Started by Declan, January 14, 2016, 02:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 15, 2016, 01:37:33 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2016, 11:33:28 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 14, 2016, 09:41:14 PM
Quote from: Declan on January 14, 2016, 04:47:12 PM
Maybe Sligo has seceded Seanie!!!!
It was necessary in order to ensure the existence of proper border controls with Roscommon in fairness.
As if any of us would want to willingly cross the Curlieus to Ireland's answer to Belarus :P
As opposed to your Ukraine. Same colours and bigger and more powerful neighbours occupying some of its territory.

Cracker!

Cunny Funt

America style election politics from FG.

foxcommander

So why isn't Frank Feighan not running for TD in Roscommon in this election??
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

fearbrags

Because he is a p***k and nobody would vote for him   that simple

foxcommander

Quote from: fearbrags on January 17, 2016, 05:16:22 AM
Because he is a p***k and nobody would vote for him   that simple

Unusual for a standing TD not to get the all clear to go up for election again. I'd take a guess he needs a few years off to cleanse himself from his lies. The only difference between Frank and other FG TD's is that he got caught in a whopper of a lie - the rest of them didn't make theirs as public.

magpie seanie

They tried to get rid of John Perry in Sligo and they couldn't even organise a good shafting. He took them on and he's back on he ticket. Such a crowd of imbeciles.

Canalman

The only real result of    the GE that matters is the amount of seats Labour gets and whether it is enough with FG to form a Govt.

Some amount of parties etc jostling to be the main opposition party for future elections and have no interest (imo anyway) of going into a coalition atm.

deiseach

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 16, 2016, 06:40:19 PM

Meh. They'd be mad if they didn't reference the economic implosion that happened under FF.

Esmarelda

Quote from: deiseach on January 19, 2016, 10:17:18 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 16, 2016, 06:40:19 PM

Meh. They'd be mad if they didn't reference the economic implosion that happened under FF.
Vincent Browne constantly makes the point that FG voted in favour of many of the policies implemented by the FF led government but that's nothing a big bill board can't cover up.

deiseach

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 19, 2016, 11:01:23 AM
Vincent Browne constantly makes the point that FG voted in favour of many of the policies implemented by the FF led government but that's nothing a big bill board can't cover up.

True. But why would FG admit that? Cunny Funt says that this is American style election politics, but there isn't a political party on the planet that would behave any differently. Might as well attack water for being wet.

Esmarelda

Quote from: deiseach on January 19, 2016, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on January 19, 2016, 11:01:23 AM

True. But why would FG admit that? Cunny Funt says that this is American style election politics, but there isn't a political party on the planet that would behave any differently. Might as well attack water for being wet.
I'm not saying they should or that anyone else would. It just says a lot about our society that they feel confident to put up an advert like that despite this fact.

Hound

Quote from: Declan on January 14, 2016, 02:12:51 PM
With the election nearly upon us here's an interesting link for guidance

http://www.smartvote.ie/

Looks like I'm a Social Democrat ???
Most interesting piece of this is that you can also see the reasons each candidate gave for their position on each issue.

deiseach

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 19, 2016, 12:46:12 PM
I'm not saying they should or that anyone else would. It just says a lot about our society that they feel confident to put up an advert like that despite this fact.

What do you think it says about us as a society?

foxcommander

Quote from: deiseach on January 19, 2016, 01:31:44 PM

We are ignorant and too lazy to research the facts. A sensational billboard with a message is enough to sway a decision.
Now excuse me while I go enjoy my coca-cola.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on January 19, 2016, 02:01:56 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 19, 2016, 01:31:44 PM

We are ignorant and too lazy to research the facts. A sensational billboard with a message is enough to sway a decision.

Now excuse me while I go enjoy my coca-cola.
This.