The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2017, 10:12:27 AM
Stew, how in the name of Jesus could some deranged lowlife marching up to the door of a police truck and, without any warning, shooting that poor woman in the head, ever be deemed her own fault?

You're projecting what you want us to be, not what we are.

As for Trump and collusion, we will see how it ends up. For all the cries of fake news and "nothing to see here!", they're sure a "forgetful" bunch when it comes to meetings with Russians and have now been caught with their trousers down.

I don't know what Clinton or Cheney did that could lead to treason charges. You will have to elaborate.

Well bot were active in wartime which is huge when you consider that Haliburton benefitted greatly when Cheney was in office and he was  main man in the outfit at the time, as for Clinton, well she was deeply involved in pay for play and got four Americans murdered despite being told hundreds of times by her main man in a volatile area that they needed to beef us security, she rigged an election to benefit herself and maaged to lessen the USA at every farts turn, she is an odious turd that needs to be eradicated asap from the American political scene!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on July 14, 2017, 07:35:46 PM
Stew, how in the name of Jesus could some deranged lowlife marching up to the door of a police truck and, without any warning, shooting that poor woman in the head, ever be deemed her own fault?

As for Trump and collusion, we will see how it ends up. For all the cries of fake news and "nothing to see here!", they're sure a "forgetful" bunch when it comes to meetings with Russians and have now been caught with their trousers down.

I don't know what Clinton or Cheney did that could lead to treason charges. You will have to elaborate.

Well bot were active in wartime which is huge when you consider that Haliburton benefitted greatly when Cheney was in office and he was  main man in the outfit at the time, as for Clinton, well she was deeply involved in pay for play and got four Americans murdered despite being told hundreds of times by her main man in a volatile area that they needed to beef us security, she rigged an election to benefit herself and maaged to lessen the USA at every farts turn, she is an odious turd that needs to be eradicated asap from the American political scene!

So you ARE looking for the Benghazi investigations to keep cloning until one gives you the result you want!!

And how did she rig the election?

I voted in the Dem primary. I don't remember anything untoward. I don't remember Bernie being suppressed or not getting his message out.

And given your distaste for "pay for play", I take it you're against the Citizens United decision and want rid of dark money and SuperPACs and would like to see proper campaign finance reform? You think the NRA and the oil and coal companies own the GOP for free?

I don't see how Cheney could be guilty of treason because his former company cashed in. He didn't sell secrets to the Russians or Al Qaida or take up arms against the US.

heganboy

More Republicans defect, looks like ACA is safe for another wee while. Good news for 24million and the economy, bad news for self employed middle and upper middle class who mostly voted Republican.

Btw health care system still broken
Like tax
Education
Infrastructure
Lobbying
Political finance
Immigration
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on July 18, 2017, 05:50:43 AM
More Republicans defect, looks like ACA is safe for another wee while. Good news for 24million and the economy, bad news for self employed middle and upper middle class who mostly voted Republican.

Btw health care system still broken
Like tax
Education
Infrastructure
Lobbying
Political finance
Immigration

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/17/republican-health-bill-senators-oppose-vote
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2017, 09:36:03 PM

So you ARE looking for the Benghazi investigations to keep cloning until one gives you the result you want!!

I voted in the Dem primary. I don't remember anything untoward. I don't remember Bernie being suppressed or not getting his message out.

And given your distaste for "pay for play", I take it you're against the Citizens United decision and want rid of dark money and SuperPACs and would like to see proper campaign finance reform? You think the NRA and the oil and coal companies own the GOP for free?

I don't see how Cheney could be guilty of treason because his former company cashed in. He didn't sell secrets to the Russians or Al Qaida or take up arms against the US.

Donny jnr was not a politican, there is very little here, far less thanClinton selling 20 percent of the countrys uranium to the Russians ad a magical 145 million dollars showing up for her hubbys foundation.

I see now Bernie has got in on the act, just when you think there is one decent human being out there in office they prove you wrong!

J70

Quote from: stew on July 18, 2017, 10:28:01 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2017, 09:36:03 PM

Donny jnr was not a politican, there is very little here, far less thanClinton selling 20 percent of the countrys uranium to the Russians ad a magical 145 million dollars showing up for her hubbys foundation.

I see now Bernie has got in on the act, just when you think there is one decent human being out there in office they prove you wrong!

Why don't you detail for us all how Hillary "sold" the uranium to the Russians? Perhaps include a timeline and who was involved and outline how much power she had in this affair.

WTF does Donny Jr not being a politician have to do with anything?

I'll await your piece to educate us on the uranium thing before commenting on whether there is less there in Donny's case.

One thing you can't argue is that he and his pals went into the meeting thinking they were getting dirt direct from the Kremlin.

J70

So Trumpcare has gone down in flames (again!) in the Senate.

Now they want to try a repeal-only option, with a two year delay to come up with a replacement.

Good luck getting that repeal passed, Mitch!

You've only had seven years (and counting) to come up with a replacement so far! No one will be skeptical! The healthcare industry, insurance industry and the public especially.

seafoid

They have done nothing since January

stew

Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2017, 12:25:57 PM

I love that your head is up your ass and under a rock at the same time. )

Go team Hillary )

seafoid

Quote from: stew on July 18, 2017, 04:56:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2017, 12:25:57 PM

I love that your head is up your ass and under a rock at the same time. )

Go team Hillary )
Mnuchin promised 3-4% growth driven by tax reform.
Have you see the tax reform anywhere, Stew ?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2017, 05:01:04 PM
Mnuchin promised 3-4% growth driven by tax reform.
Have you see the tax reform anywhere, Stew ?

We've seen it in Kansas where it's been a miserable failure.

Eamonnca1

How many times did they vote to repeal Obamacare? They had 7 years to do their homework and get a replacement ready. Now here they are like a schoolkid on a Sunday night hearing the Glenroe music and remembering they haven't done a thing. The voters had better come out in force in the mid-terms and consign these cretins to the scrapheap.

whitey

They should have  let Obamacare implode and force the Democrats to the negotiating table.

Once you give people something it's almost impossible to take it away.

Once you   ring in a new tax it's impossible to roll iit back without it being mislabeled as a tax cut for the wealthy

joemamas

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 18, 2017, 11:54:43 PM
How many times did they vote to repeal Obamacare? They had 7 years to do their homework and get a replacement ready. Now here they are like a schoolkid on a Sunday night hearing the Glenroe music and remembering they haven't done a thing. The voters had better come out in force in the mid-terms and consign these cretins to the scrapheap.

Both you and seafoid are correct. Obamacare was a well thought out successful healthcare plan.
Never mind that a good chunk of people who voted for it never read it.
What will happen in a year or so, when individuals on Obamacare have to wait a few days or weeks to see a doctor ?. A slew of HMO's have already pulled out of a number of states.

Healthcare is complex and I believe that all people should be able to get medical care, but a plan that was based on healthy people signing up for it has obviously failed miserably.
You guys should report back with an update in a year or eighteen months.

A lot of people still cannot accept the election result last November. The democratic machine let what one could argue was a flawed candidate represent them.

Btw, markets are up 15% since election, consumer confidence is high and economy is doing ok.
Given that participation by US households in the stock market is close to 80% either through individual investing, 401k plans or pension funds. People feel better about their economic situation.

I heard something on radio last week and it stuck with me.
"Democrats are pro worker, but anti business"

Reality is that does not work.