anything done.

stew

Quote from: J70 on July 19, 2017, 03:51:28 PM

Thats unfair at best, for you to come on here and talk about sticking the boot into black people is a bit much, Black Lives Matter are welcoming to all as long as non blacks stand at the back of the march, speaking of marching, why don't they march when black children get murdered on the streets of Chicago or Detroit? I will tell you why, because they are a hate group who want cops dead, that's why, they did not start out that way but that is were they are at as of now!

f**k BLM, to me they are a gaggle of racist scum hell bent on seeing police officers dead, you can throw that moron snoop whatever his name is these days in with them as well.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2017, 08:39:07 AM

For as long as McCain is being treated the GOP have a majority of 1 in the Senate.

He has done plenty, on the subject of the nightmare of Obamacare he will absolutely get something done, keep that big noggin stuck in the sand kid. ;) ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on July 20, 2017, 08:42:52 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2017, 08:39:07 AM

He has done plenty, on the subject of the nightmare of Obamacare he will absolutely get something done, keep that big noggin stuck in the sand kid. ;) ;)
What has he done, Stew? Give us an auld list if you can.

Gary Cohn promised healthcare reform and tax reform by now
Mnuchin promised growth of 3 to 4 per cent this year.
Quarter one growth was 1.2%. #pisspoor