Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

What's the story with the likes of Mchugh and Harry Loughran? Are they fit and avaialbe?

If RoN gets a starting jersey he'll be under huge pressure to make an impact. Hopefully he gets his form back.

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 01, 2018, 03:10:57 PM
You'd be well pissed off if you're training since January, didn't make the 26 last day Sludden comes in and walks onto a panel. Strange bringing someone in at this stage
Its not strange if you're short of players. If he makes a panel ahead of someone like a fit Ronan Mc Hugh then that would be strange

BennyHarp

Quote from: In hiding on June 01, 2018, 03:50:27 PM
You'd be well pissed off if you're training since January, didn't make the 26 last day Sludden comes in and walks onto a panel. Strange bringing someone in at this stage
Its not strange if you're short of players. If he makes a panel ahead of someone like a fit Ronan Mc Hugh then that would be strange

It would be good to see McHugh and Loughran given a decent opportunity in a championship game. But hopefully we can help them by working on a strategy to get them on the ball in scoring positions and not running into corners or 50 yards out.
That was never a square ball!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 01, 2018, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 01, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Ruairi Sludden has been drafted into the panel accoridng to my source. Skeet has picked up an injury as has Hampsey.
You sure about those injuries ?

Sludden playing tonight.

So....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

trileacman

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 01, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

It would be good to see McHugh and Loughran given a decent opportunity in a championship game. But hopefully we can help them by working on a strategy to get them on the ball in scoring positions and not running into corners or 50 yards out.

Mc Hugh played a Mc Kenna cup game. Was it the final v Donegal? He was shocking, I know everyone deserves a second chance but now is not the time to be experimenting.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

Quote from: trileacman on June 03, 2018, 01:45:46 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 01, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

Mc Hugh played a Mc Kenna cup game. Was it the final v Donegal? He was shocking, I know everyone deserves a second chance but now is not the time to be experimenting.

With three of your best forwards out and very little left to replace them, then I think we may have no choice but to experiment a little. If he's not good enough, why bother keeping him on the squad? If he's on the panel then he should be an option for selection. A poor McKenna cup game in January shouldn't be the be all and end all of a county career. If he's poor again in a championship game in June then we'll know for sure.

redzone

Mchugh is injured. Don't be surprised to see sludden get game time

rrhf

Fluidity is what the squad needs. Form club players should be drafted in.. remember paudge Quinn in 86. Panel fodder should be let go.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 01, 2018, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on June 01, 2018, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 01, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Ruairi Sludden has been drafted into the panel accoridng to my source. Skeet has picked up an injury as has Hampsey.
You sure about those injuries ?

Sludden playing tonight.

So....

Suppose he wouldn't be down as a starred player so probably happy to play for club.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

southtyronegael

Quote from: rrhf on June 03, 2018, 08:45:42 AM
Fluidity is what the squad needs. Form club players should be drafted in.. remember paudge Quinn in 86. Panel fodder should be let go.
agree with this. if your burnin up the club pitches then you deserve a shot at it. mc curry seems to be the in form forward in tyrone at the minute, 1-8 again the last day. get on the phone to him.

redzone

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 03, 2018, 10:25:21 AM
agree with this. if your burnin up the club pitches then you deserve a shot at it. mc curry seems to be the in form forward in tyrone at the minute, 1-8 again the last day. get on the phone to him.
Ball is in mccurrys court, not hard to make a phone call to micky.

BennyHarp

Quote from: redzone on June 03, 2018, 10:48:07 AM

Is McCurry not heading to the States?

Thebigdog

So the player has to ring up Mickey to get a spot on the panel? I've never heard anything as stupid in my life. The players have to run after Harte now? Just goes to show how big an ego the autocratic one has it this moment! LOL

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 01, 2018, 03:33:30 PM
What's the story with the likes of Mchugh and Harry Loughran? Are they fit and avaialbe?

If RoN gets a starting jersey he'll be under huge pressure to make an impact. Hopefully he gets his form back.
Both injured.
Sludden over the last number of years has been the form forward in club football. Delighted to see him get a chance.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Thebigdog on June 03, 2018, 11:07:31 AM
So the player has to ring up Mickey to get a spot on the panel? I've never heard anything as stupid in my life. The players have to run after Harte now? Just goes to show how big an ego the autocratic one has it this moment! LOL
must ring mickey myself see if hed let me play full forward. been a few years since i played but could be doin with shiftin my beer belly.