Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

"the difference in hype/interest/excitement compared to 2011 is chalk and cheese " 

Now that's coming from my gasun a seventeen year old living in Dublin .  I asked him why does he think that is , ' any of my mates that have an interest just expect to win handy , they don't admit it but I think they're actually bored at this stage '
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on August 26, 2019, 06:29:48 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2019, 03:17:29 PM
I don't think that's the reason to be fair. There are very few Dublin or Kerry posters here which is the main reason there's no much discussion. I'm really looking forward to the game and think it could be a great game. Two teams with better forwards than defenders, two teams with a willingness to play an open brand of football. Yes, Dublin are likely winners and may even run out comfortable winners but I felt all year that Kerry are the team with the best shot at upsetting the Dubs and if they get on top in midfield a shock isn't out of the question. I hope Kerry go for it and see how far it gets them.
There's not much interest anywhere outside the 2 Counties Zulu.
Well done to all who contributed to this sad state of affairs.

If you have been going to games then you did too...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2019, 04:20:44 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 26, 2019, 03:34:42 PM
I don't think that's the reason to be fair. There are very few Dublin or Kerry posters here which is the main reason there's no much discussion. I'm really looking forward to the game and think it could be a great game. Two teams with better forwards than defenders, two teams with a willingness to play an open brand of football. Yes, Dublin are likely winners and may even run out comfortable winners but I felt all year that Kerry are the team with the best shot at upsetting the Dubs and if they get on top in midfield a shock isn't out of the question. I hope Kerry go for it and see how far it gets them.

Kerry have little chance in reality, and that's why there's not much interest never mind excitement, outside of the two counties involved.
The only reason people think Kerry have a chance is because they're Kerry.
That's it in a nutshell. I might place bet on the margin of Dublin's win just to make it a more interesting watch. Any suggestions on the margin?

If you do bet, go for Dublin by 10. Double figure digits wins all campaign so far apart from the coma in Omagh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Any discussion about Dublin on this forum quickly gets turned into something about funding, financial doping, dubs players are professionals etc so there's not much point in dubs fans trying to discuss football matters.

I'm looking forward to the game anyway. Unlike the hurling final I doubt any tickets will go on general sale!!!

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 06:52:53 PM
Any discussion about Dublin on this forum quickly gets turned into something about funding, financial doping, dubs players are professionals etc so there's not much point in dubs fans trying to discuss football matters.

I'm looking forward to the game anyway. Unlike the hurling final I doubt any tickets will go on general sale!!!

I think it will be a good game and closer than people expect. Excited to see what Kerry bring but still think Dublin will win by 4

imtommygunn

Yeah we all know how good Dublin are.  This will now tell us how good Kerry really are. I think they are a bit off this level but I could see them having more belief than anyone else at least with their tradition.

omaghjoe

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 26, 2019, 03:45:07 PM
Loads to talk about and no Dublin fan I know is taking this lightly - this is a serious Kerry team, who beat Mayo by the same score as us, and didn't have to struggle in the first half to do so.

Unfortunately, any discussion of the game gets sidetracked here always. Prefer now to do the chatting IRL because online is just a snake eating itself.

Looks like Kerry are still well ahead in terms of cute hoorism it seems

From the Bunker

Oh ya poor thing having to put up with all these discussions of Financial Doping. Would it be any help if we put our heads in the sand like most of the Media (which is based in the Capital). Or even headquarters who are at the same lark.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 26, 2019, 06:35:29 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2019, 04:20:44 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 26, 2019, 03:34:42 PM

Kerry have little chance in reality, and that's why there's not much interest never mind excitement, outside of the two counties involved.
The only reason people think Kerry have a chance is because they're Kerry.
That's it in a nutshell. I might place bet on the margin of Dublin's win just to make it a more interesting watch. Any suggestions on the margin?

If you do bet, go for Dublin by 10. Double figure digits wins all campaign so far apart from the coma in Omagh.

Dublin to win by 7 to 9 points at 4/1 looks like a good bet to me. TBH i'm looking forward to the Minor AI final more so than the senior one as it should be a more competitive contest that will likely be decided in the final quarter.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 08:43:03 PM

Oh ya poor thing having to put up with all these discussions of Financial Doping. Would it be any help if we put our heads in the sand like most of the Media (which is based in the Capital). Or even headquarters who are at the same lark.
Maybe now people see why dubs fans here don't bother trying to discuss the game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 08:52:22 PM

Maybe now people see why dubs fans here don't bother trying to discuss the game.

What Game?

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 08:53:21 PM

What Game?
I do apologise, I was talking about the All Ireland final this weekend.

I should have realised that as Mayo are not in the final this year and the fact the final is on earlier in the year than it has been previously I can see why you're confused.

You probably don't even know that it's a Dublin v Kerry final because you don't have any interest in the dublin team or anything to do with dublin gaa in the county in general

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on August 26, 2019, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2019, 08:53:21 PM

What Game?
I do apologise, I was talking about the All Ireland final this weekend.

I should have realised that as Mayo are not in the final this year and the fact the final is on earlier in the year than it has been previously I can see why you're confused.

You probably don't even know that it's a Dublin v Kerry final because you don't have any interest in the dublin team or anything to do with dublin gaa in the county in general

Oh that Game. Had forgot about it! Beginning to mean less and less.

I'll be shouting for the Dubs. Really hope they do it! Dublin losing would be a disaster for the game.

highorlow

Any news on the teams yet?

Brogan or Connolly to start instead of Scully? Is that likely?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2019, 09:37:26 PM
Any news on the teams yet?

Brogan or Connolly to start instead of Scully? Is that likely?

Alan Brogan has as much of a chance of starting as Bernard!