AZ Offaly
That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

tippabu

Tipp beat down 1-11 to 12 at the weekend. We have a very decent 21 team this year again but with colin o riordan now in australia and the fact the the draw is kerry away first round i doubt we'll get to see much of us

Syferus

Quote from: ck on January 04, 2016, 09:25:28 AM
Would anyone share my view that these pre season U.21 competitions are a bit of a nonsense?. The GAA should step in and take control of them. The reality is that most of this age group are at college or school therefore playing in college school competitions too. Either that or disband school competitions. I see it in my club all the time, young lads playing in too many competitions serving too many masters. There is never any winners and player development can be hampered.

You're not really keeping up with the thread, ck.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 30, 2015, 05:26:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 30, 2015, 12:42:03 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that tournament in Sligo is new and caters for the overspill from Hastings cup since all these pre season u21 tournaments have been restricted to 8 teams.

Its a returning competition. Sligo played in no pre season U-21 tournament this year which former players such as Eamon O Hara was outspoken about it.

Quote from: larryin89 on December 30, 2015, 01:55:42 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on December 30, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
Maybe Mayo were finding some of the opposition in the Hastings Cup a bit too hot for their liking.

Sure now .

Still with all Roscommons big chest thumping over under 21 grade , we still have twice as many all Ireland's and  about three times  as many Connacht titles at this grade than the annoying Rosies.
That would be expected given the size and resources of Mayo compared to Roscommon.

Thanks - I stand (partially) corrected. Also, I have learned that the Cup is a new Cup, presented by the McPartland family in memory of Mary McPartland, wife of John Snr (currently Development officer of Sligo county board) and mother of John Jnr (former Sligo player and now U-21 selector). Mary was a great GAA supporter and never missed a match. See below.

http://www.sligogaa.ie/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleid=20320

magpie seanie

According to sligogaa Sligo lost 0-9 to 2-7 to Donegal in the first match of that competition.

Itchy

Cunny Funt

Mayo hammered Sligo by 17 points in the north west cup today. With the 2013,14 winning sides to pick from the wise money should be placed on Mayo to win Connacht U21 this year.

larryin89

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 09, 2016, 02:08:02 PM
Mayo hammered Sligo by 17 points in the north west cup today. With the 2013,14 winning sides to pick from the wise money should be placed on Mayo to win Connacht U21 this year.

Ahh I don't know about that TBH . It's a funny old grade these days when you factor in that an inter county senior players career is looking at 23/24 now for peak with people saying you're over the hill nearly at 29/30 this all means the likes of dirmuid o Connor and Stephen coen will not be looking on 21 grade as their major aim , with likes of hall , Kenny and loftus having realistic goals of being part of 2016 senior squad too . Way things are going fionan Duffy and Akram could be near staking claims too .

In 2013 we had the makings of a great under 21 team and went out in first rd in tuam to Galway by a couple of points , a team that had Cillian , Conor o Shea, Adam Gallagher, Danny kirby , Evan Regan in it . I just think 21s is a hard grade to forecast.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 09, 2016, 02:08:02 PM

Hammering Sligo at U21 isn't a rare occurrence.

Itchy

Rossfan

We won't be retaining th'oul Hashtins the year anyway :-\
Lost 0-11 to 1-17 to Bloodymeath today.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Nobody should read too much ,either way, into these results.,A lot of teams are missing key players, and are trying out fringe players in different positions etc. However, that's not taking anything away from any team that have got off to a good start in the past week.

tippabu

Tipp beat laois 1-7 to 8. Good to start the year with a pair of wins

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 10, 2016, 07:06:48 AM
Kildare hammered Galway yesterday.
A fairly weakened Galway side. Kildare will be favourites to win Leinster U21 all the same.

tippabu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 10, 2016, 07:52:19 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 10, 2016, 07:06:48 AM
Kildare hammered Galway yesterday.
A fairly weakened Galway side. Kildare will be favourites to win Leinster U21 all the same.

is it just top two from each group meet in the final?