2017 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 27, 2017, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Trap on August 27, 2017, 08:22:19 PM
Did you see keegan against Roscommon. Held his own in both games with Kerry too.

Played well first game, missed the second. Anonymous over kerry games, didnt quite look fit and kicked a fair few bad wides
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Syferus

Quote from: The Trap on August 27, 2017, 08:22:19 PM
Did you see keegan against Roscommon. Held his own in both games with Kerry too.

Didn't see him much in the second half.

BennyCake

Brendan Donaghy should get one.

Wildweasel74

in front of who, you gotta look at the other players in the same position, on what does he earn one considering armagh were thumped by 18 points in the quarter final and he was part of that defence, qualifiers against low ranked teams count for nothing

MayoBuck

Would love to see McLoughlin finally get one. I think he's started 45 or 46 consecutive championship games at this stage. More than anyone else on the team.

mayoaremagic

David Clarke
Benny Harrison
John McManus
Keith Higgins
Peter Harte
Paul Murphy
Jack McCaffrey
Tom Parsons
Colm Cavanagh
Kevin McLoughlin
Aidan O'Shea
Enda Smith
Paul Geaney
Cillian O'Connor
Andy Moran

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mayoaremagic on August 28, 2017, 08:34:03 PM
David Clarke
Benny Harrison
John McManus
Keith Higgins
Peter Harte
Paul Murphy
Jack McCaffrey
Tom Parsons
Colm Cavanagh
Kevin McLoughlin
Aidan O'Shea
Enda Smith
Paul Geaney
Cillian O'Connor
Andy Moran

Where did you copy and paste that from?

Blowitupref

7 All Stars for the winners and 6 for the runners ups. One each for Tyrone and Kerry i reckon.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

macdanger2

PP odds have the following as top (or joint top) three for each line of the team

Cluxton
Fitzsimons Higgins Harrison / Barrett
Mccaffrey McCarthy Keegan/Boyle
C Cavanagh Fenton
KK AOS McLoughlin
Moran Geaney Callaghan

So currently:
6 Mayo
7 Dublin
1 Tyrone
1 Kerry

Obviously that's all open to change depending on the final. I'd expect Roscommon might get one for their Connacht title too.

POTY betting is:

Moran 4/1
O'Callaghan 5/
Mccaffrey 6/1
Rock 13/2
Cluxton 10/1
AOS 14
Fenton 14
KK 16
Boyle 20
Higgins 20

O'Callaghan already had YPOTY wrapped up and a good final would surely see him as a double winner unless Andy also plays well.

Syferus

I don't think O'Callaghan is anywhere near PotY. Being on such a dominant team severely downgrades any case to be made for him.

It's Andy's if he scores 3+ in the final, win or lose.

Blowitupref

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2017, 10:04:00 PM
Obviously that's all open to change depending on the final. I'd expect Roscommon might get one for their Connacht title too.
They didn't win any All star in 2010 when they won Connacht i think the same will likely happen again. Arguably their best player in the championship was Niall Kilroy and i don't think he's on the paddy power odds?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam

Andy is the best bet there. It's a player vote, if Andy is on the ticket he wins
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 28, 2017, 10:24:00 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2017, 10:04:00 PM
They didn't win any All star in 2010 when they won Connacht i think the same will likely happen again. Arguably their best player in the championship was Niall Kilroy and i don't think he's on the paddy power odds?

Enda Smith single-handedly won the Connacht final. One of the all-time great Connacht final performances. Had a great battle with Keegan in the drawn match coming out on top in the second half. Would have been a shoe-in if not for the flaking in the replay imho.

lenny

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 28, 2017, 09:54:59 PM
7 All Stars for the winners and 6 for the runners ups. One each for Tyrone and Kerry i reckon.

Roscommon and Derry both might get one for drawing with the all ireland champions after 70 minutes.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: lenny on August 28, 2017, 11:19:22 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 28, 2017, 09:54:59 PM

Roscommon and Derry both might get one for drawing with the all ireland champions after 70 minutes.

What about Cork then?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!