Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

After reading the above post from seannc123 I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.

square_ball

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 03:49:20 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 03, 2017, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 11:51:34 AM
Johnny left as he wasnt enjoying the whole Tyrone set up.  There was no fun in it.  Children get into football because it is something they enjoy doing and continue to play into their adult life as the enjoyment is still there.  Once the enjoyment goes what is the point putting in the effort that is required especially when you playing second fiddle to Aidan McCrory.  He was telling me that club football is were the enjoyment is for him and thats what he wants to play.  He also told me that there is a lot of other young lads that are not enjoying it but afraid / having the balls to to leave.

If he wasn't enjoying it fair enough. It's a lot of commitment for someone to give. Do find it bit strange to put in all the hard effort from last November to leave before the championship which you would imagine is the most enjoyable time to be involved.

Don't think there is any need for the constant abuse of Aidan McCrory on here. I probably wouldn't start him if I was picking the team and think he's very limited but he is an easy target. He did ok in most of the games he was involved. Other players had worse games in the league (including Munroe in the first half v Roscommon when he got skinned) but don't get half the attention or abuse because people have their minds made up on who should be on. Half the time people on here haven't even seen the Tyrone games that they are giving their opinion on. McRory also got a goal v Dublin which no other player managed in the league up until the Kerry game and works hard for the team.

I know its not Aidan McCrorys fault is on the team but the questions have to be asked why he is?  I personal think it is favouritism towards Errigal.  He is not the first Errigal player that Mickey has shown favoritism to but the difference this time is the surname isnt Harte.

Jaysus I have heard it all now - Peter and Davy Harte is/was only on the team because Mickey was their uncle?? Petey would make any team in Ireland and Davy was up there with the best half backs in the country around 2008. As for Mark Harte he was one of the best club footballers in the county in that 2003 period and more than justified his place in the squad. Youse lads have lost the plot alogether!!

Anyway any more word on this contract? I see Jim Gavin has signed a new deal I think it would give the county a great boost if Mickey signed his new deal pre championship and everyone knew he was going to be there for another few years at least.

tothetop03

Quote from: square_ball on May 03, 2017, 08:34:47 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 03:49:20 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 03, 2017, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 03, 2017, 11:51:34 AM
Johnny left as he wasnt enjoying the whole Tyrone set up.  There was no fun in it.  Children get into football because it is something they enjoy doing and continue to play into their adult life as the enjoyment is still there.  Once the enjoyment goes what is the point putting in the effort that is required especially when you playing second fiddle to Aidan McCrory.  He was telling me that club football is were the enjoyment is for him and thats what he wants to play.  He also told me that there is a lot of other young lads that are not enjoying it but afraid / having the balls to to leave.

If he wasn't enjoying it fair enough. It's a lot of commitment for someone to give. Do find it bit strange to put in all the hard effort from last November to leave before the championship which you would imagine is the most enjoyable time to be involved.

Don't think there is any need for the constant abuse of Aidan McCrory on here. I probably wouldn't start him if I was picking the team and think he's very limited but he is an easy target. He did ok in most of the games he was involved. Other players had worse games in the league (including Munroe in the first half v Roscommon when he got skinned) but don't get half the attention or abuse because people have their minds made up on who should be on. Half the time people on here haven't even seen the Tyrone games that they are giving their opinion on. McRory also got a goal v Dublin which no other player managed in the league up until the Kerry game and works hard for the team.

I know its not Aidan McCrorys fault is on the team but the questions have to be asked why he is?  I personal think it is favouritism towards Errigal.  He is not the first Errigal player that Mickey has shown favoritism to but the difference this time is the surname isnt Harte.

Jaysus I have heard it all now - Peter and Davy Harte is/was only on the team because Mickey was their uncle?? Petey would make any team in Ireland and Davy was up there with the best half backs in the country around 2008. As for Mark Harte he was one of the best club footballers in the county in that 2003 period and more than justified his place in the squad. Youse lads have lost the plot alogether!!

Anyway any more word on this contract? I see Jim Gavin has signed a new deal I think it would give the county a great boost if Mickey signed his new deal pre championship and everyone knew he was going to be there for another few years at least.

Mickeys new deal was brought up at last months countys board meeting...was put on the back burner..

southtyronegael

what new deal? unless harte wins the all ireland this year then he is gone. there never will be another dirty deal done.

square_ball

Oh right didnt hear that about it being put on the back burner. Thought it would give players and all fans a big boost pre-championship to have  a new deal signed and sealed. Suppose we will just have to wait to winter now at this stage for him to be confirmed for another while.

tothetop03

Quote from: square_ball on May 03, 2017, 09:18:09 PM
Oh right didnt hear that about it being put on the back burner. Thought it would give players and all fans a big boost pre-championship to have  a new deal signed and sealed. Suppose we will just have to wait to winter now at this stage for him to be confirmed for another while.

Seemingly was suggested that would be discussed again after summer...Contract not up to December...

southtyronegael

i think hes really earned another contract so far this year.lol. couple of wind up merchants on here.

square_ball

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 09:31:28 PM
i think hes really earned another contract so far this year.lol. couple of wind up merchants on here.

Good point there STG i agree with you i think he has done enough already this year too. McKenna Cup, retaining Division 1 status and hopefully a win in Celtic Park and either an Ulster title or a good run in the qualifiers and he'll have more than earned his extension.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 09:31:28 PM

Genuine question - do the likes of the above fella genuinely feel that Tyrone have by far the best panel of players in Ireland, to the extent that anything less than an AI victory is deemed an abject failure? What would be a successful season?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

at the minute a successfull season would be one in which the players enjoyed playing and the fans enjoyed watching. forget about all irelands.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 10:21:51 PM
at the minute a successfull season would be one in which the players enjoyed playing and the fans enjoyed watching. forget about all irelands.

Footballers and managers are not there to entertain, they're there to win.

southtyronegael

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 10:21:51 PM

Come on, stop being wishy washy. What would be successful? Ulster champions again?

southtyronegael

woulnt worry too much about ulster. if we beat one of the big 3 in croke park i could say we have made progress of sorts.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 10:49:24 PM
woulnt worry too much about ulster. if we beat one of the big 3 in croke park i could say we have made progress of sorts.

Fair enough. That definitely needs to be the next target, id actually agree with you.